Princess of the Crystal

All about figures, statues and models

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Princess of the Crystal

Postby Arcturus » April 8th, 2012, 4:52 am

Looking at getting the "Princess of the Crystal" figma from Mawaru Penguindrum anime. Never ordered a figure before. The options given are HobbyLink Japan, Hobby Search, or Amiami. Which would be the best one to order the figma from? Thanks.

http://www.tomopop.com/princess-of-the- ... 3193.phtml
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, we have you at T-minus 4 mins and counting.
Shirow One to Tokyo Central we have a problem.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Re: Princess of the Crystal

Postby Firestorm ZERO » April 11th, 2012, 2:28 am

Personally for me, I buy my figures from Amiami now. They are usually the cheapest (in Yen pricing). They now have points (for a little discount next order). And they can ship SAL now (as I am cheap on shipping).
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Postby Onegai » April 12th, 2012, 5:10 am

One advantage to HLJ is that you can always cancel orders should you have a change of heart.
Onegai

Postby Firestorm ZERO » April 13th, 2012, 2:38 am

Amiami can cancel too but you have to manually email them. And I think you can't do it too close to release.

One issue I had with HLJ was they didn't combine orders even if other orders are close to release dates. HLJ ships the moment they get stock. One time I ordered a set of Queen's Blade figures (both release on the same day). They shipped the first one and then shipped the 2nd one separately the next day (so I got charged shipping twice :()

Amiami now has the ability to combine orders within the same month I believe. I don't use it because I don't shop figures much anymore.

I also use Amiami because I buy games from them now as well. Amiami is one of the popular stores in Japan that get pre-order bonuses and that ship internationally. As the other stores with pre-order bonuses like Gamers, etc.. don't ship internationally.
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Postby Onegai » April 17th, 2012, 9:15 am

I prefer HLJs manual account maintenance system for changing orders. I'll often pre-order something early on only to change my mind later on. 70% of orders aren't must haves.

Yeah I'm with you on HLJs shipping policy though. :(
Onegai

Postby Arcturus » April 18th, 2012, 10:31 pm

Thanks all, for your responses. I appreciate it.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Postby Onegai » August 20th, 2012, 4:51 am

HLJ has had a major revision to its website. You can now hold items (similar to BBTS loot system) for up to 2 months and create custom shipments.
Onegai

Postby Arcturus » August 24th, 2012, 6:57 pm

I received my Princess of the Crystal 'figma' figure today. Delivered by FedEx.
Ordered it via HobbyLinkJapan. Didn't have any problems, though HLJ was pretty skimpy in the air bubble packaging. No damage though.

Have no plans to take it apart and play with it at this time. Don't have anyplace to display it. Rather keep it in its box and outer plastic wrap to protect it and the box. Box is quite pretty in its own way. The plastic wrap that the box has on it, will keep the dust off.

This purchase for me was a spontaneous purchase. Normally don't buy figures, because I really can't display them. I still have my Catty figure from Gallforce in its box waiting for me to glue it together and paint it. Like that will ever happen.

Thank you all who gave me advice on how to make this purchase.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Return to Figures / Statues / Models