K-On!

All about anime

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

K-On!

Postby Arcturus » April 6th, 2009, 4:27 am

New Spring season series. First episode shown last week.

Supposedly based off a 4 panel comic strip, the series is about four school girls starting a band, who do not know
how to play instruments and read sheet music.

I would say the show is starting off cute looking and has fair animation. So far I am interesting in seeing the next
episodes.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, we have you at T-minus 4 mins and counting.
Shirow One to Tokyo Central we have a problem.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Re: K-On!

Postby xxangelchanxx » June 21st, 2009, 5:47 am

OVERATED AS HELL. D:
Espeacially Mio.
xxangelchanxx

Postby Slaigar » June 23rd, 2009, 6:24 pm

I like it. It gets my moe-fix. Especially Mio :ase:.

I'm hoping it doesn't get boring like Lucky Star. Though, some episodes were borderline. I'll continue to follow it.
Slaigar

Postby Onegai » October 10th, 2009, 12:45 am

K-On is K-CRAP!!!

Waste of animation. How can people be satisfied with such mediocrity?
Onegai

Postby cbeley » October 11th, 2009, 4:44 pm

I don't know....I thought it was cute. The animation was nice and it was a nice little fun series. If I only watched that type of anime over and over again though, I'd probally also be saying its junk, but I try to limit myself on that kind of anime so that when I do decide to watch it I can enjoy it without saying this stinks.
Wooo~ Signature goes here! 42~
cbeley

Postby shinsengumi » October 12th, 2009, 12:17 am

cbeley wrote:I don't know....I thought it was cute. The animation was nice and it was a nice little fun series. If I only watched that type of anime over and over again though, I'd probally also be saying its junk, but I try to limit myself on that kind of anime so that when I do decide to watch it I can enjoy it without saying this stinks.

I really enjoyed the first few episodes. My prima facie opinion was that it was a combination of Lucky Star (which I enjoyed) and the Live Alive episode of Haruhi (which I appreciated). However, the balance between slice of life and music started to shift too heavily towards the former, which made me lose interest halfway through. Of course, it would be unreasonable to expect an entire series animated at Live Alive quality, but I guess I was expecting more.

Don't get me wrong - I can appreciate high school slice of life. However, if it lacks the wit and somewhat self-deprecating humor of Lucky Star or if it is bereft of the quirky charm of Azumanga Daioh, my (limited) time could probably be better spent watching other things.
shinsengumi

Postby Arcturus » October 30th, 2009, 5:29 pm

I've seemed to have acquired a taste for slice of life school drama's. I liked K-On!, but I also liked Hyakko.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, we have you at T-minus 4 mins and counting.
Shirow One to Tokyo Central we have a problem.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Return to Anime