Summer Anime 2010

All about anime

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Summer Anime 2010

Postby Arcturus » July 11th, 2010, 8:54 pm

Another anime season is upon us.

Strike Witches 2 - First episode is great. If you liked Strike Witches then you will like Strike Witches 2. If you didn't like Strike Witches, then you will not like
Strike Witches 2 for the same reasons. Animation and the character animation is just as fantastic.

Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin - Occult Academy seems to be another fine anime. Animation appears to be quite good and the possiblities of a good story seem to
to be there. Of course as the name implies it is occult themed.

Highschool_of_the_Dead - Zombies attack a High School. Quite graphic and fanservicy. Very good animation. Who knows where the story is going. But with the
animation and fanservice it will be some ride.

Kuroshitsuji_II - Sequel for the Black Butler series. Never finished the original series, not because I didn't like it, but just the sheer number of shows I have to
watch. I liked this first episode of this series, though you should watch the first series first.

Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi - Another series that I like at this point. Kind of different, a sort of school club acts as troubleshooters of sorts. Going
to keep an eye on this one.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, we have you at T-minus 4 mins and counting.
Shirow One to Tokyo Central we have a problem.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Re: Summer Anime 2010

Postby Syn13 » July 17th, 2010, 12:08 am

I believe the only thing on the list currently *new* that I've started to catch was High School of the Dead. First of all I wanted to catch the manga series but didn't know how long the series would eventually pan out so I eventually skipped it but being art style from Inazuma(I only really remember his doujin name)/Digital Accel Works, I was really interested to check it up since the most it would contain would be fan service.
So far within 2 episode, the pacing isn't bad, we've caught up with the majority of the High School survivors and it's hard to believe but the school has no fat girls in it lol! I've only caught this series through streaming but it seems to have top notch quality(none the less I would expect from something of such a level of fan service).
I'm actually decided that I will keep watching until I either hit filler episodes or if the story will hit total stupidity.

Aside from HOTD, I'm still watching Heroman, K-On!, SD Gundam and the newer OAV episodes of Black Lagoon(which I guess focuses more on the crew and Roberta since it's mainly her story).

Bandai/Sunrise will be releasing their new Gundam series next month to literally sell more model kits, the new series is called Gunpla Builders which focuses on a kid who builds an original looking Gundam(none that I've ever seen), and takes it to an arcade-like place to run simulation battles(much like real piloting?). I'm guessing that he'll stumble upon something serious where his rival will be piloting a custom black coloured Hi-Nu Gundam. When I mean serious, it's like all Gundam series where teens hate the idea that adults create war but they have to do something type story.
Syn13

Postby Slaigar » July 19th, 2010, 2:53 pm

Highschool of the Dead - I'm so happy it's Madhouse doing the adaptation. The manga is great and worth a read. It had me scared that an adaption would ruin it, but so far it's been very faithful. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes.
Black Lagoon - Roberta's Blood Trail - Season 3 of Black Lagoon is a set of OVAs (5, I think?) following Roberta's arc. It's going to be sweet.
Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin - I enjoyed the first two episodes and looks very promising. I'm keeping my eyes on this one.

Finishing up from last season:
K-on - After they changed the opening theme, I'm liking it a bit more haha.
Slaigar

Postby Onegai » July 20th, 2010, 9:38 am

Just found a copy of Iria the Animation. :waku:

Hey wait that's not new...
Onegai

Postby Arcturus » July 21st, 2010, 4:07 am

Onegai wrote:Just found a copy of Iria the Animation. :waku:

Hey wait that's not new...

Doesn't matter, it is new to you. I rather liked Iria. Sort of liked the live action Iria too.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, we have you at T-minus 4 mins and counting.
Shirow One to Tokyo Central we have a problem.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Return to Anime