Hatsukoi Limited [mini-review]

All about manga

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Hatsukoi Limited [mini-review]

Postby MrDisco » October 7th, 2009, 2:09 am

Hatsukoi Limited is the follow up to the popular series Ichicgo 100% by Mizuki Kawashita. From wiki: "Hatsukoi Limited is a Japanese shōnen romantic comedy manga by Mizuki Kawashita. It was serialized by Shueisha in the manga magazine Weekly Shōnen Jump from October 2007 to May 2008 and collected in four bound volumes. The series depicts vignettes in the love lives of eight girls in middle school and high school. Each chapter focuses on a different main character. These stories are intertwined and eventually lead to a main story involving most of the cast."

At four volumes this is a pretty short series to burn through. If you've read Boys Be then you've read Hatsukoi LImited. HL is not very good as the plot is highly superficial with predictable characters. It's a shame because I love Kawashita's drawing style. She definitely knows how to draw womenly curves.
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Re: Hatsukoi Limited [mini-review]

Postby Firestorm ZERO » October 7th, 2009, 7:08 pm

Mizuki is one of my favourite artists :D She definitely know how to draw bodies and as well clothing :D.

I liked Hatsukoi Limted (watched the anime and read the manga version). The story was too short IMO that there was limited character development. But it is nice to just watch an episode without really needing to continue by follow the next.

Also check out her latest on-going manga Ane Doki.
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Postby MrDisco » October 7th, 2009, 7:31 pm

Firestorm ZERO wrote:Mizuki is one of my favourite artist :D She definitely know how to draw bodies and as well clothing :D.

anyone know if she has an artbook? i would snap that up for sure.

I liked Hatsukoi Limted (watched the anime and read the manga version). The story was too short IMO that there was limited character development.

I haven't watched the anime yet. the manga wasn't terrible, but it was just waaaay too short. She could have easily stretched out the cliches plot points into 10 or 13 volumes.

Also check out her latest on-going manga Ane Doki.

Yep just starting chapter 3 tonight. I'm iffy on how that one will turn out based on the younge age of the male lead.
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby Firestorm ZERO » October 7th, 2009, 7:56 pm

As far as I am aware of, no art book.

The anime follows the manga exactly IIRC. So each episode is one character. It would of been nice to stretch the whole story occur for a school year like typical school life animes.
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Return to Manga