FAKE Art books...

Discussion of fakes / bootlegs of art books. Get rid of them like the plague!

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Postby BennyFuentes » October 16th, 2006, 3:57 am

mighty_vespa wrote:
BennyFuentes wrote:OMG !!!!! FORM CODE HAS BEEN BOOTLEGGED !!! :shock:

But...but its TERRIBLE COOL!!

the sad part is that it´s true, lol

the only thing that really annoys me is the cover, instead of using the original black cover with little white squares, they used the illustration that was used on RULE

the fanboy inside me asks me to buy it, but my true self tells me not too, argh !!!! :twisted:
BennyFuentes

Postby val » January 23rd, 2007, 11:07 am

BennyFuentes wrote:
mighty_vespa wrote:
BennyFuentes wrote:OMG !!!!! FORM CODE HAS BEEN BOOTLEGGED !!! :shock:

But...but its TERRIBLE COOL!!

the sad part is that it´s true, lol

the only thing that really annoys me is the cover, instead of using the original black cover with little white squares, they used the illustration that was used on RULE

the fanboy inside me asks me to buy it, but my true self tells me not too, argh !!!! :twisted:

Saw Range Murata today, and spoke to him about the fake copy of formcode. Can anyone help me get a fake copy for him? He is really interested in seeing it or any of his other work that's been bootlegged. Of course, we will pay for it but I don't know if they'll ship it to Japan. Can someone order it for Murata & send it to us in Japan?
val

Postby BennyFuentes » January 23rd, 2007, 4:23 pm

it´s not too expensive, I guess you can get it over here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Range-Murata-Formco ... dZViewItem

btw, can you notice how the text from the After Service section was deleted ? that´s odd
BennyFuentes

Postby val » January 23rd, 2007, 4:42 pm

BennyFuentes wrote:it´s not too expensive, I guess you can get it over here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Range-Murata-Formco ... dZViewItem

btw, can you notice how the text from the After Service section was deleted ? that´s odd

I know where to get it. It's more like I don't want to order under as tokyocentral. Can you order it for me under your ID and have them ship it here? Please? :wink: I can PayPal the money to you. I'll get your 2007 calendar signed. :)

He also said he still has stock of most of his old doujin releases (old doujinshi & calendars), and would be happy to sell whatever he has around his place. Missing anything specific?

He asked 3-4 times about getting the bootleg so I'd like to get it for him but not under my ID...
val

Postby MrDisco » January 23rd, 2007, 5:14 pm

that reminds me..i still need a copy of rule :oops:
Last edited by MrDisco on January 23rd, 2007, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby val » January 23rd, 2007, 5:16 pm

huh?
val

Postby MrDisco » January 23rd, 2007, 5:21 pm

val wrote:huh?

nvm..i was looking at the boot leg and wrote form code when i meant rule.
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby MrDisco » January 23rd, 2007, 5:30 pm

val wrote:I know where to get it. It's more like I don't want to order under as tokyocentral. Can you order it for me under your ID and have them ship it here? Please? :wink: I can PayPal the money to you. I'll get your 2007 calendar signed. :)

He also said he still has stock of most of his old doujin releases (old doujinshi & calendars), and would be happy to sell whatever he has around his place. Missing anything specific?

He asked 3-4 times about getting the bootleg so I'd like to get it for him but not under my ID...

Benny let me know if you've ordered a copy for Val and if not I can do it.

I'll try to have them ship directly to TC, but i dont know if the seller will go for it (since it wont be a verified address from my paypal account). if not, do you still want me to order it and then re-ship it to you?
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby val » January 23rd, 2007, 5:47 pm

Thank you, Mr D!

Benny didn't offer, and you did so I'm taking up the offer.

The whole PayPal "confirmed' address thing doesn't exist on accounts in the Asia Pacific. PayPal doesn't show us that information, so the seller can't have that argument, but even so, I don't mind if I have to ship it to you and then to Japan. I will pay the cost. Just let me know how much I owe you. Send me a PM with the information and I'll send the funds immediately.

Also, be sure to tell me which print you'd like signed or if you want to ask him for any older doujin items that you don't have yet. We'll be sure to tell him that we promised his signature in exchange for the book. I'm sure he won't mind signing since you helped us (& him) out. I know he'll appreciate it. We'll even ask him to draw something but I can't make any promises on that, except that we'll try to get a quick drawing as well as a signature for you on the page of your choice.
val

Postby MrDisco » January 23rd, 2007, 8:10 pm

val wrote: I will pay the cost. Just let me know how much I owe you. Send me a PM with the information and I'll send the funds immediately.

Ok. Please PM your name, mailing address etc etc that I should use to pass on to the seller.

Also, be sure to tell me which print you'd like signed or if you want to ask him for any older doujin items that you don't have yet.

Well I believe this is what I'm missing:
Wild Flowers [1995]
Futsutsukka (1st ed, 2nd ed)
Concurrence
Tempao 1st Ed
Reverse
Rule

I have no clue on which calendars i need. whatever he can sign/sketch is cool...i'll leave it to you to decide as i'm not picky, i'm doing this to try and help out.
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby val » January 23rd, 2007, 8:39 pm

Done!

Thank you! :D :) :D
val

Postby MrDisco » January 23rd, 2007, 9:13 pm

book purchased..now i'm just waiting to get the final bill with the shipping costs.
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby BennyFuentes » January 23rd, 2007, 10:56 pm

damn, arrived too late to reply :( I suck, oh well, better luck next time

Val, I´m interested about RM´s old doujins, I´ll check what I´m missing and if it´s ok can I send you the list on a PM over here ?

oh, and I know it´s not the right place to ask but, any news on the limited edition RMPinky figures ? :roll:
Last edited by BennyFuentes on January 23rd, 2007, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BennyFuentes

Postby skicow » January 23rd, 2007, 11:13 pm

BennyFuentes wrote:Val, I´m interested about RM´s old doujins but I don´t have a checklist of what he has published, do you know where can I find a complete (or at least almost) list of RM´s stuff ?

Click's website is a really good list -- http://longrangebullet.info/
skicow

Postby BennyFuentes » January 23rd, 2007, 11:16 pm

skicow wrote:
BennyFuentes wrote:Val, I´m interested about RM´s old doujins but I don´t have a checklist of what he has published, do you know where can I find a complete (or at least almost) list of RM´s stuff ?

Click's website is a really good list -- http://longrangebullet.info/

thanks for the reply, I remembered about that site a few minutes ago and googled for it, very much appreciated, though :)
BennyFuentes

PreviousNext

Return to Fake / Bootleg Art Books