2007-01-31 - Affiliates Links

Important info will be posted here

2007-01-31 - Affiliates Links

Postby Firestorm ZERO » January 31st, 2007, 2:02 pm

I'm going to be adding up some affiliates link eventually. Why? Win-Win. The company gets it sale and they will share a cost to us.

First of all...
- I am not out of money. This site is not dying. This site is not closing down. I am not asking for donations.
- I will NEVER put graphical ads (unless I am required to do). I hate them. Heck I will block them, just like you would do ;). They will be text link ads.
- I am not forcing you to use them. You can not use them if you like.
- ALL monies will be used to give back to the site in any way, shape or form. Either for contests (if we ever get big), or what not. Maybe even donation to a charity or organization (maybe end of the year Christmas donation :)).

Of course I am not expecting huge earnings here. But hey if we can get even a donation that's good enough for me (every little bit counts) :)

If you know a shop, not in the list, that has such a program let me know.
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Postby MrDisco » January 31st, 2007, 3:44 pm

what about the usual..amazon, ebay (?), ..heck or the list of ones that AoD uses?
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby Susano » January 31st, 2007, 5:10 pm

That sounds good to me. I know Right Stuf has an affiliate program as does Yes Asia. I really like the idea of a charity donation at the end of the year. Sounds like a grand idea to help others out. :waai:
Susano

Postby Firestorm ZERO » January 31st, 2007, 6:36 pm

Some affiliate programs need to review the site. But I am still working on the content side so those will have to wait.
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Postby Firestorm ZERO » February 4th, 2007, 7:08 pm

ok added Amazon but their affiliate system is separate for each country even USA and Canada. I did the US one and did the JP one but the JP one was confusing since it didn't have the sign up in English. Hopefully I did it right.
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Postby MrDisco » February 5th, 2007, 3:41 am

d'oh i just placed an order with Amazon (for the new harry potter book). i'll have to cancel and re-order though the link.
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby Firestorm ZERO » February 5th, 2007, 3:45 am

well you don't really have to if it is a hassle. btw you order your books from the US?
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Postby MrDisco » February 5th, 2007, 6:09 am

Firestorm ZERO wrote:well you don't really have to if it is a hassle. btw you order your books from the US?

sometimes. depends on the book and the pricing. in this case i wanted the SE version and for some reason amazon.ca and chapters don't carry it.

i've also ordered books from amazon.uk for british publications.

edit: k order re-placed through the sponsor link. do you get a notice when ppl use it?
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby Firestorm ZERO » February 5th, 2007, 5:59 pm

Yup. It shows up in the report page.
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Postby Susano » February 6th, 2007, 12:42 am

Heh, well, you should be seeing a couple orders from me soon through Right Stuf and Amazon as well. Right Stuf's doing a sale on all Media Blasters stuff, so the Hubby wants me to get him some pron while I'm grabbing Please Twins volume 1 with box for $15. And we need to pick up a couple ds games now that I know our tax return is as big as it is. (That baby was just in time for us to pay off med bills, now if only it would get deposited.)
Susano

Return to Announcements