Help me scrutinize this Saber Alter maid

Discuss about retail and online stores, as well as auction sellers

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Help me scrutinize this Saber Alter maid

Postby DualSoul » June 17th, 2010, 5:05 pm

Hello fellow forum goers,

Been looking into getting the Alter Saber Alter maid since missing the preorder, and stumbled on this one in auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fate-stay-night-Sab ... 519386d5fc
It's a price I'm willing to pay, and the seller is in Japan, so things are looking up at this point.

However, going through the feedback, this seller has received 11 negatives in the past year, and 2 of those accuse the seller of selling counterfeit/bootleg items. Now, I was always under the assumption that Japan sellers represent a relatively safe, though pricey, option, but is that not the case anymore? Unfortunately, the ad seems to use stock/promotion/company photos, so that's not really a good indication, though I have requested some real photos in the meantime.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has suggestions for alternatives, that'd work as well. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Just realized this may be in the wrong section, so if a mod could help move it, that'd be great.
DualSoul

Re: Help me scrutinize this Saber Alter maid

Postby Nekoarc » June 17th, 2010, 8:51 pm

There aren't any bootleg versions of this saber and Shufflechap doesn't sell bootlegs either. I have a feeling that one person who left feedback saying "fake" didn't know what he was talking about.

There are 2 other sellers selling her a bit cheaper though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Saber-Maid-Fate-hol ... 3a5c015736 - This one is a bid auction ending in 2 days. Apparently she has been opened but is in brand new condition.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hobby-Japan-Fate-ho ... 53e1c5a3b8 - This seller seems to have much better feedback than Shufflechap and also sells legit figures.
Nekoarc

Postby DualSoul » June 18th, 2010, 12:56 am

Ah, thanks for the quick reply! Didn't think there was a bootleg, but was just worried that I'd get one of those pre-painted resins being passed off as the figure. Having looked through those resin auctions though, they're pretty obvious.
DualSoul

Postby Nekoarc » June 18th, 2010, 9:45 am

Oh yeah. That's true about the resin knockoffs but like you said they are very obvious. Those sellers never seem to use PVC stock photos if they are selling the resin ones for some reason.
Nekoarc

Return to Discussions About Stores / Sellers