Art Jeunes Exhibits (Tony Fantasy Wind Exhibit, Carnelian..m

All about doujinshi

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Art Jeunes Exhibits (Tony Fantasy Wind Exhibit, Carnelian..m

Postby val » July 20th, 2007, 12:17 am

I was searching around for something, and ended up on Fantasy Wind's site, when I saw a banner for the artist's art exhibit.

It took me here:
http://www.artjeuness.net/

Looking at the page, the first banner that pops up is for Tony, A Shinig Wind Art Exhibit in August 2007.
This is the schedule for Tony:
http://www.artjeuness.net/event/event.php?id=1706
On the left, there's a menu for other artists, which includes other popular artists.

Here's one of the exhibit pages:
http://www.artjeuness.net/event/event_d ... &posi=3529

Seems the exhibits are held at various Art Jeuness locations, like a special art display. I never knew about these exhibits. Anyone know anything more?

I recently saw a special digital collection of Tony's art on a CD at auction. It was from a game maker, and the price shot up high because you couldn't buy the CD but I think you received it from particular stores some time ago. I wonder if it had to do with this company, Art Jeuness.

Speaking of Tony, I made an order with Sega Direct for a limited Shining Wind game set with a big poster (stick size) binder and posters of the characters... I think there are 10 posters, and they fit in the binder like a trading poster binder. The game has one set of posters and the binder, but you have to buy the other 2 sets of posters separately. Although it's way too expensive, it's a nice item for any Tony fan. If anyone is interested, send me a message, and I can get one for you.
val
 
Posts: 2422
Joined: January 2nd, 2006, 2:14 pm
Location: TOKYO 55!

Re: Art Jeunes Exhibits (Tony Fantasy Wind Exhibit, Carnelian..m

Postby K2kevn » July 20th, 2007, 3:12 am

I actually saw that about 3 months ago when i was looking for the Carnelian Art Book III that was advertised in one of the magazines I picked up. It turns out that you could buy that art book at this art show only. Too bad. But you actually had listed it in one of the auctions in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=965

So I guess they can be had via Yahoo auction.

Coincidentally, Murata also has been a featured artist at one of these art shows. I was gonna bring it up to you but I believe you were without an internet connection at the time. They were selling limited edition prints of his. One was old, but the other looked new (the maid one). No price though. You can see them here. But I think Murata's show was back in June so it's over.

http://www.artjeuness.net/artist/murata/index.php

Because of Shining Wind, I've really taken a liking to Tony's art work. He's also selling limited edition prints at his art shows as well. You can see them here:

http://www.artjeuness.net/artist/tony/index.php

I've searched for Tony's art books. The ones that look like the ones to get are the 3 GRAPH books released only in Taiwan. Those looked nice. But I don't see anyone selling them at all. I know he has other ones from his adult PC games, but I'm not really interested in those.

Now I'd be interested in that "special digital collection of Tony's art on a CD" you mentioned. When you say high, how much is high?

BTW, I hope the earthquake/nuclear spillage didn't affect you too much.
User avatar
K2kevn
 
Posts: 198
Joined: September 8th, 2005, 9:20 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Art Jeunes Exhibits (Tony Fantasy Wind Exhibit, Carnelian..m

Postby val » July 20th, 2007, 8:20 am

Actually, there's another event for Carnelian in August 2007:
http://www.artjeuness.net/event/event_d ... &posi=3545

Although the phone number is in Tokyo, the event is in Kyoto... ? I don't see one scheduled for Tokyo either, so perhaps Kyoto was last on the list. That's too bad.

Carnelian's 3rd Art Book is being sold at the event, as well as this lithograph:
http://www.artjeuness.net/topics/index. ... ics_id=717
I'm pretty sure Carnelian's art books release and then the CG collection that you bought follows it... It most likely gets put on disk after the art book sells out.

I think you can actually buy Carnelian's art books at Comiket, as well as related goods, but they're sold by the software company in the company booth area. I know they (the company) put a special package together each year with a calendar, art prints, book, etc. for Carnelian. The books and goods are considered doujin in Japan (like the CG collection) because they're not sold via wholesale to book stores in Japan. However, they are sold by companies, not the artist or circle. It's sort of like Nitro+ art books that you can only buy via Nitro+ or select doujin shops in Japan.

I saw the pages for previous events. The Range Murata event happened a year or so ago. I guess I totally missed that bit of news. Wish I had known about it.

The lithographs shown for Tony were sold at his previous Art Jeuness event. The upcoming event will feature his work from his latest project, Shining Wind game, and the products haven't been finalized yet. I've actually seen some of his lithographs from his previous Art Jeuness show, but I assumed the prints were from an event, like Comiket. However, they must have come from Art Jeuness. One of the prints was amazing. It's not actually included as an image on the page, but it is part of the animated banner on his profile page. It featured a girl in a highly detailed red kimino, and being a lithograph, it's looked original. It also included an original signature from Tony. It was *really* expensive, like more than ¥100,000, but of course, it was being sold by a reseller when I saw it, so not Art Jeuness. Lithographs are typically very expensive in Japan though, so it probably cost around ¥50000 brand new but I don't know that for sure...

I think Tony's digital collection was "h" art, so I don't know if you'll be interested in it, but I will try to find the auction again. If I find it, I'll post a link.
val
 
Posts: 2422
Joined: January 2nd, 2006, 2:14 pm
Location: TOKYO 55!

Re: Art Jeunes Exhibits (Tony Fantasy Wind Exhibit, Carnelian..m

Postby val » July 20th, 2007, 9:14 am

I found some info on the CG Collection...

From Mandarake's "hot" news page for select item(s), recently purchased for re-sale at a particular Mandarake store:
http://www.mandarake.co.jp/information/ ... index.html

"Digital Tony" is released by Hue: ***NSFW *** http://www.hue.co.jp/top.html
The CG collection was a "present" item from Hue. I think you had to buy a game to get it. It includes some older works, as well as new art, desktop accessory, message from Tony, etc.

You can actually buy it now but only as a download, so you don't receive an actual disk. I'm not sure if the download is exactly the same as the CD... It might be slightly different.
NSFW : http://shop.vector.co.jp/service/servle ... index.html
NSFW : http://pro.dlsite.com/work/=/product_id/VJ002014.html

I've only seen it once on Yahoo Japan, and I didn't watch the auction to the end. I guess I didn't bookmark either because I can't find the auction but I recall seeing a few bids on it. It was the original CD though so some collectors prefer that over a download. According to Mandarake's "WTB" page, they're paying 2000 yen per copy (http://www.mandarake.co.jp/information/ ... index.html). That means, they sell it for a minimum of 4000 yen in used condition. That's pretty expensive for a used CG collection that you can download for 1500 yen.

Via Yahoo Japan's web search, you can probably download it for free if you have the patience to figure out the download sites...
http://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?p=Digi ... p_v2&x=wrt

Are you sure Graph was released in Taiwan? I've seen the books, but I thought they were older doujinshi titles. IIRC, they are expensive now because the books are older and hard to find. I think some of the same art may be included on Digital Tony.
val
 
Posts: 2422
Joined: January 2nd, 2006, 2:14 pm
Location: TOKYO 55!

Re: Art Jeunes Exhibits (Tony Fantasy Wind Exhibit, Carnelian..m

Postby val » July 20th, 2007, 9:51 am

K2kevn wrote:BTW, I hope the earthquake/nuclear spillage didn't affect you too much.


Thanks for thinking of me. Fortunately, it was pretty far from us (over 150 miles). It did wake me up though, and it seemed to last much longer than normal but luckily, we only experienced the tremblings. Every 100 years, a major quake has hit Tokyo, and it's been over 100 years since Tokyo last experienced a major earth quake. I just hope I'm in a safe place when it does hit! California is due too but construction has higher standards in America and there's more empty space. A large part of Tokyo is expected to fall & crumble in the next big quake. Ugh, I hope I am far from Japan when it does hit.
val
 
Posts: 2422
Joined: January 2nd, 2006, 2:14 pm
Location: TOKYO 55!

Re: Art Jeunes Exhibits (Tony Fantasy Wind Exhibit, Carnelian..m

Postby ShimizuKyoko » July 20th, 2007, 11:26 am

OO Hey Val :)
Nice to see you here again.

Do you have some pictures of the binder?
I am looking to buy some poster binders(stick size & B2) and it is not easy to find one here.
User avatar
ShimizuKyoko
 
Posts: 102
Joined: June 2nd, 2007, 9:44 am

Re: Art Jeunes Exhibits (Tony Fantasy Wind Exhibit, Carnelian..m

Postby val » July 20th, 2007, 1:16 pm

Hi,

I was referring to the binder/poster collection that comes with this limited set:
http://segadirect.jp/Catalog/CustomPage ... h+&O=S&A=N
Binder is shown here:
http://segadirect.jp/Catalog/CustomPage ... ximage.jpg

It's not sold on its own, and it's actually quite expensive because you have to buy the game, as well as a phone card. The set is limited to Sega's store. There are likely resellers of it and will likely be more resellers once it sells out, but I don't think the price will decrease much because stick poster binders are quite uncommon right now and its a binder of Tony's art.

Stick poster binders are still a pretty new trend in Japan, so I don't know how to get one w/out buying a product that includes a binder already. I know there was a Disgaea binder too but you couldn't buy it on its own. I haven't actually seen any binders sold on their own, so I have no idea where to get a binder on its own. Trading card binders are much easier to find because they're sold in stores but stick poster binders are simply not that common yet. I think they'll be more common though in time because there are so many stick poster collections being released. For example, there's a Queen's Blade stick poster collection currently set to release (http://www.toranoana.jp/mailorder/hob/p ... index.html). They haven't announced a binder but I imagine they'll make one available if the poster collection sells well because it's being sold like trading cards in a blind pack that you must try to collect. I don't know if they'll sell it though or make it a present item.

Hope this helps in some way.
val
 
Posts: 2422
Joined: January 2nd, 2006, 2:14 pm
Location: TOKYO 55!

Re: Art Jeunes Exhibits (Tony Fantasy Wind Exhibit, Carnelian..m

Postby ShimizuKyoko » July 20th, 2007, 2:13 pm

Thanks Val,

I am just looking for some poster binders to keep my posters out of dust.
I just found this one after 30seconds of searching.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/projectcore/68 ... 99/697574/

B2 ポスター専用 コレクションファイル

Nothing useful comes up when I search "binder." I searched for poster file and got a massive results.
Last edited by ShimizuKyoko on July 20th, 2007, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
ShimizuKyoko
 
Posts: 102
Joined: June 2nd, 2007, 9:44 am

Re: Art Jeunes Exhibits (Tony Fantasy Wind Exhibit, Carnelian..m

Postby K2kevn » July 20th, 2007, 6:55 pm

Hi Val,

Well, during my research of Tony's artbooks, everyone says that Graph books were only released in Taiwan. I guess Taiwan gets other compilations of artists according to this guy:

http://www.pireze.org/blog/?p=282

They look nice. And there are downloads of the Graph books ( I would like the original one day). Here are the forewards from the first 2 GRAPH books where Tony is saying hi to the Taiwanese.

Image

Image

So it looks to be pretty rare and no one is selling them! That's a shame.

$500 for a lithograph is a bit much. But I would guess as much since GOFA sells the Murata prints for that much? I'd pay $100 for that Tony litho with the red kimono girl. Very striking. Um, I'll try to get the free download thing during my off week.

Too bad I don't want to play the Shining Wind game because those posters are really nice. So for $100 you get the game and all those posters pictured? This poster thing must have just started because they did the same thing with Fate Stay Night. I missed out on getting the binder for the FSN posters since it was a mail-in only in Japan thing. Too bad.

Need more spending money! Guess my dog gonna have to go on a diet. :wink:
User avatar
K2kevn
 
Posts: 198
Joined: September 8th, 2005, 9:20 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Art Jeunes Exhibits (Tony Fantasy Wind Exhibit, Carnelian..m

Postby val » July 21st, 2007, 12:29 am

ShimizuKyoko wrote:Thanks Val,

I am just looking for some poster binders to keep my posters out of dust.
I just found this one after 30seconds of searching.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/projectcore/68 ... 99/697574/

B2 ポスター専用 コレクションファイル

Nothing useful comes up when I search "binder." I searched for poster file and got a massive results.


That's a file, not a binder, and it's B2 size, which is two B4 art books side-by-side. That's really big. You can find clear files, but I thought you were talking about the "stick" poster binders that have recently become popular in Japan. I don't think anyone is making those yet for general sales. If someone is doing it, it would be Animate, but there would need to be a lot of stick poster collections to justify investing in a product line of binders.

The clear files for large posters are for collectors of movie posters and similary posters. It's a bit different than stick posters & hard binders because stick posters are still a very new trend in Japan.
val
 
Posts: 2422
Joined: January 2nd, 2006, 2:14 pm
Location: TOKYO 55!

Re: Art Jeunes Exhibits (Tony Fantasy Wind Exhibit, Carnelian..m

Postby val » July 21st, 2007, 12:45 am

K2kevn wrote:Hi Val,

Well, during my research of Tony's artbooks, everyone says that Graph books were only released in Taiwan. I guess Taiwan gets other compilations of artists according to this guy:

http://www.pireze.org/blog/?p=282

They look nice. And there are downloads of the Graph books ( I would like the original one day). Here are the forewards from the first 2 GRAPH books where Tony is saying hi to the Taiwanese.

(snip)
So it looks to be pretty rare and no one is selling them! That's a shame.


Wow, I didn't know about the books from Taiwan. We need to find a seller in Taiwan who is honest about cost. I'm sure it's inexpensive in Taiwan. You can buy all 3 books in Japan but it will cost quite a bit of money. Checking Yahoo Japan, there are copies ranging from 8000 yen+.

$500 for a lithograph is a bit much. But I would guess as much since GOFA sells the Murata prints for that much? I'd pay $100 for that Tony litho with the red kimono girl. Very striking. Um, I'll try to get the free download thing during my off week.


Lithographs are always expensive in Japan. Gofa's prints are not lithographs, but based on their prices, you'd think they could provide a lithograph. They use a special printer with more than the average number of colors & details, and then print on special paper. It's not lithograph quality. At least, I don't think a lithograph involves a computer printer.

So for $100 you get the game and all those posters pictured?


You get the 10 posters on top, the game, a binder, and a phone card. It's a good investment for someone living in Japan because Tony's limited items always increase in value.

They also had clear posters (last year's trend) for Tony's last game. One clear poster for each of the figures that released. Those were pretty nice and affordable.

This poster thing must have just started because they did the same thing with Fate Stay Night. I missed out on getting the binder for the FSN posters since it was a mail-in only in Japan thing. Too bad.


Yeah, it's definitely the "in" gift right now, but I don't know how long it can last because the binders are quite big. Imagine collecting one for every series... you'd run out of space pretty fast. Then again, I've never understood the whole sheet thing and didn't think that would last but sheets continue to hit outrageous amounts at auction.. I just don't get it. $500 for a pillow case and sheet. It's a little odd.
val
 
Posts: 2422
Joined: January 2nd, 2006, 2:14 pm
Location: TOKYO 55!

Re: Art Jeunes Exhibits (Tony Fantasy Wind Exhibit, Carnelian..m

Postby ShimizuKyoko » July 21st, 2007, 2:03 am

val wrote:
ShimizuKyoko wrote:Thanks Val,

I am just looking for some poster binders to keep my posters out of dust.
I just found this one after 30seconds of searching.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/projectcore/68 ... 99/697574/

B2 ポスター専用 コレクションファイル

Nothing useful comes up when I search "binder." I searched for poster file and got a massive results.


That's a file, not a binder, and it's B2 size, which is two B4 art books side-by-side. That's really big. You can find clear files, but I thought you were talking about the "stick" poster binders that have recently become popular in Japan. I don't think anyone is making those yet for general sales. If someone is doing it, it would be Animate, but there would need to be a lot of stick poster collections to justify investing in a product line of binders.

The clear files for large posters are for collectors of movie posters and similary posters. It's a bit different than stick posters & hard binders because stick posters are still a very new trend in Japan.


I was talking about both. You're right. B2 is still the mainstream. I love collecting phone cards and posters that come with the games I preorder at stores like Messesanoh, sofmap, SG, and gamers. >_<
The stick poster binder included with the game looks pretty good. I am surprised this is not sold out yet.
User avatar
ShimizuKyoko
 
Posts: 102
Joined: June 2nd, 2007, 9:44 am

Re: Art Jeunes Exhibits (Tony Fantasy Wind Exhibit, Carnelian..m

Postby val » July 21st, 2007, 6:19 am

I apologize because I assumed you were referring to a character related stick poster binder but reading your message again, I understand that you just want a way to store posters.

You don't need to buy "storage" files from Japan. Quick search of Google, and I found this:
http://www.discountart.com/store/art-portfolio.html

You should be able to find pocket sheet files in art stores. You will pay too much for one in Japan, and it will be thinner & lower quality than other markets. Plus, the files would be far too expensive to ship from Japan. For Japan's price w/shipping to the USA, you could probably get one made with leather in America. You just got to look around. It's likely already imported for a lower price or already made by a domestic company.
val
 
Posts: 2422
Joined: January 2nd, 2006, 2:14 pm
Location: TOKYO 55!


Return to Doujinshi

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron