Yellow Tag: 42 for Comiket 72

All about doujinshi

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Re: Yellow Tag: 42 for Comiket 72

Postby ][CEMAN » September 7th, 2007, 9:21 am

K2kevn wrote:][ceman, man, I thought you were OK from yours previous posts and now you drop the this attitude on someone who's doing you a favor? You think we buy that it's a mistake to exaggerate (another word for LIE) 1 week to 3 weeks. Geez, we should be grateful that we're able to have someone in Japan get this mostly unobtainable crap that we collect for a reasonable price. How else would you have gotten that figure without paying out the a**. You've been in the forum, you know the stuff that's been going on. You'd think you'd would have been more patient. I'm not trying to offend, just saying what I "see."
"

I don't think you actually understand what im trying to say. I pm'ed Val asking has it been sent yet as i need to plan to be home when it arrives. I get no answers yet i see him post on the forums. Any normal person would think "why am i being ignored/maybe he just hasnt bothered checking hims PMs?" so i sent a second PM just incase the first didnt reach him and still no answer, yet it seems he comes on the forums and reads threads and post replies.

Anyone would feel slightly ignored if that happened.

It's not about having patients either as i said. Val said it will be sent out on monday/tue which is 27/28th Aug. If it was not going to be sent on that day then that's fine, but atleast i need to know what is happening. PM was sent out on 4th Sept just asking if it has been sent out yet. What's so impatient about it? im not saying hes a bad seller or accusing him of ripping me off. I just want to know if it's been sent out. I don't see how that is being ungrateful or impatient.

If you actually read my initial post i was not accusing him of anything nor giving him a hard time. I just posted on this thread as it was probably the only way for him to see my question.

BTW i said 2 weeks.. not 3

Anyway ill leave this thread alone as it has nothing to do with me.
][CEMAN

Postby val » September 7th, 2007, 9:54 am

Umm..

You said 3 weeks, not 2.

No, it's really you that doesn't get it. Didn't I already resolve this?

Do you know how many PMs are sitting in my box right now? Everyone at this board is waiting for me right now. I got busy. Very sorry. I already initiated the refund hours ago after you first posted, so I don't know why you're continuing with this.

You needed a fast resolution, and I resolved it for you. I still haven't read my PM either because if I open it, I may never go back to it when I'm busy and I return to a new page full of unread PM, so it keeps the UNREAD message noticeable since there's no sorting by read/unread or username or date or topic or whether I replied. There's a logic behind how I manage that inbox. It's not email. Plus, if you keep replying to the same thread, I can read your message in the outbox and don't have to open the message in the inbox until I'm replying. Otherwise, I may forget completely. (PS. Shawn that's how I kept PMing myself. I was reading your messages from the outbox and thought I was replying to you until I found my own messages to myself in my inbox. duh)

Drama should have ended by now anyways. You're being incredibly self-centered, and if it were not for that, I would have apologized but I don't want to sell it now. Please drop it.

Let's see my PM inbox right now:
46 UNREAD * 20 minutes per person & that's the low end = 920 minutes/60 minutes = 15.33 Hours.
25 REQUESTS to SEND * 60 minutes per person & that's the low end = 1500 minutes/60 minutes = 25 Hours.
380 READ * 0 minutes because I hope I resolved them if not, I'm sure someone will let you know.
================
40.33 hours minimum -- When do I get to sleep if I work 50-60 hours a week? Why can't I post about something related to this topic? This topic is NOT about you. Why is your PM more important than all the others? The problem is there's a mutual understanding between members at this board as a community, and you do not realize it. I shouldn't have sold it under normal terms and should have posted it to eBay to keep it a business transaction. You must understand that people, not just me, can get busy in their personal life and at some point, you have to manage that time when it's limited to ensure you're getting mental breaks. If I am reading/replying to 100 emails back to back, 8 hours can fly by in a day, and the last thing on my mind is PM about shipping so I have to take those breaks. During the holiday, I wasn't working but I was still busy but I had free time too.

You should see my email and My Messages. I do my best to manage all, and I'm not perfect but getting demanding with me on any public forum is not going to end in your favor.

If I'm not reading the PM, I am very busy. At times, stuff happens and I get busy. It's not like I forgot or don't have it on a list of things to resolve as soon as I'm able.
val

Postby ][CEMAN » September 7th, 2007, 11:29 am

][CEMAN wrote:BTW Val, ive also sent you 2 pms over the past 2 weeks about the blue max factory mai which was suppose to be sent out last week of August (27th/28th). I have yet to recieve a tracking number or whether if you have sent the item which i have paid for weeks and weeks ago.

I don't mind waiting 2-3 days but it has been 2 weeks where the item was suppose to be sent out Val. I need answers..

I already said it like 5 times. Im not looking for a fast solution.. i was asking a simple question. Why do you people think otherwise i have no idea.
][CEMAN

Postby val » September 7th, 2007, 12:12 pm

][CEMAN wrote:Ok mistake its not 3 weeks.. its been 1 week.
val

Postby ][CEMAN » September 7th, 2007, 12:27 pm

haha oh gee sorry
a typo i didnt pickup

Actually forget it... i don't think theres anymore for this discussion to go on. Keep your item.. a simple question causing so much trouble isn't even worth it.

Thanks for the quick refund.
][CEMAN

Postby val » September 8th, 2007, 1:38 am

A simple question?

][CEMAN wrote:What i don't understand is that you have time to write up 10 paragraphs of stuff on the forums and you don't have time to send 2 sentences to me saying your too bzy to send it out?

What gives you a right to tell me that I can't post a thread because you sent two PM and what gives you the right to "scold" me on this board?

Dad? Is that you?

ME: Hi
DAD: Where have you been young lady?
ME: I got caught in traffic. It was busy.
DAD: You couldn't pick up a phone and call?
DAD: Two seconds is all it takes!
ME: Yes, but I didn't know I needed to call.
DAD: I tried to call you. It was busy.
ME: I was on the phone.
DAD: Two seconds is all I ask to let me know!
ME: Sorry Dad. It won't happen again.
DAD: You must have been on the phone for 10 hours! I left 2 messages.
ME: Okay. There are about 40 new voicemails. I have not listened to those yet.
DAD: You can't give 2 seconds of your time.
ME: Okay. I thought you knew that if I ran late that you shouldn't worry.
DAD: You said 2 hours. Why didn't you call? 2 seconds.
ME: Yes, but I didn't know I needed to call.
DAD: A 2 second update is ALL I ask. Is that so hard?
ME: No but do you have to this in front of my friends?

I haven't answered to anyone like this since I was 16 years old but once I rebelled, Dad grew up.
val

Postby shawn » September 8th, 2007, 10:40 am

:laugh1: That is a very funny and accurate metaphor, Val. You crack me up.... :keke:
屁をひって尻窄め
shawn

Location: Latitude 50° 48' 5'' North Longitude 1° 4' 35'' West

Postby BennyFuentes » September 8th, 2007, 10:13 pm

Hi Val, sorry I´m using this way to contact you but please if you see my message in your PM inbox don´t worry about it, I´ve already figured out something XD payment is going your way !
BennyFuentes

Postby val » September 10th, 2007, 1:29 am

H-Gurl wrote:O.K.
So this guy purchased something from your ebay store,

Correct.

H-Gurl wrote:comes to the forum to PM you to death about his ebay order.

Incorrect. He was messaging Anichara at eBay's site.. He was using My eBay's Messages.

Started on Friday in the US, which was Saturday in Japan. If I was working or reading the messages, I would have replied to him. I did reply by the second business day but by then, everything had spiraled out of control. He then stopped sending and didn't reply to me right away, so I assumed he got the package.

I don't understand why/how it escalated to that point but his references to "someone told me" and "FSZ forum" gave the undeniable impression that he was discussing with "people" who were also reading the forum. Just like he did before he left a negative, someone else's comment caused him to react. It's no different than how an email escalated from a question to a threat of neg feedback (24 hours later) to a threat that invovled SquareTrade(??), eBay & PayPal. I do understand how this happens and that's exactly why I prefer to keep special event offers within a small group and don't use a mailing list for offers on this board because my intention is to give a limited group at this board a chance to buy, not a large group.

Last year, this happened with Takehito Harada's Disgaea books. It caused a very large group to attack me. I know how that happened and I know who the instigators were too. They're the same people who caused problems during the previous Comiket with Tony's doujinshi. Based on the Harada-ya situation, we will never offer Harada again at a reasonable price. It's unfortunate but at some point, we are forced to base decisions on the acts of judgmental, self-centered buyers who crave attention & thrive on drama. I've actually banned one in particular but he changes his ID & returns. Why would any buyer shop at such a terrible store if he can only find reasons to complain?

H-Gurl wrote:He reads the posts you made about the Comiket 72 items here,

Apparently, he was reading the forum, and believed the discussion about "reserves" (that I allowed through our server, not eBay, for one day) was about his eBay preorder.

He also seems to have connected the incident with the "signed" book where I said I have two books (1 signed & 1 unsigned) but five people. I don't know how my offer under BUY/SELL related to eBay but I assume that's how he made that conclusion about inadequate stock. I have absolutely no idea why someone would connect Val selling a signed book at 3rd party site with an eBay preorder. I was not selling AniChara's stock on this forum.

I don't know how he made any of the connections between this thread/forum and eBay. He hasn't explained it either. But, based on prior experience, I believed he followed a link and misunderstood the purpose of the page and my comments..

People can be confused by something as simple as, "Val is taking preorders for TB. You can read more here...". Even the Wonder Festival post confused people, like ][CEMAN who obviously showed for the figure, not to be a part of the community. If I had known that, I wouldn't have sold it. The figure is currently selling for 17950-20000 yen at used shops in Tokyo. Mandarake, a used store, has one for 18000 yen +tax. I sold it to ][CEMAN for 11000 yen. I thought he was a member, who understood that I am not conducting business transactions with a "customer" on this board. Lesson learned from that situation. In the future, only long time members will get any event deals from me in my personal capacity. Perhaps, I should have messaged him but scolding me on this forum because he "needed answers" and the comment about how he's willing to wait, "2 or 3 days, not weeks and weeks," showed me that he viewed this as an order w/a store. In that case, the price should have jumpted by at least $50. The fact that he'd been waiting 3 days for a reply to a PM and I missed a deadline left me shocked. He's confused too. He identified with the eBay buyer and assumed that my post about eBay was the same as his situation & PM on this board. The buyer never sent me a PM on this board, and unlike ][CEMAN, our store made a promise to eBay buyers but the store fulfilled its promise and he was not keeping up his side of the deal by waiting for SAL delivery. ]

H-Gurl wrote:and connected them to his ebay purchases, getting all his facts wrong in the process.
Is this correct?

I think so.

For example, at first, I thought he was talking about a search engine, like Google, in this post:

BlahBlah wrote:the item came up on a search for tsukasa bullet he or she shouldnt have put it up if they did not want people to see it. And i did make a scene oh i will m ke such a scene.

Reading it again, I think he's referring to eBay's search. Why would anyone post something to eBay if they were hiding it? It's far too expensive to list on eBay. In other words, you're paying a premium for people to see it.

Furthermore, his references to "someone told me","people I don't know are messaging me", etc., prove that this incident was not isolated to this forum. Otherwise, how could anyone know who he is or why would anyone contact him?

Hope that explains the situation as accurately as possible. It's unfortunate it happened, but it's also not unusual. It's happened several times in the past.

Also, my intention with the Dad script above was to show how it appeared and made me feel. I did not intend to ridicule someone or poke fun. I was trying to get him to understand just how his "simple question" was not a simple, "hey. when you get a second, can you check your pm? thanks". Perhaps I'm too sensitive, but I was surprised by the unfriendly tone.

Finally, I apologize to anyone who has been offended by this. I want to be able to post without strings attached and without having it connected to the store. It is only fair to me, like anyone else who doesn't bring work to this forum. Being the one person in Japan that helps the group get event items, I hope you can respect my position on linking or referencing special offers on this board. In other words, if I help at this board, then it must stay at the board, and should not be viewed as a "special offer" from the store. I honestly don't mind helping anyone at this board, and I am always willing to help. I only mind when a good thing has a negative impact on the store. Thank you
val

Postby val » September 17th, 2007, 5:20 pm

Saw Range Murata this weekend. Did you know our store is the only shop that has purchased Line's Union from Murata-sensei? Actually, he said he did ship the book to a shop in Kyoto but it's a small store in area where you don't find much doujinshi. If you check around online, you will have trouble finding his doujinshi at PSE's normal shops in Japan. He said he hasn't gotten back to any shops yet and may not wholesale this book. I wonder if he's trying to create more demand by making availability unpredictable. He does leave events with a lot of stock each time because people know they can buy it after an event. It's strange though because Manganomori and Keibunsha have not received stock yet and he's still thinking about whether to put the book in those shops like normal. I guess that makes us (and the Kyoto shop) special (or so I'd like to think). Of course, you can still find it at used shops or auctions but I am referring to official PSE consignment stores that buy from Murata, not stores that buy at events for resale. I'm sure there are reseller shops out there w/Line's Union but "new" event stock is going to be limited at resellers if they can't buy more from official PSE stores.
val

Postby Siye » September 17th, 2007, 6:50 pm

^ I think it was up on Tora... wasn't it? That's what I recall but now I'm not too sure. ^^;;;
Siye

Postby val » September 17th, 2007, 7:53 pm

No, Tora doesn't carry new PSE doujinshi. Tora is not an official PSE store, and never has been an outlet for new PSE works. They did carry his 2007 calendar but that's the only thing I've seen at Tora of PSE in years. They do carry items published by publishers, like Futurecode but that's not PSE. It's really Wani's Comiket release. Murata had too much stock of the calendar, so he chose to put it in their online shop.

The items that appear on Tora's doujin shop are items sold under consignment only or doujin that's really published by Tora or a prepaid item that Tora could not sell after a long period in their physical store. If Tora prepays an artist and the artist doesn't consign with their online shop, then it doesn't appear online.

I think you're confusing Mandarake's setup with Tora's setup. Tora's web shop doesn't share stock with the B&M stores. Mandarake lists items that are for sale in their B&M stores so the stock is shared. However, PSE doesn't sell at Mandarake either. Mandarake only sells Used PSE doujin. Tora's online shop is a completely different setup with their own payout system, stock/inventory, staff, etc. The inventory is not shared with the web shop, so you won't always find items online that are in their stores. Similarly, many items sold online can't be found in their stores because the stock is sold under consignment with the web shop. Many artists consign older works as well as new titles with Tora's web shop to support fans who don't have access to a B&M store or to continue selling old stock that B&M stores won't buy under prepayment.

Also, Tora expects a wholesale discount off a book's street price, and the online store pays artists according to a monthly schedule. If an item sold online in their doujin shop doesn't sell out, Tora reserves the right to return it. PSE doesn't give a wholesale/consignment discount on his doujinshi, and doesn't set a street price. All stores prepay artists like PSE and each store sets their own price, which is one reason you won't find PSE at Tora, Melon Books, or Mandarake's new shop. Instead, PSE is found in "artsy" pro stores like Manganomori, Keibunsha, Tools, etc, but these stores don't carry most "h" circles found at Tora, Mandarake, or Melon. It's a different market.
val

Previous

Return to Doujinshi