FS: Max Factory Mai Shiranui

Buy, Sell and Trade forum.

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

FS: Max Factory Mai Shiranui

Postby dreadpyrat » November 29th, 2009, 12:25 am

Hi all, selling my Max Factory Mai Shiranui statue. It's in mint condition and comes with the original packaging. Box is a little dinged up, with one corner kind of crunched in but the figure itself is perfect. This is the red outfit version identical to the one seen here: http://www.hlj.com/product/MAX04072

If you'd prefer actual pics, please email me and I'll snap some for you. Price is $35 shipped in the CONUS. Thanks!
dreadpyrat

Re: FS: Max Factory Mai Shiranui

Postby dreadpyrat » November 29th, 2009, 8:14 pm

Update: apparently it is a bootleg. I didn't know it when I bought it but want to be upfront with folks. In light of that, I'm asking $25 shipped in the US.
dreadpyrat

Postby cbeley » December 1st, 2009, 12:00 am

dreadpyrat wrote:Update: apparently it is a bootleg. I didn't know it when I bought it but want to be upfront with folks. In light of that, I'm asking $25 shipped in the US.

I highly doubt anyone on these forums will purchase a bootleg no matter how cheap you make it. Anyway, I appreciate that you are upfront about it.
Wooo~ Signature goes here! 42~
cbeley

Postby dreadpyrat » December 1st, 2009, 2:08 am

Thanks for the honesty, cbeley. After I posted that , I thought: wait, why would anyone want to buy a bootleg, even if it's cheap? I'm still stinging from finding out I got swindled on eBay and now I have this reasonable facsimile but ultimately worthless statue.

Hope I haven't offended anyone!
Last edited by dreadpyrat on December 1st, 2009, 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
dreadpyrat

Postby ][CEMAN » December 1st, 2009, 2:25 am

You sure its a bootleg though?
We can confirm it for you or has it been confirmed already?
][CEMAN

Postby dreadpyrat » December 1st, 2009, 5:40 pm

Yeah, another forum member asked for larger pics which I took and sent over....and they called out that the packaging doesnt have the hologram seal and that the figure plastic is very shiny. I feel like a rube for falling for this on eBay! but I'm so new to collecting that I didnt even know there were boots made of figures!
dreadpyrat

Postby Syn13 » December 4th, 2009, 10:36 am

Yea the lack of a sticker and the glossy skin paint are usual signs of bootlegs. It's okay though since it happens to almost everyone that starts out this hobby, the important part is to be more careful the next time. In my case, my one and only time I bought a bootleg was when I started collecting summer of '07 and bought a fake set of the Grimrock Evangelion Asuka and Rei at a convention. I shortly found out here that all of the Grimrock sets have the Wonder Festival sticker on the front, that and neither Rei and Asuka would stand up right.
There's generally a consensus not to buy from most sellers from Hong Kong/China since 95% of the reported bootleggers from eBay are from the region.
Syn13

Postby dreadpyrat » December 4th, 2009, 4:37 pm

That's good to know...I'll definitely be on the lookout for China/Hong Kong sellers from now on!
dreadpyrat

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade