Ghost in the Shell 2.0(BD)

All about anime

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Ghost in the Shell 2.0(BD)

Postby Syn13 » December 8th, 2009, 10:46 am

OMG!! The Puppet Master's voice is female???? Wow, that was one of the big surprises I noticed watching 2.0 tonight. Anyway, even though this Blu Ray doesn't include much worth mentioning, 2.0 and the original remastered movie is worth buying for any Ghost in the Shell fans.
2.0 - Beautiful! The entire movie's quality looked like something straight out of this year's hit anime, so crisp and clear showing almost no signs of aging(except for some transitioning parts from the real world to the cyborg interface). The redone CG scenes do go well with the filter they've used making them look in place whenever the camera changes views, one thing about the CG though, it does have a tint of styling that the recent Apple Seed movies had(the water diving scene). About the Puppet Master's voice above, I watched the Manga Distribution's version on VHS back in '95 - '96 and I can't remember how it works but I remember watching the english dubbed version in which the Puppet Master had a male voice(still does when I changed the audio). All the green map scenes are now replaced with a consistent orange color which is easier on the eyes and one of the differences I forgot about until I took a look at the remaster original movie.

Strangely enough, there is no option to choose "Making of Ghost in The Shell: Production Report" in the Bonus features section...no idea why.
Syn13

Re: Ghost in the Shell 2.0(BD)

Postby Arcturus » December 8th, 2009, 7:20 pm

Sounds interesting. I might buy it since I only have a laserdisc of the original. Thanks.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, we have you at T-minus 4 mins and counting.
Shirow One to Tokyo Central we have a problem.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Postby Syn13 » December 9th, 2009, 4:48 am

After watching the bonus features which really didn't offer anything new, I remembered this came out around the same time as Macross Plus, I think it's safe to say what 1995 was the year of emerging CG in anime since GiTS and M+ are both considered animes ahead of their time. I hope Ghost in The Shell 2.0 starts a trend for early anime movies to be redone/remastered for the Blu-Ray media down the line with more features and eye popping effects. The reason why I haven't bought Akira on BD is simply because they haven't done anything extra or new yet because aside from the near perfect transfer to true hi-definition which GiTS has done one over(2.0 and the remastered original movie while features remain lackluster like Akira).
Syn13

Postby Onegai » December 13th, 2009, 11:57 am

I guess when these old things came out there wasn't much need to specifically create extras. Extras only became a standard feature with the advent of the DVD format.
Onegai

Postby jkno » December 13th, 2009, 5:54 pm

I will get this DVD one day, but right now I have other things I'd like to get first
"Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away"

My collection
jkno

Postby Syn13 » December 22nd, 2009, 11:48 pm

I think there could have been countless extras they could have threw in like a soundtrack feature(since it has been re-recorded), original manga snipets and other promo related things with GiTS, SAC and etc...I would have loved to get my hands on the Limited Edition but there's a $150 difference lol!
Syn13

Postby jkno » December 23rd, 2009, 7:44 am

Syn13 wrote:I would have loved to get my hands on the Limited Edition but there's a $150 difference lol!

What does the Limited Edition have more than the regular one?
"Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away"

My collection
jkno

Postby Arcturus » December 31st, 2009, 7:54 pm

Received this as a X'mas gift. Hurrah.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Postby Onegai » January 1st, 2010, 3:40 am

Congrats.
Onegai

Postby Susano » January 2nd, 2010, 12:41 am

jkno wrote:
Syn13 wrote:I would have loved to get my hands on the Limited Edition but there's a $150 difference lol!

What does the Limited Edition have more than the regular one?

As I recall, the LE JP release came with the original version of the movie on BD. I'm not certain what else it came with, if anything.
Susano

Postby Arcturus » January 18th, 2010, 9:04 am

I finally watched 2.0. It is great. Nice also that the original is included.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Return to Anime