Yellow Tag: 42 for Comiket 72

All about doujinshi

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Re: Yellow Tag: 42 for Comiket 72

Postby DualSoul » September 6th, 2007, 5:45 pm

shinsengumi wrote:Far be it for a newbie such as myself to intrude on this particular discussion, but wouldn't it be more responsible and -- dare I say civil -- for users with concerns about a courtesy service to use PM rather than to callously broadcast their complaints in public on this forum?

Yes it would. Unfortunately, it seems that would require too much in the way of tact for some.
DualSoul

Postby psycho013 » September 6th, 2007, 6:38 pm

val wrote:Psycho, I know you're PMing me.. I'm trying to work towards your PM, and whatever you're after as well as your doujin & Pinky:st. I have those here. I am a bit overwhelmed by PM right now so please bear with me and don't keep resending.

わかった。まってる。Take your time; I just wanted to check in. I'll be in Japan on the 15th...
psycho013

Postby Siye » September 6th, 2007, 6:45 pm

val wrote:
BTW Siye, I am sending the books by registered Airmail - working towards getting to the PO. Actually, will that cause a problem with taxes? It's automatically insured for $60 as registered Airmail but I don't think it goes through Purolator.

Yeah, that will be fine. You can declare it at its proper value... because it's being shipped to my BC address, I hope it'll slip taxes. :) I won't be home to check on it right away though, because I'll be leaving for good ol Toronto again for the school year. ^^ Thanks Val, and don't let work get to you.
Siye

Postby shawn » September 6th, 2007, 8:04 pm

shinsengumi wrote:Far be it for a newbie such as myself to intrude on this particular discussion, but wouldn't it be more responsible and -- dare I say civil -- for users with concerns about a courtesy service to use PM rather than to callously broadcast their complaints in public on this forum?

Hello Mr. Lurker. It took you 6 months to post and the first one you did seems a bit blunt and offensive. Unless the posts is directed at you, which it clearly doesn't name anyone in particular, why are you complaining and bitching about it? Unless it's really about you... This a free forum after all and we would like to know what's going on in this community... sharing some others concerns. Knowing about people who benefits and takes advantage of others willingness to help, makes us aware of some of the members intention. That is, not all is friendly...

Edit: Hi Shin, same as Zeb, my apologies. I misinterpreted your post and thought you were refering to Val instead of ][CEMAN. I take my harsh words back as it wasn't meant to be thrown at you. Please do forgive me. :peco:
Last edited by shawn on September 7th, 2007, 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
屁をひって尻窄め
shawn

Location: Latitude 50° 48' 5'' North Longitude 1° 4' 35'' West

Postby H-Gurl » September 6th, 2007, 8:35 pm

-Snippy- :tukkomi:

Sorry for the confusion Shinsengumi, I apologize :sorry:
I have no idea what you're talking about...
...so here's a bunny with a cellphone on it's head.
H-Gurl
Humble Follower

Postby deoch » September 6th, 2007, 8:39 pm

Wow, sorry to hear things turned out the way they did. That's really a shame.
deoch

Postby H-Gurl » September 7th, 2007, 2:53 am

BlahBlah wrote:
okay first of all im not cuasing a scene online right now. That would be you val by posting all this online. No one told you to air your dirty laundry except yourself. I was about to leave positive feed back untill someone told me you were posting my emails on line right now. and now im getting emails from random people i dont know talking crap. So i have left negative feedback and am reporting you to ebay for giving out my email and my screen name. After your email i even sent an apology but now i retract it. So GO TO HELL.

Honestly, you had no right to even buy the item Val posted to this board, and then you give her attitude??
Based on your messages to her, it doesn't look like you intend to do anything more than continue to harass her until you got your way!
You really have some nerve!
H-Gurl
Humble Follower

Postby BlahBlah » September 7th, 2007, 3:03 am

the item came up on a search for tsukasa bullet he or she shouldnt have put it up if they did not want people to see it. And i did make a scene oh i will m ke such a scene.
BlahBlah

Postby Mr. Lobster » September 7th, 2007, 3:18 am

What will you achieve by doing this? You want a free Tsukasa Jun or something?

You stumbled(?) onto private matters that have absolutely nothing to do with you. Perhaps we need to report to eBay that you are stalking and harassing the seller outside of eBay. Bullying the seller into getting what you want. Making up lies and accusing them of posting your email or screen name. Well I don't see it anywhere here!
Mr. Lobster

Postby val » September 7th, 2007, 4:50 am

That's it for me. I didn't post his email address or even his username. I used it as an example.

He's getting contacted by random people and people are telling him things... where? how? Please enlighten me.

If someone is doing that, then obviously someone is forwarding the info from this board. Who is it? I want to know.

<strike>Never again! That's it for me. I'm done selling doujinshi. No more Tsukasa Bullet, Range Murata or Yellow Tag. I have suffered enough from this shit.</strike>
Done in another brief moment of insanity. I'm back now, and I don't really mean that but I won't be taking preorders on eBay again.

T_T It's not right. I did nothing wrong. T_T

I delivered EXACTLY as described, and emails are automated. It's so unfair that people want to harm my business like this. :( I have done nothing wrong, like all the other times this crap happens to me.

I simply wanted to show why you shouldn't post about the store at other boards if it refers to something here. This thread is too new to be at the top of search engines.

This was a horrible experience for me, and I will suffer from it in many ways. I hope he's proud of himself because I did NOTHING wrong. It was exactly as described, and packed with great care. It arrived exactly as stated and even faster by SAL.

There will always be individuals who are impatient and or slow and demand excessive amounts of attention.
If you get emails during the weekends, or during off hours, can't you give an automated response? One that explains you will ONLY cater to Anichara during business hours?
Atleast then if people keep spamming you, you can just ignore them.

I just realized that I forgot to say something about this comment.

I've been selling online far too long. I have experienced every type of buyer too many times to not practice "damage control" before it happens. Some people are biased and unreasonable.

If you send direct email, you *will* get an automated reply that states business hours, and proper protocol for contact in regard to eBay transactions.

I don't know what more a store can do to provide notice about every question under the sun.
===========================
Look at the front of the store (URL REMOVED TO PREVENT CONFUSION)
Even the promotion boxes mention proper method of contact and when we'll be away over the holiday.
There are people who ordered mid-holiday by EMS who were exploding by the time I went to read email and send invoices. I didn't expect anyone to pay and did take steps to let people know that we'd be away. In fact, I sent out a mass email to every unarchived order under My eBay to let them know about the holiday and possibly slow replies and delivery.

Listing & Checkout say:
(URL REMOVED TO PREVENT CONFUSION)
"Before buying, please read our store's Payment n Shipping page for full details."
I have limited space in that "instruction box, so I can't be as detailed as I'd like but the full detail is pretty extensive.

(Payment n Shipping - URL REMOVED TO PREVENT CONFUSION)
On that page, look at the BRIGHT YELLOW box at the top, that reminds newbies to read our "Buyer Instructions" information.

(Buyer Instructions - URL REMOVED TO PREVENT CONFUSION)
Scan the page for "Contact". Even tells you how to send an Alert if your matter is urgent, and what does not work.

Our emails are logged by eBay with Sent Date on every single eBay order. If the email errors, it's also logged. We pay extra for this feature too. I can't revise eBay's email log. Now, eBay can be unreliable on sending 1 email to select people, but not every email. If someone gets ZERO emails from us on eBay, then they need to look harder because that's impossible. The mail is automated.

If anything, I am guilty of being too relaxed if you buy from the store and I have known you for an extended period from this board. I'm really working on that problem of mine, and trying to be more "professional" since I wouldn't be relaxed w/others.

We do remind people of our office hours. He received 2 emails which had:
1. Payment Confirmation
(copy & paste)
"BUSINESS DAYS
-
Business days are Monday to Friday, holidays excluded, in Japan. Non-business
hours include weekends, evening hours, and Japanese National/traditional
American holidays. Japan Time is 16-17 hours ahead of US Pacific (eBay.Com
official) time. "

2. Shipping Confirmation.
(copy & paste)
"BUSINESS DAYS
-
Business days are Monday to Friday, holidays excluded, in Japan. Non-business
hours include weekends, evening hours, and Japanese National/traditional
American holidays. Japan Time is 16-17 hours ahead of US Pacific (eBay.Com
official) time. "

Last edited by val on September 7th, 2007, 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
val

Postby val » September 7th, 2007, 5:18 am

BlahBlah wrote:the item came up on a search for tsukasa bullet he or she shouldnt have put it up if they did not want people to see it. And i did make a scene oh i will m ke such a scene.

I don't think you understand. I am not the entity the you purchased from on eBay. I did not link to the Anichara Store. I didn't post anything anywhere that I didn't want people to see on eBay. That's a business. I did nothing wrong. I helped some people at this forum but it was NOT on eBay. It doesn't relate to eBay AT ALL.

I don't know why you're connecting me on this forum with an eBay Store. I don't know why you're saying people are emailing you. I didn't post your email. I didn't post your username. I gave an example but nothing personal. It's not right! I am a human who posts on this forum. You are in the wrong. If you worked at a store and someone off the street monitored you because they bought something from the store that you work at and then held your job responsible for something you said while you're off of work about the same product, and then slandered your company to harm them for that person's misunderstanding of who you are, what would you think? I wasn't trying to fight with you. This has been traumatizing for me!I can't believe you just neg'd an eBay store for something that has nothing to do with the store. Please retract it! It's not right, and the store should not suffer from your misunderstanding.

You wrote over a weekend. WE are 16 hours ahead of you. I did reply when I got every single message at once.

I said you were confused! I said this is why I ask that people don't mention the store w/my posts at this board! I was really upset at this group. NOT angry at you or anyone else. I was making it clear to this forum, one last time. I can be blunt on my personal time if I want to be and I would NEVER EVER post anyone's personal information online. That's a lie.
val

Postby H-Gurl » September 7th, 2007, 6:10 am

O.K.

So this guy purchased something from your ebay store, comes to the forum to PM you to death about his ebay order.
He reads the posts you made about the Comiket 72 items here, and connected them to his ebay purchases, getting all his facts wrong in the process.
Is this correct?
H-Gurl
Humble Follower

Postby Siye » September 7th, 2007, 6:30 am

Yeah.. that's what I was thinking too. To my knowledge Anichara GIVES automated responses back for won auctions or whatever, clearly stating business hours and when an email response can be expected.
So... I'm thinkin.. who is stupid enough to constantly spam over and over???

BUt.. if some idiot buyer spams mail over and over, wouldn't it be the best to just ignore them? I guess all they would do is spam even more.. but then you can retaliate with just more auto messages?
I don't know... just so many people refuse to READ simple instructions or just flat out ignore them. It must be frustrating and SUCH a huge waste of time.

GAH. I'm getting pissed just thinking about it.
Siye

Postby K2kevn » September 7th, 2007, 6:48 am

OK. I guess it's my turn to throw in my 2 cents.

Blahblah, dude, you bought the thing August 16th. ONE, it's clearly stated that SAL takes 2-5 weeks. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you supposedly made a mistake paying for SAL. Uh, since when did your mistake make it the seller's problem that it didn't get there fast enough for you. Seriously, wipe the KY jelly off your hands before you click the mouse. It's more hygienic and less mistakes will be made when buying things online.

TWO, the listing states that the seller would be gone until August 20th. Then you start bugging the seller (12 days later from when the seller would be available) on September 1, a freaking holiday WEEKEND. You continue to harass daily on that holiday weekend (nothing to do? in your room at mommy's house?) You expect the seller to be there during the weekend to answer your emails when the seller's emails clearly states they work Monday-Friday ONLY. AND that somehow the package should have gotten to your house at the shorter end of 2-5 weeks? Uh, why? Because you REALLY REALLY wanted it and had plans for those pretty Tsukasa pictures of nekkid women for the holiday weekend?

And now after the seller posts your unidentifiable emails (until you posted here and basically admitted that it was you) to blow off steam during their PERSONAL time, you get insulted so you are going to make a scene. Again, why? Because the emails are basically YOUR words in black & white and made you look like a desperate fanboy? Be a man, retract your negative, you got your book, didn't you? Why should the seller get a negative when you got your book? No one would have known you from anything until you posted here because you got upset that someone would post your UNIDENTIFIABLE emails. They were just words from an anonymous unreasonable buyer until you showed up here. Retract the negative. The seller didn't deserve it. The damn thing got to your house, immaculately packaged, didn't it? Hell, probably less than 10 people have that book in the U.S. Be grateful.

Of course, if I misunderstood the whole situation and assumed the worst (which I usually do), then my apologies.

][ceman, man, I thought you were OK from yours previous posts and now you drop the this attitude on someone who's doing you a favor? You think we buy that it's a mistake to exaggerate (another word for LIE) 1 week to 3 weeks. Geez, we should be grateful that we're able to have someone in Japan get this mostly unobtainable crap that we collect for a reasonable price. How else would you have gotten that figure without paying out the a**. You've been in the forum, you know the stuff that's been going on. You'd think you'd would have been more patient. I'm not trying to offend, just saying what I "see."

I was gonna make a comment about H-gurl and Shawn jumping on the newbie for no reason when I first read Shinsen's post but they admitted their mistake (that's a hint to you: blahblah and iceman).

Val, please note, that a lot of us will always back you up, We know your integrity/honesty and that you always try your hardest despite what's going on. I know you didn't want to play favorites for this stuff, but you may have to be alot more selective. About the FSN busts, I still want them, never mentioned it b/c I didn't want to bug you. Figured you were waiting on a good deal for them. Besides, I know you have a good memory and I do too so you'd never be stuck with anything I'd ask you for. You're doing me/us a favor. I/we can be patient. What's a couple of months. As my wife would say about my hobbies, "they are not necessities (ie. stop cluttering the house up with your junk), you don't need them!"
K2kevn

Postby val » September 7th, 2007, 9:17 am

val wrote:<strike>Never again! That's it for me. I'm done selling doujinshi. No more Tsukasa Bullet, Range Murata or Yellow Tag. I have suffered enough from this shit.</strike>

Done in another brief moment of insanity. I'm back now, and I don't really mean that I'm done with doujinshi, but as far as the store goes, there will be no more preorders to reserve in advance in a store environment. It's just too much hassle, and no longer worth the risk or burden of putting myself out there for this to recur.

I've got to get off eBay anyways because I hate eBay and it doesn't help the situation either.

eBay preorders shipped promptly. If you paid instantly, then the order departed in the first group out the door. Having returned to 180 messages under My eBay, those had to be handled afterwards or it would have held shipping up until I could read/reply to all. It's amazing how either way I approach it, someone finds fault in me. Didn't read fast enough. Didn't reply fast enough. Didn't ship fast enough. Didn't do enough to prevent whatever I did wrong.

Have you ever noticed the wording in the eBay store -- It's long & excessive. The wording is very specific, like "Please click eBay's Pay Button on the listing's page and pay via eBay's Checkout to confirm your shipping address & shipping method. Then, follow eBay's prompts to submit your final order and make payment."

If I don't say Ebay's Checkout & Ebay's Pay Button, as well as mention that you can change your address and shipping method, someone will get it wrong. I got slammed by some girl on her blog because I wasn't specific enough, and I was arrogant when I pointed out that we don't look for your address in a PayPal note. I pointed out our procedure for payment and checkout, and she said it was too vague. When she posted the letter on her blog, she was so proud of herself as an English major, but she obviously didn't realize an English Major should not have been confused by the words. Apparently, I was incorrectly assuming that a buyer would know what I was referring to with Checkout and Pay button. Although the transaction occurs on eBay's site, I can't assume a buyer will know I'm referring to eBay's Checkout and eBay's Pay button. Okay. I turned off PayPal "notes" after that, and made the information so detailed that even an English major can understand it.
Last edited by val on September 7th, 2007, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
val

PreviousNext

Return to Doujinshi