Comiket 75 Shopping lists!

All about doujinshi

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Re: Comiket 75 Shopping lists!

Postby K2kevn » February 5th, 2009, 7:37 pm

Geez, Nat, we have similar tastes regarding art. I received my C75 shipment last week among other things. Here's what I got:

From left to right starting at the top:

Yellow Tag's EIDOS (Hakua Ugetsu), PSE's ALL THE WAY HOME (Range Murata), SEC's Mixturegraph (Nagi)
Yellow Tag's UE4, Redjuice INSIDE, Gurirui 9

Glass Heart 4, Type Moon Concept Art, Type Moon Unlimited 2009 Calendar from the March Issue of Comptiq Ace,
Limited Edition of Fate Zero Tribute Arts which inluded the extra Rough Sketch book and cardboard Slip Cover for the two books, and finally the January issue of Comics Ryu which includes a poster by Shirow. The poster is not even of the cover image.

Anybody want additional pix/info on anything just ask!
Last edited by K2kevn on February 6th, 2009, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K2kevn

Postby MrDisco » February 5th, 2009, 11:45 pm

I'ld be curious to see pics from:

Gurirui 9
Limited Edition of Fate Zero Tribute Arts
Glass Heart 4
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby ai-chan » February 6th, 2009, 5:28 am

* Glass Heart 4
* Limited Edition of Fate Zero Tribute Arts
ai-chan

Postby K2kevn » February 6th, 2009, 6:25 pm

GLASS HEART 4 has 30 full color-pages - very nice - probably try to pick up some of the earlier ones. He looks to do a lot of novel covers and character design. Figured I'd take pix of most (if not all) pages so you guys can make an informed buying decision. :)

K2kevn

Postby nat » February 7th, 2009, 12:11 am

Nice buys K2kevn, I picked up several of those too :D I didn't know there was a limited edition for the Tribute Arts, I saw the sketch book later on on Toranoana, but I didn't pick it up. Oh well... I think I've already gone overboard on buying (with still one shipment left to arrive) but there are a lot that I enjoyed this year. My new favorite artists are Hikeshi, HUKE, Redjuice, and az + play. Most of the others were ones I liked before and some were experimental and disappointing ;D But if I don't try, I'll never know, right?

I numbered the items, so you can just match up the title with the number. I don't have all the titles translated, and I might typo since there are so many, but if you have questions about any of them or want to see pictures, just ask and I'll try to accommodate.

1: Vocaloid Illustrations, 2: Serene Adagio Solo 9 (Gensho Sugiyama), 3: Gururi Vol 9 (Yuuri Nishikawa), 4: Mao Momiji Colors Vol 02, 5: Mao Momiji Colors Vol 03, 6: KEI "Last", 7: KEI Illustrations Vol 3, 8: Kantoku Zetsubo Sensei Illustrations, 9: OXIJIYEN'S ILLUSTRATION WORKS, 10: プリンセス (Princess) by 丼ぐり, 11: KWK Kawaku Works Kaleidoscope, 12: GLASS HEART 4, 13: WNB Mako Tatekawa, 14: Mikeou PIX3 (Pink CHUCHU), 15: ぽちたま5, 16: Die Kette Hanamaru Nanto, 17: S (Collection of Nanoha Illustrations), 18: The Evening Star, 19: Color Defragmentation (Ryo Ueda), 20: Happiness, 21: Ryo Ueda Alice Clear File, 22: Fancy Fantasia 2009 Calendar, 23: Fururi Touhou Book, 24: EIDOS, 25: Koge Koge House (Koge Donbo), 26: Fireworks PLUS Hanamaru Nanto

27: Shinguyan, 28: Maki (enpitsu) Granu Co. Ltd, 29: VORTEX by Jason, 30: OKAMA Dress Nipples, 31: Rainbowlips V-Edition, 32: [Furu] color 2003-2006, 33: HUKE BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER VISUAL WORKS, 34: Soul Habitant by 水島とーり, 35: Les Bijoux by 野田みれい, 36: Dite Calamaio Climbing Plants, 37: FA-FA by 湯キリコ, 38: REI'S ROOM MAIDISM, 39: Maki (enpitsu) Hamburgirls, 40: SUGAR BOUQUET, 41: POP Electromagnetic Wave こわれかけのオルゴール アニメ同人誌, 42: RioMiku by Momo (もものぺーじ), 43: Go! ON! Girls! by Sayaka and V8, 44: Edel Farben by You Shiina, 45: Kantoku Check x Check, 46: ウルトラスーパーフラグメント by 内藤隆

47: Gocky Club (Keiji Gotoh) 2009 Calendar, 48: [Concept] TYPE-MOON Illustrations, 49: Fate/Zero Tribute Arts

50: YUGMIX 2008 Summer, 51: POP Electromagnetic Wave Touhou art works, 52: Hana Goyomi by 野田みれい, 53: QP Chick Colors #1, 54: QP Chick Colors #2, 55: Hato Rami CRESENT, 56: カスタードメルヘン by Adhumi Tohru, 57: Latte di Fragola by 水瀬るるう, 58: TAKOASHIN Code Number Vol. 2.5/Snow Flow, 59: GRAND GLADIATOR-testament-Design Works 03 by 小林ちさと & 不破和也, 60: Lovely Heart Yoshi Wo Illustrations 2004-2008, 61: TRIP/ちもうっけ(うっけ), 62: UB Okama Useless Beauty, 63: M3W Ver 7 mIWA sHIROW, 64: Miwa Shirow Tribute to Yu Ito, 65: Pretty Present Perfect REI'S ROOMS, 66: Dite BIRDCAGE, 67: Cut A Dash 2009 Calendar, 68: Cut A Dash Equisse VII

69: Tinkle Byakuya Chai Illustrations, 70: SAYAKA Armistice, 71: Ito Noizi Girl's Uniforms, 72: Mitsumi Misato Illustrations, 73: Redjuice Inside, 74: Miki Mishiyata 12 Months of School CORAIL, 75: 0 by 赤りんご (circle: az+play), 76: Hiroyuki IMAISHI Gurren Lagann Production, 77: HUKEPIC 05, 78: Enomoto 13, 79: The Swinging Brompton, 80: Takeshi Okazaki Rei Clear File , 81: Rco Wada Damsel in Distress, 82: Range Murata All the Way Home, 83: Girls Cycle, 84: M20 by Mario Kaneda (まりお金田), 85: Rco Wada Toka + Toka, 86: Takeshi Okazaki 159, 87: Shikabane Hime Works
nat

Postby MrDisco » February 7th, 2009, 12:20 am

holy @#$@%^ crap! and i thought i spent a lot last month :O It's going to take me time just going through your post

edit: my e-wiener just shrank a ton lol
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby Siye » February 7th, 2009, 4:57 am

OLIE M OLY! INDEED! Someone broke the bank! lol

Oh ya and Nat, if you dun mind me asking. How do you even KNOW of so many circles? I'm assuming you live outside Japan??
Simply doing the related research must have taken a very long time and a huge load of dedication.
Siye

Postby K2kevn » February 7th, 2009, 5:19 am

Nat! The amount of books you bought is INSANE! You weren't kidding when you said you would pick up books to pad your order. Sheesh, my piddly purchases grovels to yours. Now I have to research some of your purchases to see if I should check them out.
K2kevn

Postby ai-chan » February 7th, 2009, 6:21 am

Awesome Nat!! 80+ artbooks and counting .... that's one humongous purchase xd!
ai-chan

Postby jesus_freak » February 7th, 2009, 5:43 pm

nat wrote:http://www.toranoana.jp/mailorder/article/04/0010/16/72/040010167211.html
16 pages, full color. It's definitely an amusing idea. Question, is the picture less offensive if her nipples are dressed? I mean, pasties seem to be an acceptable cover up and tiny bikinis are okay after all...

How to buy on this website ? (I'm interested by an artbook called GELATIN available on the website)

EDIT: They don't accept orders from overseas... :( If someone know where to get the book i would appreciate. thanks.^^
jesus_freak

Postby nat » February 7th, 2009, 5:50 pm

Believe me, I really got carried away with it. I didn't really know a lot of circles, what I did was just keep checking Toranoana and Melonbooks to see their new listings. From there, I'd look at the artist's website to see if the book was full color or not, and if I liked the style and that was basically my criteria for buying. And usually, when I was on an artist's site, I'd see what else they released that was an art collection or links to others and it grew from there ~_~ On the bright side, now I know a lot of circles, and there were definitely some good ones out there I was missing. I'll definitely be more selective in the future, since I better know what to expect.

Also, it wouldn't have been so much, but January was a really bad month for art books (still nothing coming out that I would buy until the end of February) so that's where the allotted budget went.

And jesus_freak, to buy on Toranoana you need to use a deputy service like Shopping Mall Japan or Crescent Shop. You can get Gelatin off of Amazon JP (back ordered at the moment) directly though, I'm getting it too for the HUKE and KEI art in it :D All things considered, all those options would likely cost about the same.
nat

Postby jesus_freak » February 7th, 2009, 6:10 pm

Thanks for the deputy service websites, i've never heard about this kind of service before, it's good to know.^^
The buyers reviews on amazon.co.jp don't seems to be really good.
jesus_freak

Postby Siye » February 8th, 2009, 2:37 am

Ah... so you really are "one of us" and yet you have managed a very impressive haul. Whew, must have been alot of work.

I really like Sayaka's artwork. I just get kinda pissed his releases are SO thin and yet pricey (600-800yen ish?).

I'm a big fan of Adumi Tohru too. How is her newest doujin? Do you think it was worth the money?
Siye

Postby nat » February 8th, 2009, 10:04 pm

Hahaha, yeah, "one of us." I don't feel like there are any constraints left to not being in Japan and still buying whatever books that I'd want. Siye, Adumi Tohru's new doujin is nice, but it feels a bit short and were I to do it again, I probably wouldn't get it. I'll add pictures for it later though. But for now, I took some pictures of some my favorite purchases, which I would recommend if you happen to get your hands on them.

Rainbowlips V-Edition
Cover:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

AZ + Play [0]
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Huke - HukePic 05
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

And more to come later :D
nat

Postby K2kevn » February 11th, 2009, 4:56 am

NICE, Nat! I'll look for those next time I do a deputy order.

Continuing our JPEG orgy. Gururi #8 by Yuuri Nishiwaki has 50 pages, half being full color, the other half being the rough sketches/concepts of the full-color images. I guess I'll have to pick up #9 since I didn't know it was out. Here's a sample:

K2kevn

PreviousNext

Return to Doujinshi