[Question] Buying Figurines in Hong Kong

All about figures, statues and models

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

[Question] Buying Figurines in Hong Kong

Postby kurosaki129 » August 11th, 2011, 1:15 am

Hello, i'm new here, not really sure if this place is the right place to ask this question. Anyhow, i am planning to go back to Hong Kong in a week or so, and i have plans to purchase a figurine or two and hope someone can give me tips what to look out for when purchasing these figurines.

I know its based on experience, look-out for box cover, and to look-out for that Shiny Sticker which marks its the real deal. I want to know if there's anything else or if there are certain stores to avoid what sells bootlegs. If possible, if anyone have visited Hong Kong, can you recommend places to visit when purchasing figurines?

The following figures are the ones i have in mind when i visit Hong Kong, all of them i believe are rare/old.

1. Max Factory's: Adilicia Ren Mathers from Rental Magica

2. Good Smile Company: Dark Elf from Lineage II

3. Orchid Seed: Elf from Lineage II

4. Alter: Nanoha Takamachi from MGLN Striker S

5. Alter: Fate T. Haralown from MGLN Striker S

6. Alter: Saber Lily - Distant Avalon from Fate/Stay Night

have anyone come across problems when purchasing these? and what to look out for ?

Thanks in advance :)
kurosaki129
NOOB DOOD!

Re: [Question] Buying Figurines in Hong Kong

Postby Onegai » August 18th, 2011, 4:49 am

Okay a bit late but,

and to look-out for that Shiny Sticker which marks its the real deal.

The stickers used to be a good sign of authenticity a few years ago, but since they can be replicated easily now most companies don't really use them anymore. Thus they aren't necessarily the guarantee of quality that they once were.
Onegai

Re: [Question] Buying Figurines in Hong Kong

Postby Firestorm ZERO » August 18th, 2011, 1:15 pm

One other way was the sticker of the distributor (but it can also be easily replicated as well). I remember buying some figures from HK and they had like a label of the distributor on the back or bottom of the box. Unfortunately, I don't know the names of the distributors nor can read the Chinese.

It is similar to like distributors here in North America which is mainly Diamond. They add their own sticker (or in some cases actually repackage it in their own printed box) but will lack the licensing sticker found in the JP releases.
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Return to Figures / Statues / Models