Air Gear

All about manga

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Air Gear

Postby Syn13 » July 11th, 2009, 10:25 pm

Well I've had nothing to do in my commutes so I decided to open up my unopened volumes of Air Gear to read. Its been a while since I last read the manga(online) and I was up to chapter 168. Its actually a nice read from the start again, I love how Del Rey really doesn't censor anything in the series except for volume's 2 cover where they actually gave Simca tights/pants instead of her short shorts.
Unlike Tenjho Tenge, the series actually have more bigger sized figures but unfortunately, where are the limited edition stuff in Japan(Tenjho Tenge volume 9 & 12)?

Would have bought Tenjho Tenge but CMX pretty much butchered the series...much like how Ikki Tousen is pretty much butchered in translations(not much censored but I can't make out anything that they're saying because it's loaded up with so much slang).
Syn13

Re: Air Gear

Postby Susano » July 15th, 2009, 1:27 am

I believe there were Pinky figures released with some of the JP volumes. At least one volume also had a set of can badges.

I must admit the series never really connected with me. And after I finally caught up with Ten ten, I'm disgusted I bought the last few volumes. The art work is just horrendous with poor representations of anatomy that would put Liefeld to shame. I've gone back to a couple of older series, but I think I'd have to be paid to bother with any of Oh Great's new works.
Susano

Postby Arcturus » August 8th, 2009, 3:50 pm

Have wondered about Air Gear, since they have two types of anime for sale. Never gave much thought about the manga. Is the manga that good, with no censorship?
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, we have you at T-minus 4 mins and counting.
Shirow One to Tokyo Central we have a problem.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Postby Susano » August 9th, 2009, 4:02 pm

The manga has not been censored in the US. The only change made was to the cover of volume two where they put chaps on the character instead of leaving her with the thong. Del Rey did include the original cover inside the book. Sadly, if I recall correctly, the cover edit was made thanks to Borders complaining to them.
Susano

Return to Manga