Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Re: Syn's collection VER.2.0.1. -EVERYTHING ON PAGE 1-

Postby BigPfeiffer » June 18th, 2010, 4:21 pm

That SIC looks great!
BigPfeiffer
Site Sponser

Postby Slaigar » June 18th, 2010, 4:36 pm

Oh god those minis are so cute! Especially Luka :chu2:.
Slaigar

Postby Syn13 » June 20th, 2010, 12:21 am

I've got some beef with how IXA's articulation despite how freaking cool IXA looks though:
-Head only turns left and right, because of his ability to have his visor open or closed, he gets two different heads which loses the ball joint in the neck.
-His large shoulder pads aren't traditionally attached to his arms but instead, his back making him unable to pose his arms anywhere higher than his chest.
-Legs seem stiffer and tougher to put into dynamic pose.
-unrelated to articulation but the power ups/frustles are very small and not as tight as I thought, almost lost 2 of them. Cool thing is that they do insert into the belt like the show.
In the end, he's a double pack Rider which gets less things that his buddy, Dark Kiva which comes with slightly more items. Along with my DX IXA belt, SIC IXA is a better choice if I only had to choose SIC or SHFiguarts.

I got nothing but absolute love for Luka Nendoroid~
It was tough deciding which look to use since they all great! Standard face is totally Luka, Double Lariat is my second favorite song(then again, Double Lariat and Just be Friends are the only videos I remember) and the singing face is so vocaloid!
Syn13

Postby Syn13 » October 8th, 2010, 11:10 pm

Been a little quiet recently and only two new stuff from a while ago while I was gone:
Kyoto Animation/KyoAni Mio Akiyama Don't Say Lazy version:
ImageImage

Noble Team from Halo: Reach(Legendary Edition):
Not really a big Master Chief fan but I really like the "inferior" Spartan IIIs from Reach.
Syn13

Postby Onegai » October 9th, 2010, 12:26 pm

That's the McFarlane designed bonus statue isn't it? ;)
Onegai

Postby Syn13 » October 10th, 2010, 5:37 am

Yup, kinda disappointed that it was rumored to be around 10lbs but then they decided to make it cheaper by making the metal injected plastic while the Noble Team feels like PVC/Vinyl but then again, it takes up 90% surface space of one of my detolfs so it's all good. Also recently found out that the statues maybe mass produced but apparently they're all hand painted.
Syn13

Postby oroboru » October 10th, 2010, 5:59 pm

Either way, it's looking pretty spiffy!
Plastic... cool, sterile, and oh so pretty!
oroboru

Postby Syn13 » October 15th, 2010, 5:12 am

Indeed, unfortunately I had to take out Noble Team for possibly better items since I'm running out of room in my detolfs....
Mark really did it, got the entire set of the Kuji Ichiban Code Geass R2 set and it looks freaking awesome!!!

Unfortunately this set had to wait since I was going through a new part time job...bah but it looks great!

Oh yeah, along with the set, I did get my Luck Star x Street Fighter IV puchi nendoroids, not really into Lucky Star but I love the concept...really wished that they gave Kagami red ribbons like Ryu but whatever :D
Syn13

Postby BigPfeiffer » November 12th, 2010, 6:37 pm

Ichiban goodness :D
BigPfeiffer
Site Sponser

Postby Syn13 » January 12th, 2011, 10:03 pm

Back from the dead! Everything has been smoothing out lately with all my "hobbies" and you guys will notice why below!

Just got two great figures from Mark and glad I went through with both of them including my new arcade stick with a totally custom template that I had to make myself(guessing no one wanted to ruin their $300 peripheral):
1: Alter Clalaclan - I was iffy on this figure and had second guesses but Mark received it and reassured me that I won't be disappointed. Opened her up and I knew I shouldn't have doubted Mark nor the quality work of Alter because she is a 10/10 figure IMO! Beautiful paint apps, detail and sculpt and the funny thing is that the her box is just as big as my Xbox 360 Elite box :D
2: FREEing Mio Akiyama - She's my second FREEing figure but my fifth Mio figure, she stands a close second next to my upLARK Mio whereas my KyoAni stands first.
3: Megahouse Sheryl Rise Up version - very very sexy but has the same faults as Yamato Ignis with the clothing/cast off feature since the pegs cannot be easily plugged in because of the angle her top is(between her arm and chest)

Misc.
Hori Real Arcade Pro Premium VLX: Yoko Littner edition:
Not a figure but a toy(I guess I can put it in here as well heh heh), was never the type of person who like to have the same looking item as the next guy so I spend a couple of days trying to perfect the measurements in PS to create a template for the stick. Days after the Christmas and New Year Holiday, I went to get a test template to see if it fits as well as to get another template printed for my Qanba Q3. As you can see from the test template, the Start button didn't really fit but luckily it wasn't that far out so my Yoko template came out near perfect.
I'll be back to spam other threads, gonna head out for a SSFIV casual now :D

BigPfeiffer wrote:Ichiban goodness :D

Yes, my mind is still blown on the price that you got the complete set for me!
Syn13

Postby BigPfeiffer » January 12th, 2011, 10:07 pm

Hori looking v good! :)
BigPfeiffer
Site Sponser

Postby Syn13 » January 18th, 2011, 7:24 am

Hats off to oroboru's brother! Just got my Hori arcade stick back from him for a dual mod job! I've had my other "travel" stick completely redone from him before so I had no worries when he modded the VLX.

I just found out today as I went to pick up the stick and I was quite surprised when he said, "Hey apparently you know my brother", lol, what a small world!
Syn13

Postby oroboru » January 18th, 2011, 3:38 pm

Syn13 wrote:Hats off to oroboru's brother! Just got my Hori arcade stick back from him for a dual mod job! I've had my other "travel" stick completely redone from him before so I had no worries when he modded the VLX.

I just found out today as I went to pick up the stick and I was quite surprised when he said, "Hey apparently you know my brother", lol, what a small world!

The number of small world conversations I tell you... also, I'm pretty sure there aren't too many of your Hori sticks flying around.
Plastic... cool, sterile, and oh so pretty!
oroboru

Previous

Return to Figures / Statues / Models