Slaigar's Figures!

All about figures, statues and models

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Slaigar's Figures!

Postby Slaigar » September 6th, 2007, 5:50 am

I have only been collecting for a short while and I have really been enjoying it. My main source to pick stuff up has been eBay but that is slowly changing over to HLJ as that is where my preorders are being set.

I'm using a cheap Sony camera which I have absolutely no idea really how to use. So the quality is going to be hit & miss. I'm getting a headache trying to get the zoom to focus properly.

Shoved all of them together for a group photo. Starting from the left to the right:
The Family.jpg

Saika Farnesse [ALTER]
Motoko Kusanagi 2nd Gig [ALTER x VICE]
Seras Victoria SIF [Yamato]
Seras Victoria SIF repaint [Yamato]
Ryomou Shimei [Wani Books]
Sonsaku Hakufu [Wani Books]
Ignis [ALTER]

Box Front 1.jpg

Fate/Zero Saber & Irisviel WF exclusive [ALTER]
[edit: changed the photo]
Irisviel goes down as my new favourite with that outfit. It looks great in the box so I probably won't be opening this one.

Close-ups coming soon...
Spoiler:
whenever I learn how to use this stupid camera
Last edited by Slaigar on September 6th, 2007, 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slaigar

Re: Slaigar's Figures!

Postby shawn » September 6th, 2007, 6:10 am

OMGGGGGGG!!!! Wh..whh...whhh.... whhhhere did you get the WF exclusive of Fate/Zero figures? Saber looks sooooo good. :lovely:
屁をひって尻窄め
shawn

Location: Latitude 50° 48' 5'' North Longitude 1° 4' 35'' West

Postby Slaigar » September 6th, 2007, 6:31 am

shawn wrote:OMGGGGGGG!!!! Wh..whh...whhh.... whhhhere did you get the WF exclusive of Fate/Zero figures? Saber looks sooooo good. :lovely:

Ever since I saw the photos of what Alter was going to release at WonderFest, I have been checking eBay a hundred times a day until someone was posted one. Definitely wasn't cheap, but well worth it. I can't get a good photo of it as I all I get is a massive reflection from the flash (without the flash it is too dark to see detail).
Slaigar

Postby valho » September 6th, 2007, 7:01 am

Sweet Alter Saber and Irisviel WF exclusive, it's just too expensive for me to get one now
valho

Postby shawn » September 6th, 2007, 7:18 am

Psst... Slaigar, so exactly how much did you pay for them on eBay, assuming that's where you got it?
屁をひって尻窄め
shawn

Location: Latitude 50° 48' 5'' North Longitude 1° 4' 35'' West

Postby Slaigar » September 6th, 2007, 7:50 am

$65USD for the figure + $30USD for shipping = ~$95 (~$100CAD). No regrets there and I love it to death. My rational to my wallet is that it was cheaper than flying to Japan and attending WonderFest.

Those photos are as good as it will get until I get a new camera and also remove them out of the box. The surrounding plastic distorts it too much.
Attachments
Box Back.jpg
Fate Zero Saber.jpg
Fate Zero Irisviel.jpg
Slaigar

Postby Speedycat » September 6th, 2007, 3:46 pm

Nice collection. You might want to keep an eye on Motoko. Mine started to bend forward after a few weeks and I had to put her away. ;_;
Speedycat

Postby popeyeculture » September 7th, 2007, 4:35 am

Whoa nice one Slaigar, the Saber is one thing but the Ilya looks awesome... I love how she looks so mature, what's up with that??
I see you have Saika, I can't wait to get mine...
I just got that Ignis too, I love it. Unfortunately my figure collecting spree will have to come to a grinding halt until I can get a new job now that school is back in next week :P

Will you ever take the WF exclusive Saber and Ilya out of their box though? Don't mean to pressure you but I would kill to see some pictures of them from different angles :P
popeyeculture

Postby Solon » September 7th, 2007, 5:11 am

popeyeculture wrote:Whoa nice one Slaigar, the Saber is one thing but the Ilya looks awesome... I love how she looks so mature, what's up with that??
I just got that Ignis too, I love it. Unfortunately my figure collecting spree will have to come to a grinding halt until I can get a new job now that school is back in next week :P

Will you ever take the WF exclusive Saber and Ilya out of their box though? Don't mean to pressure you but I would kill to see some pictures of them from different angles :P

That isn't Ilya....
It is Irisviel, her mother...And that is all I can say without giving out massive spoilers
-blank-
Solon

Postby Slaigar » September 7th, 2007, 7:57 pm

Speedycat wrote:Nice collection. You might want to keep an eye on Motoko. Mine started to bend forward after a few weeks and I had to put her away. ;_;

Thanks for the heads up. None of my figures get exposure to anything extreme, so Motoko should be OK for awhile.

popeyeculture wrote:Whoa nice one Slaigar, the Saber is one thing but the Ilya looks awesome... I love how she looks so mature, what's up with that??

Hehe, we really are collecting most of the same stuff. The Ignis by Alter is definitely my favourite when compared to the Ignis figures done by other companies. I know how that grinding halt feels, my last batch for the summer just came in, so that is it for awhile until my preorders come in. It saddens me not to get anymore stuff in the mail, hehe. Ah well, atleast I get to eat while I have classes.
If I can find a good place to put the Fate/Zero figures (my case is getting full), I will open it. The temptation to crack it open haunts me everyday.

A few new arrivals:
Arcueid front.jpg

Arcueid Brunestud by Alter
I've been waiting for this one for awhile. The paintjob is simple but the pose makes up for it. The dress is also removeable, but her under garments isn't very sexy (kind of expected).

Rei BMX front.jpg

Rei BMX side.jpg

Ayanami Rei BMX Trick by Kotobukiya
It looks so cute. There is just something about this figure that always makes me smile when I see it. Quite small (1/12 scale), so it stands around 15cm tall. This is my first Kotobukiya figure and I am impressed.

Peeking through the background is Nagi death cloth and Hikaru death cloth by Alter.
Slaigar

Postby Solon » September 8th, 2007, 1:58 am

Wow...you have a nice collection as well. The WF Fate/Zero figures are really nice as well even though saber looks like she's from the matrix...
-blank-
Solon

Postby Slaigar » September 23rd, 2007, 3:27 am

I also have Kanu Uncho White Gothic Lolita but I no longer have a camera (my sis has it once again). These last photos were taken last week but I was too lazy to load them up.
Hikaru Front.jpg

Hikaru Death Cloth [ALTER]

Nagi Front.jpg

Nagi Death Cloth [ALTER]
Slaigar

Postby popeyeculture » September 27th, 2007, 2:39 am

Solon wrote:That isn't Ilya....
It is Irisviel, her mother...And that is all I can say without giving out massive spoilers

Cool, I hope they make a sequel to FSN of some kind...
popeyeculture

Postby Slaigar » October 9th, 2007, 5:28 am

In anticipation for my preorders, I built a new case. Did something different this time and made a middle shelf with it. It can't hold much but it should last me for the next season.
new shelf.jpg

Also since I have more room, I opened the Fate Zero box and put those two in there and took a few more photos. They are absolutely gorgeous.
afzirisviel001.jpg

afzsaber001.jpg

[edit: changed FZ photos for nicer ones :aka: ]
Last edited by Slaigar on December 15th, 2007, 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slaigar

Postby DSJFX18 » October 11th, 2007, 1:40 am

Ah I really wanted that Irisviel.....
DSJFX18

Next

Return to Figures / Statues / Models