Poor Hacked up Hakufu

All about figures, statues and models

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Poor Hacked up Hakufu

Postby Nekoarc » May 5th, 2010, 11:37 pm

I had gotten this Wani Books Hakufu figure with a group of other figures. The poor thing had so many problems. She was missing her base & weapon, had hot glue all over her legs & the peg for her original base had been cut off making her foot all rough.

I decided that I would refuse to just let her be a hunk of garbage and spent today fixing her up ^_^ I bought her an unfinished wood base which I painted black & attached her using steel & brass rods which I cut to the correct length. I sanded down and drilled into her foot so the steel rod would fit in. The back of her dress is resting on the brass rod (with a little glue for extra support). I then made her a new weapon using more of the brass rod and a PVC blade from an old broken up bootleg Kanu figure. She's not perfect but I think she looks pretty great considering :aka:

Nekoarc

Re: Poor Hacked up Hakufu

Postby Slaigar » May 6th, 2010, 2:56 pm

Great job fixing her up! I'm sure she'll be happy in her new home :aka:
Slaigar

Postby Syn13 » May 6th, 2010, 11:10 pm

"hot glue"
:D
Nah she looks great, my brother has the same figure and I can barely tell that there's a difference between the two except for her weapon maybe but I can't remember clearly if it's the blue staff type.

She must be more sturdier than my brothers because he has complained about the supports being wobbly, not sure if this one has the magnet inside or not as well.
Syn13

Postby Nekoarc » May 7th, 2010, 2:07 am

Syn13 wrote:"hot glue" :D

Lol! Ew :biglaugh:

She is pretty sturdy the way she is now. I can imagine with her original base it might not be so much. Plus I actually think the black base looks way better than her original white one. Some companies get so lazy with their bases!

This is probably one of my favorite Hakufu figures out there so I am really glad I could fix her.
Nekoarc

Postby Syn13 » May 16th, 2010, 3:39 am

Indeed, I think Megahouse is guilty of the generic clear bases they use all the time, only thing that makes the bases different are they most of them are printed with the character's series of origin in it.
Your base makes it looks more garage kit-like ;)
Syn13

Return to Figures / Statues / Models