Yotsuba!

All about manga

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Yotsuba!

Postby BennyFuentes » May 12th, 2006, 11:16 pm

I was wondering if there are any Yotsuba&! fans around here, and wanted to ask if somebody knows if volume 4 is going to be released in the U.S. soon since last vol. released on October last year, in Spain vol. 4 is already in stores and vol. 5 will be out in a couple of months, I´m just hoping the manga wasn´t cancelled in the U.S. because I don´t like to mix editions from different countries.
BennyFuentes

Postby MrDisco » May 12th, 2006, 11:32 pm

yes i'm a big fan. i have not heard of any news on vol.4 or any possibility of them cancelling it.
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby BennyFuentes » May 13th, 2006, 3:13 am

This is the cover from volume 4 of the spanish edition so I guess this is going to be also for the american edition, that´s if there are still plans of keep publishing it (the covers for the first three volumes are the same as the american edition)

http://www.norma-ed.es/libros_img/01227000401_g.jpg
BennyFuentes

Postby BennyFuentes » May 28th, 2007, 4:13 am

woah, it´s been a year since I posted this over here, and I´m returning with good news for every Yotsuba fan around here ! I´ve just read that ADV Manga is going to release the next volumes of the series starting next June 30th with Volume 4, it´s been almost two years since it got cancelled, it´s really weird that ADV is going to publish the new volumes after a long time.
BennyFuentes

Postby MrDisco » May 28th, 2007, 4:55 am

MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby Deibi Manabu » May 28th, 2007, 6:12 am

Good news for those who needed to wait. I already had the Japanese 1-4, and still am lagging behind for the 5-6 ones...
Deibi Manabu

Postby BennyFuentes » May 28th, 2007, 2:39 pm

I already have issues 4-6 but the spanish version and the edition is really terrible, bad printing quality and bad translation (spanish from spain, not mexico), but since I already have the first three issues in english I´ll definetly be getting the ADV releases.

I remember when I bought the first issue of Yotsuba two years and a half ago, I was on a vacation trip in Vegas an found the first volume at Virgin Store, I got it just out of curiosity since I was already a fan of Azumanga Daioh, I got hooked on it after reading the first chapter and since then it´s one of those manga I read over and over again without getting bored.
BennyFuentes

Postby bleuster » June 11th, 2007, 9:01 am

Oh man, my absolute favorite manga. I was gaga for Azumanga, too. I love Azuma's style. Simple, yet not redundant

Yeah, it's about friggin' time we're seeing ADV release vol 4. Gunslinger Girl too. Sucks how they're treating these awesome series

Anyway, I go to another forum that already translate each chapter, like, days after it's release in Denki Daioh.
bleuster

Postby BennyFuentes » June 11th, 2007, 2:38 pm

bleuster wrote:Anyway, I go to another forum that already translate each chapter, like, days after it's release in Denki Daioh.

I also follow scanlations but only of series that are still not licensed, I´d rather buy them and support the companies so they can bring more series, although ADV was forcing me to get the scanlations of Yotsuba, lol, good thing they´re bringing the manga back to shelves.
BennyFuentes

Postby bleuster » June 12th, 2007, 8:11 am

Yeah, I'll probably buy it to show support to Azuma, but have you've seen how ADV has treated it?

Just look at Vol. 3. How can you make that many mistakes in a span of a few pages. They even got characters mixed up

You'd think they would pay more attention to a series that has potential as much as it's predecessor
bleuster

Postby MrDisco » June 12th, 2007, 8:50 pm

translation issues in american release manga is a big pet peeve of mine. i hold my most contempt to DH and their handling of OMG. i'll come out and say i think there are some scanlators out there that do an amazing job (but of course i can't condone not supporting the artist so for the titles i enjoy i do give in and end up buying a copy).
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Return to Manga