Does Yes-Asia sell bootleg items?

Discussion of fake / bootleg figures/statues/models. Get rid of them like the plague!

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Does Yes-Asia sell bootleg items?

Postby Cerudays » August 2nd, 2012, 12:10 am

Hi everyone! I'm new here on this forum, and this is my first post.

I recently placed a preorder on the Kagamine Rin plush (Here's the link: http://www.yesasia.com/us/1021591746-0-0-0-en/info.html).

However, I have never bought from them before and I was wondering: do they sell legit items? I'm paranoid that I'm spending over $60 on a bootleg plush as bootlegs of the nendoroid plushes are common. ;n;
I've looked them up before buying and I got both good and iffy reviews, though the iffy reviews were mostly dated back in 2009.

Have you ever bought from them? And were the products legit?
Cerudays
NOOB DOOD!

Re: Does Yes-Asia sell bootleg items?

Postby Firestorm ZERO » August 2nd, 2012, 2:48 am

I bought JP manga and some figures from them and as far I know they are legit.

If you want to go safer, you can order that from a store in Japan. You might save a few bucks (2980円=about $38 US+I assuming $10-$15 for SAL shipping).
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... agecnt%3D1
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Postby Cerudays » August 2nd, 2012, 3:28 am

Thanks for the helpful answer; I didn't think to check AmiAmi! ^^
Cerudays
NOOB DOOD!

Postby Otaku-X » September 1st, 2012, 5:36 am

Yesasia does sell fakes!
I recently ordered some Japanese manga comics. Since I didn't know yesasia was chinese, I stupidly expected my order to arrive from Japan. Imagine my surprise when the package arrived from hong kong! My heart just sank! The books were very obviously cheap chinese knock-offs. The quality, paper, colors, even the sizes were all wrong. They didn't match the same books I had already purchased when I was in Japan. Yesasia obviously scans the originals and uses some kind of print-on-demand system when you order,.. even ordering the same book twice will give you different results. I would be VERY cautious about buying anything else from them if you care about the quality of your collection.
Otaku-X
NOOB DOOD!

Return to Fake / Bootleg Figures/Statues/Models