oroboru's little harem (lots of pictures)

All about figures, statues and models

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

oroboru's little harem (lots of pictures)

Postby oroboru » August 14th, 2008, 2:54 am

Realized that I had an account here, and hadn't actually posted anything... stupid me. Well what better way to get my feet wet than to display my collection to people who have an appreciation for the same things I collect... well at least one of the many things I collect. I'm not entirely certain people here are interested in my Sentai collection... :P Well without further ado, lets get started!!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
I apologize in advance for the size of the following pictures; Photobucket isn't quite as friendly when it comes to resizing as Flickr is:
These are most of my more interesting pieces; there are still a few more I didn't bother posting (Gashapon and smaller Bome figure).

For those interested in my rants about these figures: http://oroboru.spaces.live.com

Happy viewing!
Plastic... cool, sterile, and oh so pretty!
oroboru

Re: oroboru's little harem (lots of pictures)

Postby Slaigar » August 14th, 2008, 4:27 am

Nice! Quite a lot of variety in the figures you keep.

I love the KOS-MOS ver. 4 but I resisted the urge to buy it because I never played Xenosaga yet. And every time I see it, I keep thinking I should have just picked it up anyways.
Slaigar

Postby Ogre AN-21 » August 14th, 2008, 5:32 am

Slaigar wrote:Nice! Quite a lot of variety in the figures you keep.

I love the KOS-MOS ver. 4 but I resisted the urge to buy it because I never played Xenosaga yet. And every time I see it, I keep thinking I should have just picked it up anyways.

Just pick her up, you won't regret it but maybe your wallet will. She's a great character. Easily one of my favorites. I'm very happy with my ver. 1 and ver. 4 KOS-MOS.

Nice collection and I lol'd at the title.
Wishlist:
[ALTER]Fate T. Harlaown
[Megahouse]Isayama Yomi
[Kotobukiya]Xecty Ein
Ogre AN-21

Postby shawn » August 14th, 2008, 5:48 am

Another collector with envious errrr... concubines? :koi: That Kos-Mos ver.4 is really eye catching. That is the one that gets me drooling too. It must be the way it's been packaged as it looked awesome being displayed as it is without ripping it out of the box. I want one.
屁をひって尻窄め
shawn

Location: Latitude 50° 48' 5'' North Longitude 1° 4' 35'' West

Postby jkno » August 14th, 2008, 8:23 am

nice haul !!
"Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away"

My collection
jkno

Postby oroboru » August 14th, 2008, 12:20 pm

shawn wrote:Another collector with envious errrr... concubines? :koi: That Kos-Mos ver.4 is really eye catching. That is the one that gets me drooling too. It must be the way it's been packaged as it looked awesome being displayed as it is without ripping it out of the box. I want one.

Yeah, the packaging does actually make it look very nice... simliarly, the T-ELOS is just as striking in terms of presentation and final production values, though my girlfriend swears that her chest and her body look disconnected... can't really say I was paying that much attention. I was busy drooling over the Alter Kanu Unchou.
oroboru

Postby oroboru » August 14th, 2008, 12:30 pm

jkno wrote:nice haul !!

Thanks! But it's not so much a haul as it is a cumulation of several years of addiction; still it's something I'm proud of, despite what social stigmas may be associated with this particular hobby.

Before I forget, about the KOS-MOS v 4.0, as with v 1.0, there was a severe, severe, severe supply shortage, causing the secondary market prices to become really really stupid. However, apparently they are re-releasing the figure around Christmas time, and it should go back to its regular MSRP of roughly $60 or so. I also read there wil be KOS-MOS swimsuit edition... the proto looks fantastic, with KOS-MOS having her trademark long flowing translucent hair.
oroboru

Postby Onegai » August 31st, 2008, 1:26 am

Nice variety in your collection!

oroboru wrote:Realized that I had an account here, and hadn't actually posted anything... stupid me. Well what better way to get my feet wet than to display my collection to people who have an appreciation for the same things I collect... well at least one of the many things I collect. I'm not entirely certain people here are interested in my Sentai collection... :P Well without further ado, lets get started!!

Go ahead and post the Sentai stuff any way! :)
Onegai

Postby oroboru » September 4th, 2008, 5:51 pm

Onegai wrote:Nice variety in your collection!

oroboru wrote:Realized that I had an account here, and hadn't actually posted anything... stupid me. Well what better way to get my feet wet than to display my collection to people who have an appreciation for the same things I collect... well at least one of the many things I collect. I'm not entirely certain people here are interested in my Sentai collection... :P Well without further ado, lets get started!!

Go ahead and post the Sentai stuff any way! :)

As you wish!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
oroboru

Postby BigPfeiffer » September 4th, 2008, 6:02 pm

Quite the selection there! Some of those do look very cool I must admit. About the only Sentai series I've watched recently is Go-Onger which I think is a good show. Got to love the Engines. ;)
BigPfeiffer
Site Sponser

Postby oroboru » September 4th, 2008, 6:16 pm

BigPfeiffer wrote:Quite the selection there! Some of those do look very cool I must admit. About the only Sentai series I've watched recently is Go-Onger which I think is a good show. Got to love the Engines. ;)

The Engines as characters, sure, but the toys are completely out of wack in terms of scale... ever seen a picture of G12?
oroboru

Postby BigPfeiffer » September 4th, 2008, 6:50 pm

Yep I saw the G12 - I though it looked...messy. It just didn't look right to me. to be honest, Go-Onger is a series that I prefer to watch rather than prefer the toys (unlike most Sentai series).
BigPfeiffer
Site Sponser

Postby Slaigar » September 5th, 2008, 12:17 am

That is a pretty sweet Sentai collection. Makes me miss the days of watching them (well, it was the Power Rangers adaptation). Are you keeping most of them as unopened/mint? The box with mammoth looks very canivalesque. Like it's ready to party or go to a circus, haha.
Slaigar

Postby oroboru » September 5th, 2008, 1:35 am

Slaigar wrote:That is a pretty sweet Sentai collection. Makes me miss the days of watching them (well, it was the Power Rangers adaptation). Are you keeping most of them as unopened/mint? The box with mammoth looks very canivalesque. Like it's ready to party or go to a circus, haha.

No MISB for me... it's open and display, baby!

Revolve Mammoth is fifty different types of awesome; I don't normally like carrier mecha, but hey, if it's got a revolving bullet chamber, sign me up!
oroboru

Postby Onegai » September 5th, 2008, 3:04 am

With the transformation abilities of sentai machines who wouldn't want to open and display them? ^_^

That's a stellar collection!
Onegai

Next

Return to Figures / Statues / Models