NSFW - Hellabunna h-manga?

All about doujinshi

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

NSFW - Hellabunna h-manga?

Postby val » June 28th, 2007, 5:58 pm

Hentai parody sales must be slow because the doujin artist known as Hellabunna released an original character manga under Core Magazine:
NSFW
http://www.corebooks.jp/index.php?main_ ... s_id=22076

I haven't paid much attention to h-manga in a long time, but as far as I recall, this is the first time I've seen a manga by this artist. It's been in stores for a couple weeks already. Core's site does say it's the artist's debute but I don't know if that's specific to Core, the publisher, or to the artist's professional career. Are there others by this artist?

I guess this means the artist is not making enough through doujin because many popular doujinshi-ka don't want to make h-manga professionally because they only receive 3%-6% of each book's retail price. Of course, if you sell 20,000 copies, it's not that bad but if you sell 2,000, you can't really survive on it. Doujinshi pricing normally includes 40%-80% profit per book for the artist. Some popular artists charge far too much over cost.

I notice even Saigado is making h-manga. Previously, he told us that he had no interest in making h-manga because there's very little profit for the artist, and he would lose the freedom to create manga under his terms.
val

Re: NSFW - Hellabunna h-manga?

Postby H-Gurl » June 28th, 2007, 6:27 pm

Yeah, this looks to be his first manga.
His doujinshi work used to be really popular, but I guess thats dwindling.

I've kinda dropped out of the H Doujinshi & Manga scene myself.

Also, I don't see people looking to buy H books as much as I used to.
I think the scan has killed the purchases of these books a lot.
I have no idea what you're talking about...
...so here's a bunny with a cellphone on it's head.
H-Gurl
Humble Follower

Postby val » June 28th, 2007, 10:55 pm

I think doujinshi is less popular today. The scans don't help but it's also not a rare niche market now. Everyone is making doujinshi and there's plenty of stock. I think artists also got carried away with pricing a couple years ago, so the market is finally settling and the artists have to find new sources of income. A couple years ago, doujinshi got so expensive with far too many releases and artists involved that it kind of lost its magic with fans.

It has actually done this in the past, so I think the market will pick up again. However, re-releasing the same old art and selling second hand doujinshi is definitely dead in Japan. There's only some many times Hellabunna can make a DOA doujinshi before people get tired of it. The same goes for most artists who do "h", and fans are just not willing to pay the same prices as they used to pay for it. The fans do still exist though. It's not a craze though, and I'm kind of glad to see that.
val

Postby DualSoul » June 29th, 2007, 4:10 am

I'll keep collecting, though I'd like to believe it's not because I'm stubborn and like having a 'whole collection' of something ¬_¬

... it probably is though.
DualSoul

Return to Doujinshi