Syn's collection VER.2.0.1. -EVERYTHING ON PAGE 1-

All about figures, statues and models

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Re: Syn's collection VER.2.0.1. -EVERYTHING ON PAGE 1-

Postby jkno » November 7th, 2009, 12:33 pm

Onegai wrote:
jkno wrote:I like that Cammy! Anyone here got the Sideshow 1:4 Cammy statues?

No. I want it's but too expensive for me at the moment. :( I DO have the Morrigan from that series though. General opinion here was negative, but it's really quite nice in person. I love it! :)

Cammy 1:4 looks cool and there are 2 version because of the exclusive.
"Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away"

My collection
jkno

Postby Syn13 » November 9th, 2009, 7:31 am

Oh man, the Side Show Cammy is one of those "I wish" statues because I know I'll never get one just like the 1/4 Volks pre-painted Excellen Browning in Bunny Suit ver!!

Hoping a company will do a Juri figure from Super Street Fighter IV, not much is known about her except that she is clearly evil but to me, she's like Black Rock Shooter x Street Fighter~
Syn13

Postby Syn13 » December 23rd, 2009, 12:21 am

FINALLY! MEGAHOUSE SHERYL NOME: CONCERT VER.
I love this figure but I had a hell of a time trying to take the protective plastic off under her costume, it's as complicated as the Queen's Blade figures but I'm very very satisfied with the end product but there's a alot of work to change her into the her simple suspenders costume being that there are 7 pieces to her costume...4 sleeves(arms and legs), upper and lower half of the her jacket and her hat.

Actually make it eight since there are two different mics for her respective forms.

Sheryl from the beginning of Macross Frontier with Final episode Sheryl~
Syn13

Postby BigPfeiffer » December 23rd, 2009, 12:24 am

That's a very very nice looking Sheryl. :) The best one to date I'd say.
BigPfeiffer
Site Sponser

Postby Syn13 » December 23rd, 2009, 11:44 pm

Indeed, can't doubt Megahouse now for their figures because I had a bad experience with my first Megahouse when I was starting out. My Simca gave me losta problems haha!
I have to say that this sheryl makes my top 10 favs~
Syn13

Postby Onegai » December 24th, 2009, 1:57 am

MEGAHOUSE are generally very good. What I like about them is they often choose to produce characters that are slightly different from the norm.

Great Sheryl btw! Somehow that outfit always makes me think of Fullmetal Alchemist.
Onegai

Postby Syn13 » March 12th, 2010, 12:12 am

Megahouse is awesome, Sheryl probably reminds of you of FMA because of all the blue~
Here's my 1,400 yen Megahouse Ibuki:
Thank god she wasn't made taller!! Only about 3mm of clearance from the top of the next shelf!!
Other that have arrived for me, I'm actually jealous of my brother because two of the stuff that came for him were originally my orders from Mark lol!
Sega Nia(s), beach and maid version and Movic Mio:
ImageImage
Figma Aegis and Bandai Sheryl Nome(Emotion Style):
ImageImage
Sheryl seems to have a certain leer on her face...
Syn13

Postby Onegai » March 13th, 2010, 1:45 am

How did you get Ibuki for 1,400? Nice choice I might add. ;)
Onegai

Postby Syn13 » March 13th, 2010, 2:50 am

Not sure about the auction description but it was opened but the seller's auction had ended 4 times and no one has bought it, I decided to take the risk and bid a little more because of the first auction I bid on was another one for 1,800 yen. I was outbid by 100 yen because I got cheap~
Syn13

Postby Onegai » March 13th, 2010, 12:34 pm

A character not made often and executed well such as this is money well spent IMO!
I have a great fondness for athletically built characters. :mrgreen:
Onegai

Postby Syn13 » March 14th, 2010, 12:24 am

Indeed and I'm very picky about SF characters as well. I wasn't a big R.Mika fan but I had to get Ibuki since her costume didn't look like the average Ninja~
Megahouse got her right as well, instead of giving her a boring base, they decided to do something that fits her character and the kunai were a fitting touch for her.
Syn13

Postby Syn13 » May 16th, 2010, 3:51 am

After basically a month of waiting and frustration, I finally got my EBcraft Selvaria Bles from Toyslogic! I think I got so frustrated that they used UPS next day priority and sent me a confirmation email later that night.
Was at a SSFIV casuals at Heroes World and saw Revoltech Echidna for cheap so I picked her up:
Interesting change in direction Kaiyodo has gone towards their QB line-up...
Syn13

Postby Syn13 » June 1st, 2010, 11:19 pm

Came back with only 4 things from Anime North which is quite sad really:
Kuji Ichiban Silver Prize Shery Nome - Black Bunny and Cowboy version:
ImageImage
Wow damn, they're HUEG! Sizes of Nendoroids!

Kotobukiya Super Robot Wars Person-Lichkeit and Rein Weiss Ritter:
ImageImage
I haven't had the chance to pre-build the Rein Weiss Ritter yet but there's the box + Weiss Ritter~
Syn13

Postby Onegai » June 3rd, 2010, 8:45 pm

How do you make your models?
Onegai

Postby Syn13 » June 18th, 2010, 4:17 pm

Building the models isn't the hard part, it's the painting which I haven't done because I have absolutely no faith in doing a good job on. I have a Yoko resin kit(as many still remember) that could possibly go into the painting stage but I haven't had the confidence to set up a spray booth and etc...
There are different difficulties in building kits.
1. Straight build:
This just mean doing the bare minimum, cut the pieces out of the trees, trim the excess plastic off and put together. There are added things you can do as well to make the kit looks more "detailed" and that's panel lining with a Gundam Marker or a thin ink pen.
2. Advanced fix/build:
This is similar to the above process but instead of just leaving the kit as is with the seam lines(often evident from two pieces combined), people use the type of glue that melts/melds the two pieces together then sand them down. I don't remember the steps afterwards but it does involve touch up paint or really fine sanding.
3. All out build:
This means pre-building, test fit, putty, sand, prime, paint and clear coat. I've been working on some Master Grade kits and the good thing about them is that I can use Tamiya spray can paints because the kits usually come with a semi-internal skeleton making the skeleton easy to spray black while the exterior panels/armor are almost all separate which again is easier because there is less detail parts to paint(thus using a spray can).
4. Custom Kit Bash
Total custom work combining kit parts or creation from crafter's materials, something I've always been impressed by but too scared to look into.

That's pretty much it, it's a fun hobby to just do straight builds especially if you love robots~

Small updates that I haven't added ever since:
All from Mark, Nendoroid Luka, Sega mini diorama Luka and Kaiyodo Chromosome XX Areal and not in the picture, some Kuji Ichiban Macross Frontier sport towels.
Lilics Nasca(got it from a local member here, awesome deal I love her!), Kuji Ichiban Sheryl Nome White Bunny ver.(thanks to SAL, it was roughly 2 weeks) and S.I.C. Kamen Rider IXA(perhaps one of my favorite Heisei Rider).
Syn13

PreviousNext

Return to Figures / Statues / Models