C73 - PSE, Yellow Tag, ABe

All about doujinshi

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

C73 - PSE, Yellow Tag, ABe

Postby val » December 31st, 2007, 9:05 am

Range Murata released a 2008 Poster Calendar (similar to his 2007) and a color/monchome doujin (similar to Lines Union). I don't know if you guys know but Manganomori's doujin shop went out of business last July. Although their main store had much more than doujinshi, it closed completely, and they actually returned most of the doujinshi, including all of RM's doujin titles that were in stock. They were the main source in Japan for Comitia artists, including Range Murata & Yellow Tag. Normally, RM does not sell out because his stuff is expensive and Manganomori always had ample stock. However, most fans in Japan missed out on Line's Union beause it was only sold at Keibunsha which is a very small shop in Southern Japan. They only buy about 50 copies of each release. The owner is an artist who is friends w/Murata. They may increase their initial stock but even so, they won't attract enough people because they don't have Manganomori's name, traffic and buyers. Anyways, both products sold out before I got to the table. I don't think he has extra stock of 2008 either so I don't know where you will find it but if you see either, I'd snatch it up fast.

Yellow Tag/Ugetsu Hakua released a B4 art book with 3 other artists as circle 42. Although there was stock, I simply couldn't afford Ugetsu this time. The book is an art book and big at b4 size. That's the size of Intron Depot (excluding vol 1) and Der Mond/Die Stern. It's equivalent to two B5 doujinshi, side-by-side. It was too expensive to buy in volume or justify w/some many other artists who don't make high priced doujin for Comiket.

Before you start searching for just these 2 artists new works, you should know that it's going to be expensive and you should expect to pay around $95+ if they seller is semi-fair. If the seller tried to double their money, it will cost around $125 for just YT & RM. It's disappointing to me when artists price stuff like this so high. I'd rather see 2 releases with the cost split in half but I'm sure they're trying to increase their profit per item by making the product extra nice with the highest quality for doujin.

ABe released another sketch book, like the thick sketch book he made for C72, as well as a thinner doujinshi w/manga. I plan to order directly again but I don't know when that will be.... It depends on ABe's schedule. Unlike the others, he's always reasonable w/prices.

I feel like I'm going to let people down, and if so, I sincerely apologize. I'm in no position right now to buy their works because it's a huge upfront cost. Just between RM and YT, if you bought one copy of each title at event price, it would have cost 6500yen out of pocket, and that's at the artist's special, reduced price. It's highly unfortunate. I imagine YT is going to price high after the event.
Last edited by val on December 31st, 2007, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
val

Re: C73 - PSE, Yellow Tag, ABe

Postby washone » December 31st, 2007, 3:16 pm

Do you know anything about the sketchbook YT was releasing? All that I could gather from the short blog entry was that it was going to be called "U3". I saw a few of them listed on yahoo but there isn't a page count at least none that I saw. The studio 42 book looks to be similar to the Robot color comic series.

happy new year everyone
washone

Postby val » December 31st, 2007, 4:44 pm

Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of the sketch book until now. I went to the table for 42. Did he have another table? I went to the one on 42's blog. I just realized that the blog is likely for 42 only.

As far as YT is concerned, he splits his stock between Comiket & Comitia. He also puts his books in Toranoana & Melon, so I would wait a couple weeks if the prices are high. I don't know if 42 will be in stores.

Speaking of Robot, I picked up a flyer for volume 1 of Dragon Fly. The series is a new spin-off of Robot but it's focused on one artist and it's B5. Vol 1 is Shigeki Maeshima. It's 1800+ tax. That's cheaper than 42. It releases in January 2007. There's no release day, just a month, so it probably won't happen by this month but you never know.

PS.
It's 1:40 AM, Jan 1, 2008, in Japan! Happy New Year!
val

Postby val » December 31st, 2007, 11:59 pm

Range Murata's new book & calendar (has some new prints not in 2007):
http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/auc?p=%C2%BC%C5%C4%CF%A1%BC%A4+%28%A5%B3%A5%DF%A5%B173+%A5%B3%A5%DF%A5%B1+73%29&auccat=0

As you will see, most sellers are jacking up the price. RM normally has a small markup but you can find his work now in Tokyo.
val

Postby val » January 1st, 2008, 12:06 am

Ugg,

If you look at the listings, you will see seller, bokuhatiger. He is spamming keywords and doesn't even have any C73 stuff for sale. He is trying to sell pages from AZURE and a CD of (scanned??) stuff from C72.
val

Postby val » January 1st, 2008, 12:21 am

Here's Yellow Tag/42:
http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/sear ... 9&auccat=0

The doujinshi must have sold out. Looks like it may have cost 500 yen. I'm sure it will be in stores. The bigger item that looks like 2 posters side-by-side is the 42 book. It's twice the size of the doujinshi.

All of the sellers on Yahoo are starting at either cost or below cost. They probably want people to bid. With the RM auctions, I've only seen one calendar & one book started at cost.
val

Postby washone » January 1st, 2008, 4:30 am

Looking at the listings for the YT book none seems to have a page count and neither does the blog entry on the YT site. I was hoping that some one would have a few pages scanned with their auctions. The "42" book makes the UE3 look like a pamphlet that would come with a dvd. Is the 42 book a manga or art and manga?

The RM book looks promising, hopefully we'll see some scans of the interior. I've never been much for calenders, they look really nice but I'd end up not using it or hoarding it away to keep it in pristine condition. It seems like the last few RM releases haven't been as popular as the spheres series. Usually a few months after comiket or sooner you could find scans of the complete or portions of the doujins floating around the web. I like to hold books in my hand but it's nice to see what your plunking down your money for. As always thanks for the info it is much appreciated....

cheers
25 mins and counting......
washone

Postby MrDisco » January 2nd, 2008, 9:09 pm

Thank you for the update Val. Hopefully those YT and PSE will pop-up somewhere for us to purchase.
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby BennyFuentes » January 3rd, 2008, 4:48 pm

I guess I´ll have to use my Crescent Shop account again, I don´t want to get ripped off by Shoujokaka, thanks for the info, Val :D
BennyFuentes

Postby MrDisco » January 3rd, 2008, 4:51 pm

what is Crescent Shop?

hmm..perhaps someone could start a primer on how to use those Yahoo! Japan proxy bidding sites?
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby BennyFuentes » January 3rd, 2008, 5:00 pm

http://www.crescent-shop.com/

they´re like a buying agent for Yahoo Auctions, very little commission charged and the EMS Shipping Rates are the usual, no high or hidden rates there
BennyFuentes

Postby val » January 4th, 2008, 1:57 am

Benny, I sent you a PM. Please read it. Thanks. :)

I will post more pics/images of the books soon. I'm working on that but am a bit busy too. Thanks
val

Postby BennyFuentes » January 4th, 2008, 4:21 am

;)
BennyFuentes

Postby nat » January 6th, 2008, 2:49 am

I was watching the auctions on January 1st/2nd and saw a bunch of the RM 2008 calendars for sale, along with the book going for 4,000 to 8,000円 at their final sales and like an idiot, I just assumed there'd be more later. Should have bought it then >_<

Does anyone have info on the content for the Keiji Gotoh Gokikura 21 C73 doujin or the Medley of Design one by Yasuomi Umetsu (しし座流星軍 梅津泰臣)? I've searched in YJ, but it's mostly just cover pictures and I can't read :3
nat

Postby val » January 6th, 2008, 6:39 am

Spoke w/Murata and he'll have the calendar & book for sale again at Comitia. I wouldn't pay 8000 yen for his stuff because it's bound to go down in price eventually. However, it doesn't surprise me that there are only a few listings on Yahoo because the "resellers" had trouble making a profit on PSE in the past, so they probably didn't buy much. Now that Manganomori is out of the doujin business, there are likely more fans from within Japan checking Yahoo. If so, I would wait until after Comitia before I thought about buying off Yahoo.

Keiji Gotoh's doujinshi can really vary in content from rough art to storyboards to adult manga. I'm not familiar with the current release, and didn't see him a Comiket.

I'm not familiar with the other artist. Who is he? What's he known for?
val

Next

Return to Doujinshi