May Stuff :D

All about doujinshi

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

May Stuff :D

Postby Firestorm ZERO » May 13th, 2009, 12:59 am

Thanks to the suggestions of nat and K2kevn from this thread. I picked up the Toranoana Chronicles, Toranoana Illustrations complete and the Queen's Blade fan books.

IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG

Each book basically has a lot of artists (one page per artist) so a nice variety. Some from many well known doujinshi circles and manga artists and some I don't recognize. Don't expect any hentai (there is some nudity and "adult"). At most though I say borderline ecchi but mainly cute and ecchi art :D.

The Toranoana Chronicles mainly focus on Toranoana's tiger cat mascot in that they cosplay with cat ears and such. But there is also just regular cute art :D.

The Toranoana Illustrations says it is "mobile phone content of the idle screen" so I am guessing it like a splash/loading screen. The majority of it is two pages of the same artist. One with a different look (like colour, pose or costume) of the character. I am assuming it was like a transition from one image to the other (again this is most likely only for mobile japan phones).

The Queen's Blade fan book are obviously of all the characters from the book. The theme seems focus on Christmas and swimsuits (^_^).
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Re: May Stuff :D

Postby nat » May 13th, 2009, 6:59 pm

I bought those too, though my Toranoana Illustrations Complete is still waiting to be shipped with my other COMIC1☆3 stuff. All were really great purchases, and better than a lot of the commercial art books that have been coming out lately. I'd really recommend the Toranoana Chronicles, as there are a lot of famous artists most people would know in each volume, and plenty of art work you otherwise wouldn't get to see unless you purchased a lot of random merchandise.
nat

Postby jkno » May 27th, 2009, 2:22 pm

Queen's Blade, yummy ;)
"Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away"

My collection
jkno

Postby Onegai » May 29th, 2009, 5:49 am

Toranoana Chronicles looks good.
Onegai

Return to Doujinshi