Spring 2010

All about anime

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Spring 2010

Postby Arcturus » March 24th, 2010, 4:20 am

Just wondering what you all are looking forward to in the forthcoming Japanese Spring anime season.

My 500 GB storage drive is almost full of shows I have watched and waiting on American releases, and shows I have yet to watch.
Not to mention, all the R1 DVD's I need to watch. Gawd, 52 episodes of Erin, when will I ever have the time to sit down and
watch it.

Trying to pare my anime viewing down, since I really don't want to buy another storage media.

- The character designs in 'Heroman' seem interesting. A Bones and Stan Lee collaboration.

- Same thing for 'Shin Koihime†Musou ~Otome Tairan', the character designs.

- The story and character designs for 'Angel Beats' look good.

- The story for 'Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou' intrigues me.

- 'Working!' seems interesting for some vague reason.

- 'K-ON!!' interested in seeing where they are going to take this. Can anything more really be said in this story.....

- Don't know about the 'House of Five Leaves'. If the art on the anime season poster is representative of the series
it will be a hard sell for me no matter how good the story is, if it is a good story.

- 'Kiss x Sis', well you gotta have a guilty pleasure in here somewhere.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, we have you at T-minus 4 mins and counting.
Shirow One to Tokyo Central we have a problem.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Re: Spring 2010

Postby Onegai » March 24th, 2010, 11:06 am

They need to get back to making REAL anime again. Somewhere along the way they lost their path... :(

Arcturus wrote:- Don't know about the 'House of Five Leaves'. If the art on the anime season poster is representative of the series
it will be a hard sell for me no matter how good the story is, if it is a good story.

Wow I'm liking the art, so different from the usual fare! Hopefully the story will match the unique visuals. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdyiHmINg1s

Honestly I need a well though out story first and foremost. Good visuals are just a bonus.
Onegai

Postby Slaigar » March 27th, 2010, 5:27 pm

I'm not even sure what I'll check this season... I will continue K-on and Ikkitousen :boso: . Not too impressed with this lineup, but it's probably because I haven't been paying attention and haven't seen the hype for it. The Nodame OVA sounds cool. I'm excited for that.

Judging by the poster art, these are the ones I'm going to try first: Senkou no Night Raid, House of Five Leaves, Yojo-han Shinwa Taikei (Madhouse. That's all I need to know.), and Heroman (because it's Bones and Stan Lee!)
Slaigar

Postby Susano » March 28th, 2010, 2:39 am

I will be getting/ importing Ikkitousen, but I'm not certain about any of the others. I will likely give Angel Beat a try along with Heroman' but I doubt I will import either unless I'm really impressed. I really just cannot see myself getting into the House of Five Leaves; the art is just too off looking.
Susano

Postby Onegai » March 29th, 2010, 2:00 pm

Style over substance?
Onegai

Postby Syn13 » March 30th, 2010, 4:59 am

K-On!!
^Anticipating this series ever since it ended, sure it's not liked by many but nay sayers be damned, it's gonna take a whole lot to make me not watch season 2.

Danny Choo's Mirai gets animated!
Not sure when this is coming out but it seems like it'll revolve around a weird style, firefighters in Japan? I know they're common but hmmm...His dancing Stormtrooper better make a cameo or it isn't Danny Choo's creation ;P

Oh yea, Kampher 2

Nah kidding XD
Syn13

Postby Arcturus » March 31st, 2010, 7:42 pm

Onegai wrote:Style over substance?

A good story is always favorable, but sometimes the art is too off putting
making it a chore to watch the story.

If the story is fantastic and it transcends the art or even enhances the art
then it might well be a must see.

It has happened before, but with so little free time to watch TV and anime
one must prioritize based on each person's own individual bias.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Postby Arcturus » July 10th, 2010, 9:08 pm

Just finished watching the first two episodes of Angel Beats. The character interactions remind me of Suzumiya Haruhi.
I will be watching more, since the premise is interesting and the animation is nice looking.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/6547/Angel_Beats!

Spoiler:
Otonashi wakes up at a high school with no memories, next to him is a Suzumiya Haruhi (Yuri) look alike with a sniper
rifle trained trained on a blonde girl (Tenshi) standing in the center of a football field.

That is how the first episode starts out.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Postby Syn13 » July 17th, 2010, 12:12 am

I've been hearing mixed feelings about Angel Beats, nothing really bad but either great to alright. I tried watching the first episode and by the intermission, I stopped watching.
For one, I didn't really like the style of the series and at the same time did not care about any of the characters but that's possibly due to the confussion that we're basically following the protagonist which just recently died...

And yes, I did read about how everyone mentions that it has a "Haruhi" vibe to the series as well~
Syn13

Return to Anime