Just got my Form/Code

All about art books

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Just got my Form/Code

Postby chokichoki » April 7th, 2006, 12:24 am

Just got it this morning, (distracted me from my studying) ordered it through amazon japan.
This thing is GORGEOUS! Its like a pop-up book only better (has lots of surprises and inserts)
Here's a pic of the box: Image
the actual book: (comes in a slip case) Image
the first page has a thick plastic overlay that has forum/code embossed on it (doesn't show well on the pic): Image
another sample page: Image
it also comes with fold outs of the 4 robot books (on thin, newspaper-like paper, so be careful!): Image
more sample pages: Image
pics of RMpinkies!!!: Image
there's a page that's like a folio holder, and it has schematics for a bench designed by R.Murata, the postman bag, and a BIG fold out that looks like a collage of sketches (but by the way it looks, its like he took the big piece of paper & just sketched all over it :D ). Again, very thin paper. : Image
pics of all (?) of the figures that he's made: Image
he also has an afterservice of a 2001-2003 calendar: Image
and futuregraph: Image

I only got the standard ed, ('cuz I'm a starving student), but the spine of the binder says "limited edition 24+20"
o well, that's it. got a little carried away with the pictures. :oops:
Last edited by chokichoki on April 7th, 2006, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
chokichoki

Postby click » April 7th, 2006, 12:55 am

Thanks for sharing. I kinda want to break the bank now.

[Also, forum code?]
click

Postby chokichoki » April 7th, 2006, 1:34 am

oops, sorry bout the spelling, I guess I just automatically typed it that way. :oops: Changed the title. thanks for catching that
chokichoki

Postby val » April 7th, 2006, 2:29 am

"I only got the standard ed, ('cuz I'm a starving student), but the spine of the binder says "limited edition 24+20" "

Nah, you got the limited edition. :) The standard edition has not released yet. It will follow soon. The Wani Special is the limited edition (exact same package) plus a signed/numbered color print that's included within Wani's shipment.

24+20 stands for the number of main (one-sided) print vs. the remaining two-side prints. It also represents the print quality. The main prints used some sort of high tech five(? can't remember right now) color technology with silk or something like that. The others use one less color plus a lower grade of paper.

PS.
Click - the image on your site of the signed print is dead. It gives a 404.
val

Postby chokichoki » April 7th, 2006, 3:48 am

ooo..I see. Either way, this thing is sooooo cool.
Unfortunately though, Amazon japan can't get a copy of the corrected page. O well
chokichoki

Postby val » April 7th, 2006, 6:41 am

If you really want the page and you place an order at eBay at some point, let me know & I'll slip one in the package. We did request extra sheets. Plus, I can easily request more. It doesn't cost me anything to request a sheet or to add it to a package.
val

Postby burnout » April 7th, 2006, 4:15 pm

i got it today too. thing is huge and im kinda afraid to open it.
burnout

Postby chokichoki » April 8th, 2006, 4:47 am

really val? :shock: thanks, you're the greatest. I'll see what I can buy on ebay from you (after I get paid)
chokichoki

Postby val » April 8th, 2006, 10:59 pm

chokichoki wrote:really val? :shock: thanks, you're the greatest. I'll see what I can buy on ebay from you (after I get paid)

Sure, I'm happy to help anyone that supports our store in a positive way. :) I don't mean just buying from us by support. I've had bad experiences with people taking advantage of my willingness to help, and I'm just venturing back online. Anyways, I previously said we would provide the replacement page for our buyers because as a consumer, I would hope a store did that for me if I bought from them, but as always, I'm happy to help a fan in need.

I will likely have a few extra for many months to years, and like I said previously, I can get more. So, no rush in ordering.
Last edited by val on April 9th, 2006, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
val

Postby val » April 9th, 2006, 2:38 pm

I just want to apologize about my last post. I had a moment of insanity because I have been feeling extremely frustrated about something and that something pushed me over the edge right before I posted. I have deleted the majority of my prior post.

Again, I apologize but I really should not have done that because it has nothing to do with you or this procduct. Sorry.
val

Return to Art Books