Manga suggestions guys?

All about manga

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Re: Manga suggestions guys?

Postby Syn13 » July 23rd, 2009, 5:11 am

MrDisco wrote:Well it's been a year so I thought I would give this question a bump. Are there any new titles that have caught ZT member's eyes? For me I'm still falling the old stand-bys:

-AMG
-Naruto
-Bleach (when I catch up)
-Gantz
-Negima
-Umi no Misaki (and I thought AYA had docile females!)
-the new one from the creator of Aria (name escapes me at the moment)
-Glass no Megami (H)
-Virgin na Kankei (H)

Any new series to hit the scene that's worth a look?

Reading Gantz, pretty awesome but weird! Hmm, whats new, not much since I haven't been to my comic guy in months! Tried the first volume of Gurren Lagann, very much like the anime with slight differences and 4komas. I'm thinking of Code Geass: Nightmare of Nunaly(SP?), its completely different from the original story I believe even without the Knightmare Frames at all.
Trying to push myself into reading Battle Vixens then selling it off...

Susano wrote:Let's see, I've mostly become a Yen Press fanatic over the past year. It started with Sundome (a very perverted story about a boy obsessed with a girl with some highly suggestive art work) then moved on to their magazine (my favorite is One Fine Day.) I'm currently also getting Pig Bride (manwha with some very pretty art), Bamboo Blade, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (novels and manga), Higurashi, and Zombie Loan (Peach Pit). I also have Pandora Hearts (twisted Alice in Wonderland), Soul Eater, Hero Tales and Nabari no Ou on preorder.

Nice selection there, gonna read some scans if available before buying.

freedom199012 wrote:try reading tokyo akazukin :F

Owww morbid!, must see.

Currently just finishing off some series, a quick overview:
Junk - Good story, typical superhero ending though, something different in a Shonen/Senin genre. Atleast mass production models are actually better than prototypes lol.
Genshiken - Classic otaku series, would have loved it if it went on.
Kamiyadori - Meh story, story really doesn't conclude(heard there's an sequel/prequel out soon), last volume is the best.
King of Thorn - Love all 6 volumes, good pacing and character development(well for the 2 main characters)
Full Metal Panic - Fun series but ending really wasn't an ending lol.
Rose Hip Zero - Again, no real ending but protagonists pass a certain goal of completion, prequel available.
Welcome to N.H.K. - Took him 4 - 5 volumes to realize reality! What?? Funny and disturbing though.

Really good reads:
Blood Alone - Vampire loli lives with her guardian, stuff happens, slice of life/action/mystery genre, art is nice.
Dance in the Vampire Bund - Vampire and Ware wolves exist, Vampires create their own city, stuff happens, relationship between Vampire Princess(loli) and protangonist(teenager), there's a story behind these two so it doesn't seem as disgusting as it seems lol.
Tsukihime - Great!
Gurren Lagann - Love the entire franchise already, so why not.

Okay reads:
Disgaea 2 - Loved the generic characters of 2, art was kinda off.
Alive - Typical Shonen type.
Psycho Busters - look above, similar but psychic powers.
Pumpkin Scissors - No real goal up to vol. 4 at the moment...bit of back story though
Elemental Gelade - I'm taking a liking to these series, nice concept of fighting/mechanics of the world/elements
Fate/Stay Night - Would have been a really good read but the art is soooo different to me that I'm not getting used to it(I guess if it's something from TYPE-MOON, the art has to resemble Kinoko Nasu's style). I wonder if they'll cut the "adult" situation scenes.
Shiki Tsukai - Dunno what to make of it so far lol.
I think that's it...
Syn13

Postby MrDisco » July 24th, 2009, 6:46 pm

freedom199012 wrote:try reading tokyo akazukin :F

In the interest of protecting our members, fair warning this title is definitely for adults!
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby Slaigar » July 25th, 2009, 8:37 am

I just received my a package of manga from Amazon. Still following the regular stuff from DarkHorse:
Appleseed (yay, finally finished it!)
Blade of the Immortal (a staple for anyone who likes samurai stories)
Eden: It's An Endless World (because it's amazing)
Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service (the stories are hit or miss, but overall, I'm liking it)
MPD Psycho (Rereading it certainly makes me understand a bit more of all the crazy stuff that's happening)
Oh My Goddess (ya, I'm hooked)
Vulgar Ghost Daydream / Ghost Talker's Daydream (I've read through the series a long time ago and I'm picking up the new releases to refresh what's happening)

I haven't added anything new on my list for ages... Just don't got the time anymore. Seems I'm just picking up stuff that I've already read (but never finished) when they used to be scanlated.
Slaigar

Postby Arcturus » August 8th, 2009, 4:05 pm

I really like the new manga "Future Diary" by Sakae Esuno. Tokyopop has already release the first two volumes.

The King of TIme and Space has decided to spice things up with a combat to the death. A few select individuals have been drafted into this game.
The diaries they kept now tell the future from their person's diary keeping viewpoint. Naturally the diary keepers are not the average normal person type.

A late comer to Yotsuba&!. I started reading Yotsuba&! after reading the Pretty Neighbor doujin. Great art and nice story interestingly. Hopefully the creator will continue the story and maybe reveal Yotsuba's origin mystery.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, we have you at T-minus 4 mins and counting.
Shirow One to Tokyo Central we have a problem.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Previous

Return to Manga