BLEACH Megahouse Excellent Model Series

All about figures, statues and models

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Re: BLEACH Megahouse Excellent Model Series

Postby Nekoarc » May 24th, 2011, 4:25 pm

All of the photo's are of actual figures from peoples collections on myfigurecollection.net. They are not stock photos and are all of authentic Bleach Megahouse figures.
Nekoarc

Postby elee0031 » May 25th, 2011, 7:34 am

Is your Orihime made of the same material as Megahouse Rangiku Matsumoto? By this I mean does Series 1 and 2 of Bleach Megahouse use the same resin statue material as the Series 3 with Rangiku and Yoruichi? If so that would explain it. Some of the ones coming out of China uses an action figure like plastic, while the others uses a resin type statue quality material.

Anyway it's late, I'll post some pictures up tomorrow. Just got off of work. Must of my stuff are sealed ...even though it maybe fake. Did they ever make a fake Banpresto figure? I'm asking cause I have the series with Orihime and Rangiku in school uniform and I didn't recall seeing a pierrots seal on it. I have one Soi Fon with no box but she looks like the real thing and I base this on nothing she is a PVC figure game prize sooo. I do have the Yoruichi one that has the seal on it.

Finally anyone out there willing to sell their Yoruichi Megahouse figure? Compared to the price im seeing on-line. I'll take a fake one to add to my collection. I'm shopping on a budget.
elee0031

Postby elee0031 » May 26th, 2011, 6:24 pm

You lucky people get to see a collage of toynami set from my collection. And a bonus figure...
Attachments
soi.jpg
She is the DX Series Figure 2 with a customized Toynami Card
sett1.jpg
This is for the Toynami US Bleach Figure Collection. Each figure comes 2 per series of a total of 4 series in all.
elee0031

Postby elee0031 » May 26th, 2011, 6:46 pm

Ok here are the display of Bleach Megahouse Series 2 Set
Attachments
bmhs2.jpg
elee0031

Postby elee0031 » May 26th, 2011, 6:59 pm

And here is series 1
Attachments
bmhs1.jpg
elee0031

Postby elee0031 » May 26th, 2011, 7:08 pm

My last post is Nel with her real sword - umm well it's the metal key chain sword; which actually fits pretty well.
Attachments
nelliel tu.jpg
elee0031

Postby elee0031 » May 26th, 2011, 7:25 pm

Last set is how everything is thrown together in one corner of the room. Some marvel legends, some daredevil and elektra, smallville, bleach and fantastic four.
Attachments
homestuff1.jpg
elee0031

Postby Nekoarc » May 26th, 2011, 8:45 pm

Very cool the way you have it set up :)

Sadly, your Bleach Megahouse & Nel figures are bootlegs. All four of the Megahouse ones would have the Pierott stickers if they were authentic and Nel is waaay too shiny.

All of my Megahouse Bleach figures are all made of the same PVC material. None are resin like. The fake ones though are very shiny, have wrong paint colors and usually many flaws and other differences. You can see close up pics of my authentic ones here: http://forums.zero-type.com/figures-statues-models-f9/neko-s-figures-img-heavy-t1747.html?hilit=neko's just scroll down a bit. You can also use those other links to compare that I posted earlier.

I'm pretty sure they never made a bootleg of the Megahouse Yoruichi, but they did for all the other characters.
Nekoarc

Postby elee0031 » May 26th, 2011, 9:19 pm

This is the Bleach Megahouse Rangiku. She didn't have a pirrots sticker but rather a Gundam seed sticker.
Attachments
rangiku.jpg
elee0031

Postby elee0031 » May 26th, 2011, 9:41 pm

The second picture screams u can kiss my shiny butt. But you also see the sword handle.
Attachments
nel2.jpg
elee0031

Postby Firestorm ZERO » May 26th, 2011, 11:09 pm

I can tell for sure your Rukia is a bootleg because the box says Ichigo at the bottom. Same goes for Orihime as the box says Renji. The bootleggers used the same box when they bootlegged the 1st Series (Ichigo and Rukia) and 2nd series (Orihime and Renji) as they never noticed the name was different. I am not sure of the 3rd (Mastsumoto and Yourichi) but I think they did copy the box as well. If you bought those 4 (Rukia, Ichigo, Orihime and Renji) from the same seller or as a set, then high chance (like 99.9% in my mind) the 2nd character of the set is bootlegged as well.

From most of them from quick glance, the skin gives it away IMO. The contrast in the skin is way too different. The base colour is way too dark. And the highlights and shadows have very high contrast. I think for all the girls, the skin is very light with minimal shade. I think Renji and Ichigo had darker shades due to their muscles but the shade blends well and is gradual. Nel for example has very high contrast and is dark in the colours. As NekoArc mentioned as well, Nel's skin is way too shiny. All the figures' skin should have no gloss at all.

As for Matsumoto, it should have the Pierrot sticker. So far from our forum, we only had one "confirmed" case where the bootlegger even copied the sticker (Gothic Lolita Asuka) but they could of copied the Gundam sticker in this case. And if so, didn't care which sticker they placed on the box. Megahouse also releases A LOT of Gundam figures which would make sense why they would copy the Gundam sticker. Due to bootleg notices (like our forum), bootleggers are getting smarter and noticing what they are forgetting. I think because of our bootleg alerts, most people now ask sellers "Is there a sticker on the box?" and when the bootlegger says "no", it is a lost sale. So my guess is they added "any" sticker so they can say "yes". Most buyers don't ask what "kind" of sticker is on the box. Can you provide a much higher res of Matsumoto (mainly a front shot) so I can compare? I already think she is a bootleg but I want to confirm any doubts.
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Postby Firestorm ZERO » May 26th, 2011, 11:30 pm

I just did a quick look at my Matsumoto figure and already noticed a difference. The plastic holder that holds the figure and sword is different. Matsumoto is at an slight angle (showing more of her side) and yours has her in front view. 2nd the sword in mine is more to the right and held by twist wire. Also in mine, the container isn't exactly molded to the shape of the sword. There is space to grab the hilt to pop it out while yours is shaped exactly for the sword.

There has only been 2 production runs of these series as far as I remember. The initial release and a re-release from last year. While this "container" difference is not 100% evidence, I see no reason that they would change the container.
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Postby Nekoarc » May 26th, 2011, 11:54 pm

The face also looks quite a bit different on the bootleg Rangiku and you can see her skin and outfit is shiny which it shouldn't be.
Nekoarc

Postby Firestorm ZERO » May 27th, 2011, 2:15 am

Yeah. I thought the outfit was shiny but it wasn't as shiny as the other images so I thought it was just due to the flash of the camera.

But zooming into the face, I now see what you mean. Yeah the face is looks very different.
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Postby elee0031 » May 27th, 2011, 12:02 pm

Well I can tell you I have two Rangiku. One with a plexy glass base and one cloudy plastic base. Both have screw on bottom feet. Both are very heavy and made of resin/statue like material. She is shiny because the cam was close up to the figure to get the detail of the body and face. Zoom from away made it look dark or blurry. And I'm using a 4 mpx digi cam.
Attachments
base.jpg
elee0031

PreviousNext

Return to Figures / Statues / Models