Problems making Hobby Search order?

Discuss about retail and online stores, as well as auction sellers

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Problems making Hobby Search order?

Postby Ardenor » March 26th, 2010, 10:17 pm

Hello Zero-type forums,

Can anyone who has experience ordering merchandise from Hobby Search comment on a problem I'm having?

For the last few days, I've been completely unable to place any order at Hobby Search. Let me describe what I'm doing:

1. I add an item to my cart
2. I initiate the check out process and log in with my Hobby Search ID and password
3. I enter my payment information, select my shipping option, and press the confirmation button

At this point my order fails. I receive an error message at the top of the page that says:

*** Inter net traffic is heavy now. Please try again later. ***

I contacted Hobby Search and received a fairly prompt reply indicating that they're not experiencing any server issues at this time, and offered that I try placing the order at different times, at different locations, or with different Internet browsers.

I've tried three different computers--two at home, one at work. I tried using a different credit card to place the order. I tried Mozilla Firefox as well as Internet Explorer. I even tried creating a different Hobby Search account to place the order with. In short, nothing I've tried that they suggested has worked.

And the strangest part is I've placed several orders with Hobby Search in the last month and haven't had any issues like this.

So my question is, is anyone else having problems placing orders with Hobby Search lately?
Ardenor
NOOB DOOD!

Re: Problems making Hobby Search order?

Postby Syn13 » March 27th, 2010, 10:53 pm

I haven't ordered from them in a while but I always remember that their form was a pain to fill out mainly due to me forgetting my user name or password....I'm guessing it's just one of those temporary things that happen for a couple of days....

And welcome to the boards.
Syn13

Postby Ardenor » March 29th, 2010, 1:11 pm

Thanks for the response, Syn13.

I tried repeatedly to complete an order over the weekend. I must have tried at least twenty times. Unfortunately, I am still receiving that error message about heavy Internet traffic, even after their scheduled maintenance was completed on Sunday morning.

I'll continue to hold out hope it's just a temporary thing, but I'm considering other vendors at this point. Still, I will let you know if my status changes.

Thanks again.
Ardenor
NOOB DOOD!

Postby Ardenor » April 6th, 2010, 2:09 pm

I am thrilled to report that I found a solution to my problem.

When I first contacted Hobby Search about my problem, they responded suggesting that I try placing the order again at different times, locations, or web browsers. As I mentioned earlier, I was still unable to place the order, even after repeated attempts in different locations. I wasn't really expecting them to follow-up with me beyond that, but much to my surprise, they did. This time, they suggested that what might be happening is my credit card company is blocking the test charge they make prior to committing the order.

So I called my credit card company, explained the circumstances and how I arrived at this point, and sure enough, they were blocking the $0.01 test charge on suspicion of possible fraud. I gave them permission to unblock charges made from that name and now I'm able to once again place orders at Hobby Search.

I was surprised it was my credit card company, since they're usually pretty good at keeping me up-to-date on security-related matters like this. But I'm glad it's resolved. If anyone else experiences problems placing orders at Hobby Search like I did, I suggest checking with your credit card company to verify whether they're blocking the test charge.
Ardenor
NOOB DOOD!

Return to Discussions About Stores / Sellers