Slaigar's Figures!

All about figures, statues and models

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Re: Slaigar's Figures!

Postby cbeley » May 17th, 2008, 3:39 am

Ohh, I especially like the gondalas and alecia. Too bad I probably won't be getting them though :S thanks for the pictures though, I diden't know those actually existed. ^^
Wooo~ Signature goes here! 42~
cbeley

Postby Slaigar » May 17th, 2008, 4:12 am

I'm glad everyone liked the cuteness :aka: . Sadly, that I have nothing else coming up that will keep this theme, hehe.

Cbeley, Alicia is the cutest with her twin tails. It has to be one of my favourites for expression. The price for it all ($60-70 for a complete set) isn't justifiable (except by collectors that is, haha). Suckers like me are bound to keep buying these. I'm glad I could share the photos with you.
Slaigar

Postby Nekoarc » May 17th, 2008, 6:14 pm

Slaigar wrote:[ALTER] Melty Blood Pretty Collection (...again)
a-meltybloodprettycollection.jpg

I promise, that's the last photo that has been re-taken.

ACK! How adorable! :waai:
Nekoarc

Postby Slaigar » June 6th, 2008, 7:19 am

[ALTER] Kanu Uncho
This is a Hobby Japan exclusive that was limited to a release of 700. Luckily, I managed to get one off eBay. Even luckier, it didn't cost $300 like the other auctions.
I liker her, she contrasts nice with the White Gothic Lolita Kanu from GSC. The sculpt and paintjob are what you expect from Alter. The only thing that comes off her is her skirt, which is fine by me. My complaint is the base; it's a clear blue piece of plastic that looks like a tupperware lid. They could have at least put a design on it or make it look less cheap. Regardless, it's a Kanu worth grabbing if you don't already have a figure of her.
a-kanuuncho000.jpg
Slaigar

Postby Onegai » June 7th, 2008, 6:57 am

Ooh very nice! I love the dark colour!
Onegai

Postby Slaigar » June 8th, 2008, 7:30 am

Onegai wrote:Ooh very nice! I love the dark colour!

Thank you!

Here's one that is pretty much untweaked, so it is easier to see and truer to the original colours:
a-kanuuncho001.JPG

The uniform is something in-between a black and a grey.

And Black Kanu appearing out of the shadows:
a-kanuuncho002.JPG

Well, that's it until Chouun Shiryu or Lily Salvatana get released (July or longer :oioi:)
Slaigar

Postby ai-chan » June 9th, 2008, 5:36 am

Ooo! Looks cool!! I received the regular version yesterday.

Alter has done a wonderful job with this figure. I was foxed for a moment when I opened the box, with the window box it looked like a 1/7 scale figure.
ai-chan

Postby DiStudios » June 9th, 2008, 10:11 am

Really nice photos & collection,

I really like the colouration on the Black Kanu, I opted for the standard white edition purely due to the costing of your one. But after looking at the paint job I just might have to get this version as it would be a nice contrast.

Will you be getting the Armoured Kanu later this summer? :)
DiStudios

Postby MakubeX » June 9th, 2008, 7:47 pm

I had no idea there was an exclusive variant of the Alter Kanu. Nice acquisition and great pics!
MakubeX

Postby Slaigar » June 9th, 2008, 8:58 pm

ai-chan wrote:I was foxed for a moment when I opened the box, with the window box it looked like a 1/7 scale figure.

My sentiments exactly. She is the same height as my [Alter] Arcueid, yet she looks like a towering amazon. It must be those robust legs that give that effect.

DiStudios wrote:Really nice photos & collection,

I really like the colouration on the Black Kanu, I opted for the standard white edition purely due to the costing of your one. But after looking at the paint job I just might have to get this version as it would be a nice contrast.

Will you be getting the Armoured Kanu later this summer? :)

Thank you. Yeah, the price is just insane for this figure right now. Honestly, it's not worth $300, so hopefully the price will drop down when no one buys it. Mine was only a 1/3 of that price because I found an auction that was unchallenged (each day I was sweating bullets hoping no one would bid on it).
I'll be opting out on the Armoured Kanu. I'm a broke ass student who really shouldn't be spending money on figures, haha. So I narrow my spending (well, at least trying) by just buying figures made by Alter, with priorities being placed on exclusives/limited editions.

MakubeX wrote:I had no idea there was an exclusive variant of the Alter Kanu. Nice acquisition and great pics!

Thanks, MakubeX
Slaigar

Postby Slaigar » June 12th, 2008, 2:21 am

A new format:
Motokoprof800sig.jpg

Just playing with new ways of present my photos. Yay/Nay? It takes a lot more work than usual. However, I liked the idea of being able to display a back, front, and closeup all in one image. This is just an experiment but I hope to continue towards this method. I just got to find a sig that I can settle with.
Slaigar

Postby Onegai » June 15th, 2008, 12:04 pm

That format actually works quite nicely . It allows you to take in the 3D aspect when appreciating the figure.
Onegai

Postby Slaigar » July 11th, 2008, 7:51 am

Onegai wrote:That format actually works quite nicely . It allows you to take in the 3D aspect when appreciating the figure.

Thank you. That's exactly what I wanted to hear :aka: .

I invested in a tripod and it has been making my life a whole lot easier. It was for night photography but it will be very handy for figures as well. No more worrying about long shutter speeds and positions that hurt my lower back! And I can move towards a more standardized method.

Also, seven more days until Chouun Shiryu and Lily Salvatana get released :bawa:
Slaigar

Postby Slaigar » August 7th, 2008, 6:40 am

[Alter] Chouun Shiryu arrived through SAL yesterday. It looks great and I love it. Actually, I like it a bit more than my Kanu. If you are an Ikki Tousen fan, it is worth getting.

The first two photos are closer to their natural colours:
Chouunshiryu1.jpg
Chouunshiryu2.jpg

And tweaked:
Chouunshiryu3.jpg

That's it for another month.
Slaigar

Postby ai-chan » August 7th, 2008, 6:55 am

Chouun is looking great!!! Alter has done a great job.

Can't wait to get mine :D
ai-chan

PreviousNext

Return to Figures / Statues / Models