futurecode - postview

All about art books

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

futurecode - postview

Postby deoch » July 18th, 2006, 8:27 pm

According to wani's site, they'll be releasing futurecode at comiket 70.

It's around 24 pages, thin paper+staple bound, 100% color, and hole punched. I assume it's meant to be a supplement to form code. It's bilingual like futurhythm, but the translation is a bit questionable... Two of the pages are dedicated to a kind of breakdown of the contents of form code. Two of the pages are a kind of mini discography of published works/robot. The rest are mostly just a collection of images of murata illustrations and goods. Most of the illustrations inside have already been seen.. though there are a few that I think are new. It's a pretty nice looking collection as a whole..
Wish there was more new material though.

Here's some samples.

deoch

Postby MrDisco » July 18th, 2006, 9:03 pm

awesome! hopefully someone will have them for sale.
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby shawn » July 19th, 2006, 5:53 am

Well, I thought that Formcode is a thick collection. Too thick that it damages some of the contents when shipped. Well, I don't have it yet, but if it's true, where the hell are we going to fit more stuff in the binder? Is it a good idea? :shock:
屁をひって尻窄め
shawn

Location: Latitude 50° 48' 5'' North Longitude 1° 4' 35'' West

Postby Ananke » July 19th, 2006, 12:11 pm

Actually... Formcode is quite thinner than Futurhythm, so I think there's still quite a bit of room.
~P!
Ananke

Postby skicow » July 19th, 2006, 1:50 pm

Very nice :)

I'm trying really hard to not start collecting Range's stuff but it's getting harder to keep the urge under control when I see such beautiful work.
skicow

Postby shawn » July 19th, 2006, 3:59 pm

skicow: It's very hard to try and stay away but once you start... you want every single publish and unpublish work of his. :cry:

Well, I did anyway. And I'm still getting nowhere close to complete collection and the older the releases the more lighter your wallet gets. :shock:

Oh, and I think clickstick has given up and is selling his collection... maybe for his own personal reason which I won't intrude.

Good luck holding back. :wink:
屁をひって尻窄め
shawn

Postby mighty_vespa » July 20th, 2006, 1:15 am

shawn wrote:It's very hard to try and stay away but once you start... you want every single publish and unpublish work of his. :cry:

Yes. There's no denying that the temptation is STRONG, but I've found that it's easy to not give in. I've been quite satisfied just owning Murata's commercial artbooks. While some of them are investments in and of themselves, it's allowed me to collect books from the many other artists I love; especially, the one's I don't have books for yet.
mighty_vespa

Postby shawn » July 20th, 2006, 6:15 am

I'm going off-topic here but the reason I collect Murata is the way he design the books and doujin's. They are very fascinating and intriguing. It's very aesthetically appealing to me... well, some might argue that it might not be practical for daily handling and they are too delicate and flimsy. Well, you see he is an artist after all, so there.

Similar to an architect which is great in his vision of designing on plan but practically sometimes it's very hard or even impossible for the builder/contractor to carry out and make his design work. Some adjustments had to be done to fit.

I suppose since a flawed in design 'art book' is still an 'art book' nonetheless.

Do you see Jun Tsukasa or even Shirow do that? They just couldn't be bothered...

p.s. ok ok .... don't shoot me, don't shoot me. I'm sorry! :ase:
屁をひって尻窄め
shawn

Postby skicow » July 21st, 2006, 2:06 pm

shawn wrote:I'm going off-topic here but the reason I collect Murata is the way he design the books and doujin's. They are very fascinating and intriguing. It's very aesthetically appealing to me... well, some might argue that it might not be practical for daily handling and they are too delicate and flimsy. Well, you see he is an artist after all, so there.

Similar to an architect which is great in his vision of designing on plan but practically sometimes it's very hard or even impossible for the builder/contractor to carry out and make his design work. Some adjustments had to be done to fit.

I suppose since a flawed in design 'art book' is still an 'art book' nonetheless.

Do you see Jun Tsukasa or even Shirow do that? They just couldn't be bothered...

p.s. ok ok .... don't shoot me, don't shoot me. I'm sorry! :ase:

From all I've read about Murata's collections they are very nice....The only Murata that I own is Robots 2, not really a Murata product since it's just the cover and inside front of the book....

I'm like you with Shirow - I have to have everything he has done. So I'm even more in trouble than you are since Shirow has probably done 3 times as much as Murata at the monent. :o my wallet is very light! :)
skicow

Postby val » July 21st, 2006, 2:28 pm

futurecode is a follow-up to formcode. It's a pre/post view. Whatever that means...

They will also release a preview book for Abe at the event. It's a preview of Yoshitoshi Abe's upcoming art book.

I don't know how much either will cost, but the items will be sold like prior Wani Comiket releases, so it may be expensive. They sold Kairakuten for 2600 yen, and it was just a brochure w/phone card. However, they sold Preview for 500 yen, so you never know.

The items will not be sold in stores though, so you need to find someone who will be at the event early enough to buy.
Last edited by val on July 21st, 2006, 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
val

Postby val » July 21st, 2006, 2:45 pm

Wani will also sell a mini-robot book at the Comiket which will feature different artists from Robot.
val

Postby val » July 21st, 2006, 2:50 pm

Also, for Murata's book, I believe they're releasing this because they did not release a "preview" for formcode, like they did for Like A Balance Life or futurhythm. It will likely be the same as the futurhythm preview book, which was this book:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6067046527
val

Postby MrDisco » July 21st, 2006, 7:43 pm

ok ZTers we need to find someone to attend Comiket to get us futurecode, tb 2006, and mini-robot!
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby val » July 21st, 2006, 9:32 pm

shawn wrote:Well, I thought that Formcode is a thick collection. Too thick that it damages some of the contents when shipped. Well, I don't have it yet, but if it's true, where the hell are we going to fit more stuff in the binder? Is it a good idea? :shock:

formcode is thinner than futurhythm? That's a surprise. I thought it had more volume than futurhythm. Wani promotes it as having more content too.

The problem with formcode is the slip cover is too tight for the content, and the paper is too weak. I don't think you can add anything, at all, and still put the binder in the slip cover.
val

Postby val » July 21st, 2006, 9:40 pm

Actually, Formcode has 160 pages:
http://www.wani.com/shouhin_detail.php? ... code=60025

futurhythm had 120 pages.
val

Next

Return to Art Books