Range Murata - C73 Swag

All about doujinshi

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Range Murata - C73 Swag

Postby K2kevn » March 7th, 2008, 6:35 pm

As discussed before, Murata released 2 items at C73. A 2008 Calendar and the Throwline doujinshi. On with the pix:

The 2008 Calendar, exact same format as the 2007 calendar with the hanger and folder. The pages are double-sided with images on either side.

The Throwline doujinshin is 1/2 color, 1/2 monochrome. Here are most of the pages. Had to "censor" 2 pix, since photobucket took them out the first time. C'mon! A**cracks are OK but not nipples! Sheesh, where are the standards of decency these days. :mrgreen:

A worthy addition to the Murata library. I'll put up Ugetsu's UE3 later, so stay tuned!
K2kevn

Re: Range Murata - C73 Swag

Postby shawn » March 7th, 2008, 6:49 pm

Nice haul, Kev. I want that Throw Line and UE3 doujin real bad. :cry3: Where'd you get yours? Some deputy service?
屁をひって尻窄め
shawn

Location: Latitude 50° 48' 5'' North Longitude 1° 4' 35'' West

Postby K2kevn » March 8th, 2008, 3:05 am

Hey Shawn,

I used http://www.comiketservice.com/ since our usual source has vanished. :cry: They provide good service AND they don't mark up the price of the doujinshi. Pretty good selection, but they don't have large quantities so you have to order right away on the popular artists (Murata, Ugetsu, etc) or they get sold out quickly. BUT you have to wait. C73 was back in December. Ash (the contact for comiketservice) didn't put the books on the site until February. He does take requests on future events, though no guarantees. Packaging is good (not as good as our usual source). My Murata calendar was bent on one corner because the calendar wasn't attached to the box so it shifted to the corner where the postal service promptly banged it during transport. Ash felt bad that one of the items I ordered was sold out already so he even included Murata's 2007 calendar too for free! Can't complain even though that was bent on one corner too! I recommend them highly since using a deputy service is VERY expensive. Hopes that helps. PM me if you have any further questions.
K2kevn

Postby cbeley » March 8th, 2008, 6:22 am

thanks for posting the pictures....I really wish I could have gotten Throw Line....Even if I still can, I don't think I should be spending more money, but i'm a little jelouse.

However, I think a few of those pictures appear in Re Futurhythm which is currently on its way to me (and I own the ribbon style figure ^^ )...but there are some there which I am pretty sure are not in that book :-(
Wooo~ Signature goes here! 42~
cbeley

Postby Emperor XLII » March 9th, 2008, 12:50 am

The last page (not pictured above) is of a simple text design for a "Hope 21" shipping box, and includes the url "http://www1.ingnet.or.jp/hope21/". My ISP doesn't recognize the domain, and a few cursory searches didn't turn up anything. Just curious if anyone overseas knows whether the site exists or not :)
Emperor XLII

Postby BennyFuentes » March 15th, 2008, 5:14 pm

I´ve been trying to get the three latest Murata doujins at Yahoo Auctions but curiously they´re not in stock :(

as for the link, it doesn´t work for me.
BennyFuentes

Postby val » March 16th, 2008, 4:07 am

Benny,

I have the stuff for you. I started a job recently, and am still trying to get on my feet. It's been hell in Japan.

K2kev,

The 2007 calendar was sold with 2008. Range Murata still had 1500 copies of 2007, so he only printed 1500 copies of 2008, and sold them together at comiket. I assume Comiket buys at Comiket so there was no special free item on their part. If you read his site, it does say the items were together.
val

Postby val » March 16th, 2008, 4:13 am

BTW,

Range Murata is working on Last Exile 2. It releases in 2010.

He's also releasing an English art book for the US market. I got him copies of the two bootleg artbooks, and he took them to Wani. In response to the bootlegs being sold widely across the world (he even saw one in a store in Spain recently), they're making a compilation of all RM's art books for the Western Market. It will be sold/published by Wani in Japan but distributed outside of Japan. It will feature art from Like A Balance Life, futurhythm, and formcode. It's due to release later this year, and will price much lower than Japan's prices. If you can read Japanese, I believe it's also mentioned on his web site (the English side).
val

Postby psycho013 » March 16th, 2008, 7:13 am

Whoa, that's awesome news. Especially since I can grab a copy to paw through, as I only handle the ones I have with utmost care and caution.

Welcome back, Val. When you have a minute, PM me. I have stuff to send you, but no address.
psycho013

Postby val » March 16th, 2008, 8:08 pm

Hey psycho013, I sent you a PM. Thanks.

To everyone else --

I'm going through the absolutely worst time in my life, and frankly, I want to leave Japan. I can't leave though because I feel like I owe you guys too much and so I am only staying here to work long enough to bring closure to unresolved issues from the store and my bills in Japan. Things are really incredibly bad for me right now. You guys just dont' know, and I don't expect you to understand but the reality is that I am broke and it's been this way since October 2007. I have bill collectors at my door daily and the hospital is hounding me at all hours for $25,000. Unfortunately, this is Japan, so there are few laws around bill collection. Anyways, if I'm not saying anything, it's because i have nothing to say but I'm trying like hell to get things together. On a good note, I've lost weight and I'm working for a Japanese company now. However, payday is once a month and the pay period starts once a month, so I don't get my first paycheck until one month after my first pay period start date which is the end of April. I'm currently working Tuesday through Saturday. I wake at 5am and get home after 9pm, so I don't have much time to do anything else. However, I'm committed to staying with this until I can leave Japan with a clear conscience, and will likely return to working in the financial district at SF whenever i can get out of Japan. I'm sorry to anyone waiting for me, but there is nothing I can do to make that go away right now. I literally have nothing to my name right now, and am living off the generosity of others which I feel awful about already because it's gone on too long.

Anyways, I probably won't stop by again for quite some time. Once I figure more out, I will be back.

Val
val

Postby BennyFuentes » March 16th, 2008, 8:10 pm

Hi Val, I know you have my copies, but a friend of mine asked me to get them for him, that´s why I´ve been looking at Yahoo Auctions recently, plus I thought it would better to let the guys at the forum know that they´re not available anymore over there :(

and I quiet understand what you´re going through, since I was like that a few years ago, just hang in there and be strong !
BennyFuentes

Postby MrDisco » March 23rd, 2008, 4:41 pm

k2: i'm jealous! i need to find copies of Range's newewst stuff.

how do i use comiket?

val: hope things work out for the best
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby matman » April 22nd, 2008, 11:10 am

I hope things get less complicated for you, val. I'm in a spot where I don't want to be in as well but trying to leave asap, so let's hang in there, ya!

BTW: I finally got a couple extra copies of Throw Line, but I'm also in a bit of "complicated finical" matters that need to be dealt with first.
Rest assured, if you guys are interested, I'll have them up for sale for the same price I paid for in the next week or so.
matman

Postby MrDisco » April 25th, 2008, 4:59 am

i'm definitely interested...i'm missing a bunch of murata and yt stuff as of late
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby cbeley » April 25th, 2008, 11:57 pm

I'm also probably interested. I'm sort of on a pause for spending money so if it's too expensive, I may just have to pass, but there is a good chance I'd love to take one off of your hands :-P I'll keep an eye on this thread.

EDIT: though, considering how much I like murata, I may end up just ignoring my poor wallet's weight... :X

EDIT2: Thought I would mention that I don't have any money in my paypal account at the moment, so I'd have to transfer it, which takes a few days :S I hope that doesn't mean someone will beat me to it or something...:S
Wooo~ Signature goes here! 42~
cbeley

Next

Return to Doujinshi