Toyslogic - New management and free figure upon screw ups.

Discuss about retail and online stores, as well as auction sellers

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Toyslogic - New management and free figure upon screw ups.

Postby Syn13 » May 6th, 2010, 12:00 pm

Because their pre-order system sucks! I know their level of services has dropped in the past year or two but this is unbelievable! I have a 1/6 EBcraft Selvaria Bles pre-ordered with them and this was slightly last minute as all the "reliable" shops have sold out of pre-orders or even past deadline.
This figure is stated to be released mid April for them and after I made payment, I got the typical payment confirm and etc but no shipping notice. I've soon contacted them about it being curious that my money has been taken out of my credit card and there is absolutely no record of this order in my account. in the typical time of response, they responded by:
ToysLogic wrote:
Thank you for your order.

We apologize for the inconvnenience, it seems the order on the website have been deleted by an error. We will be able to ship your order out this week or early next week, an email will be sent to you with a tracking number as soon as it is shipped.

PLease let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Ivy Giang

This was dated on April 20th 2010, ten days later I receive another invoice notification on an order I've made months ago for my brother which doesn't make any sense at all!
So I sent another email being that it has been two weeks of nothing and now I haven't received anything yet!

This is absolutely the last time I am putting up with TL, being that there have been annoying mistakes in the past with my orders. They've officially been black listed in my list of stores to consider to even buy from now even if it's an item that's in stock!!

No matter now, I just want a real order update on my Selvaria which I've paid for already! This is the reason why I've been purchasing about 99% of my stuff from Mark(BigP Collectibles), he's one of the BEST!

I've posted something like this on 4chan's /toy/ section, being that the people of that section buys alot of their figmas, revoltechs, articulated figures or anything remotely Japanese from North America, they agreed that people need to stop ordering from them since they're not exactly cheap nor their releases match Japanese dates and their constant botch ups. TL needs a wake up call that they're really getting bad rep!

July 12 2010 Title Edited
Thread title changed thanks to some new rep from TL promising a free figure if they got your order screwed up in the past, I've voiced my opinion about them and I think getting a free figure is going to get into more problems like drakanity posted.
And yes, if you check all my posts, I "flame" companies and hate them all sooooooooo much while in reality, it's only been Toys Logic and one incident with 1999.co.jp(involing the leaning straight out of the box 1/8 Sol International Lamia Loveless PVC figure and how it's the manufacturer's fault and not 1999's fault).
Last edited by Syn13 on July 12th, 2010, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syn13

Re: Toyslogic - Stop ordering from them!

Postby ettendu » July 7th, 2010, 3:34 am

Just want to clarify this mishap from TL, did you actually receive the item? And Since TL is also a legit business, do you know the consequence of just flaming the title like "Stop ordering from them" would hurt them so much please be a bit sensible, and if it doesn't work for you, doesn't mean that it doesn't work for others.

TL has recently done a major reorg, and have a new management team. They now have licenses on several major titles includes One Piece, Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, and more to come.

I personally would apologize and even willing to give out some compensation for those that has been affected by our bad service in the past years, but just flaming us with this kind of title is really unacceptable.
ettendu

Postby ettendu » July 7th, 2010, 3:36 am

Just want to reiterate, for those of you out who think they have been affected by TL service, I will personally consider and read their complains, and if it indeed our fault, and caused you any major inconvenient, I am willing to compensate any of you for a gift or even a free figure, so please feel free to contact us, and we will evaluate at a case by case basis
ettendu

Postby DualSoul » July 7th, 2010, 6:09 pm

ettendu wrote:Just want to clarify this mishap from TL, did you actually receive the item? And Since TL is also a legit business, do you know the consequence of just flaming the title like "Stop ordering from them" would hurt them so much please be a bit sensible, and if it doesn't work for you, doesn't mean that it doesn't work for others.

This statement would be relevant if Syn13 had just left the heading and nothing else, but as you can see from his post, he has a valid reason for being, putting it lightly, discontent. On top of that, your comment about the system working for some but not for others just reeks of shoddy business management, as the service should be consistent to all customers, old or new, preorder, backorder or instock sales. Most people surfing the web are savvy enough to not just read the topic of threads and base their opinions on those alone. Heck, if people were this easily influenced, it'd be just as easy to spam all message boards with the title "BUY ALL ANIME GOODS FROM TOYSLOGIC" to have them flocking to your virtual store shelves.

ettendu wrote:TL has recently done a major reorg, and have a new management team. They now have licenses on several major titles includes One Piece, Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, and more to come.

I personally would apologize and even willing to give out some compensation for those that has been affected by our bad service in the past years, but just flaming us with this kind of title is really unacceptable.

The offer for compensation strikes me as a shush bribe, but that might be just my take on it. It would be nice to know whether this situation has been resolved or not however.

EDIT: I'm all for companies trying to turn their businesses around to better serve their customers and clean up their images, but this post just sounds like someone whining because their bad service caught up to them and bit them in the ass. I would welcome being shown otherwise though.
DualSoul

Postby drakanity » July 12th, 2010, 7:37 am

I have to agree with Syn13. Seems they are also trying to cover things up by having someone post on myfigurecollection as well.

I tried to like TL due to them being one store to have a forum and their prices were decent, but now service and prices are bad. They always "seem" to be working on it, but apparently it still persists.

They really need to take a page out of a place like Amazon and figure out what customer service and competitive pricing are.

Good thing I stopped buying as much. Toyslogic stock prices without shipping and tax (if you are in CA) would still be more expensive than if you imported directly from Japan (with shipping). Tax used to even out prices due to cheaper shipping in CA, but they did away with that as well. So it is even worse for people in CA.

DualSoul wrote:The offer for compensation strikes me as a shush bribe, but that might be just my take on it. It would be nice to know whether this situation has been resolved or not however.

Perhaps it is. I originally thought it was a good gesture by them, and was going to give them one last chance. I accepted their little gift offer, yet they still managed to mess it up.

They said they were going to offer me a gift and have it shipped on their expense. So I was to pay nothing for it. I felt bad, so I went ahead and decided I might just add a figure to the order to help them as well. I used their shipping system and put the free item to my cart. Shipping was X amount. Next, I tried to add both items in my cart. The shipping was the same.

So I verified and asked if they can add that figure to the gift because they were already shipping me the gift. I also explained that it costs the same whether or not I added the figure. So shipping the figure would be technically be free. Due to the fact that they just changed their shipping method recently and started using only flat rate, they no longer offered cheaper shipping which is why adding both items would cost the same. They said it was ok. So I went ahead with it.

And what do you know? They charged me shipping.

I've already posted here about my many previous bad experiences, but they couldn't even get this one right.

ettendu wrote:Just want to reiterate, for those of you out who think they have been affected by TL service, I will personally consider and read their complains, and if it indeed our fault, and caused you any major inconvenient, I am willing to compensate any of you for a gift or even a free figure, so please feel free to contact us, and we will evaluate at a case by case basis

Is that why you kept trying to pretend you didn't know what was happening, and kept having me settle the issue with Mark even though you were the one who offered me this? He didn't know what was going on. Finally, we get you into the picture and you seemed so rude and shocked saying "you expected shipping to be free?" The cost would have been the same with or without the figure and I asked you beforehand if it was ok. If I would have known, I would not have added the figure. Also considering you were trying to "make up" for past bad experiences, and I also helped TL by buying something else, that wasn't how I would have thought the situation would have been handled. You basically just told me off after that.

So that would be something like 5 out of my last 7 orders I had with them that I had some sort of issue with. That was the last straw and I have not shopped there since. I've had better experiences with even "worse" rated stores such as Anime Wild.
drakanity

Postby Syn13 » July 12th, 2010, 5:11 pm

First of all, a little update, it took a couple of emails prior to receiving my EBCraft Selvaria but the funny thing was that it was shipped through Priority Shipping from UPS. As nice as this gesture was and congrats in the new team but there are far too many issues in the past that will remind me not to use TL's services. Prices and deals aside, I would rather do business with someone who knows what's going on with my items rather than countless automated notifications.

I'm usually a very civil person, in the beginning when there were a few mess ups with TL, I would voice a concern then I would get the typical "we're sorry" email...okay, that's fine but after the incident involving my account and having my brother's AmEx card charged was the turning point. My brother had a call from them to you guys "offering" him a Kuji Ichiban C.C. figure if you guys were to come into more stock which later you guys did have but were selling them only as a bundle with the other gold prizes together(the unpopular Zero Helmet + Empire gold bust). Not being my issue anymore, I left it with my brother(Michael Ng), and for some reason, I guess he used a "this is one less customer you'll have" argument because apparently instead of the promise he had, he had received a $10 voucher. I didn't mind the $10 voucher for a credit card charge which was easily rectified but the fact that someone told him that him as one less of a customer wouldn't affect their business was where it really got me. There were also many other things ZERO-TYPE has been posting that concerned me and made me check everyone of my orders when it came to paying for them(the addition $5 charge that no one understood was thing).

I understand the fact that one of my pre-order was sold on me without a response after sending an email during the automated "Your item is ready" notification, I understand why my Selvaria Bles has not been recorded into my account with the VIP Status change YET, I understand the constant delay notification even after receiving an item ready notification, I understand item cancellation(Amiami Zero Yoko) notification, I understand the invoices sent to me months after purchase AND not being the current invoice of an item I've purchased, I understand why a small $9 keychain had a $20 shipping rate and I HAD to argue why it would be better to get combined into an upcoming order I had, and etc...
Because that was your old management and now people shouldn't worry about problems with the new management because you said so...or free figure will be rewarded...?

I'm sorry, that doesn't help someone that has been into the hobby for 3 years now, it might not sound like a long time but within the 3 years, many things has changed in the hobby including hobby popularity and price hikes(x2) and Kotobukiya's localization in American. Toys Logic is the only company to give me so many problems that I could list off the fly and it would be so EASY for me to refer to other shops with constant promos and better service that doesn't confuse the customer:
BigPFieffer: Custom orders, flat rate shipping and a reliable dealer that will respond as soon as he can who isn't afraid to tell you the truth. One of the only dealer I purchase from now. Also a regular member and collector here, Mark and Susan has a big heart for this hobby and their customers!
Hobby Link Japan: A standard shop that is tried and true.
1999.co.jp: Deals out better dealers and better returning customer system, no need to spend a certain amount to receive rewards.
Ami Ami: Another reliable shop, possibly top three in Japan next to 1999.co.jp & HLJ.
EX Japan/Yokattaweb Middle Man services: Yup, I saw the KyoAni exclusive Mio from your site for pre-order, but instead of receiving countless delays and item ready notifications, I decided to pay a little extra for something I will get on release date which will be in August(and that's only because the August release is the second batch while the first batch comes out this month).

I could change the title of this thread(or even have one of the mods do it) but all that relates to the ugly business face I had to deal with before your "new management" team and like I said, I still stand firm on who I will be buying from in the future with no considerations going through Toys Logic. 2 people isn't alot but the figures we've bought are alot including the misc. toy items we buy as well.
A free figure doesn't mean squat to me if I'm still being treated the same, unfair or nothing has changed, I'm sorry but I still believe in customer service and how they should be satisfied instead of having something thrown in the faces meaning because it's "free" when something goes wrong.

Long type and many grammar errors but I'm sleepy at the moment and I don't type properly when I have to post up something that's really obvious.

added:
I can get more details of my brother's incident if anyone wants, I just know the jist of it being that at the time of when it happened, I've pretty much stopped buying from TL.

more added:
Well it seems that TL's new management team is one person from what I've seen from their forums which handles communications...not really reassuring and I took a look at their "Suggestions and Feedback" section, looks like they'll be compensating for a lot of customers because it looks like it's 90% charged for items delayed issues which isn't that far from what happened to me.

Can I get an insight on the whole Tsuki/myfigurecollection.net board incident?
I've heard TL hiring people to write positive things about them there.

I'm just going to leave my post where it is, I'm surprised that ettendu never even bothered to send me a personal message or even an email about this incident which IMO, should be the first thing to do when straightening out "a conflict".
Syn13

Postby drakanity » July 14th, 2010, 4:39 am

Syn13 wrote:Can I get an insight on the whole Tsuki/myfigurecollection.net board incident?
I've heard TL hiring people to write positive things about them there.

Well it's not really much of an incident per se, but still not exactly smooth sailing. I don't know about the "write positive things" part because I don't lurk enough lol.

So I'm not sure if you can see these, but I think you can since it is in the comments section and not in the discussions. Discussions require you to join that particular club, but that is easy enough.

I broke it down. Some of the responses from TL sort of irritated me. While it seems like a good gesture and I understand where they are coming from, it seems like the same old story.

Here's Genshijin post (apparently he works for TL now) http://myfigurecollection.net/comment.p ... &id=214355

*side note* I find it dumb that you have to buy from the Clearance and that technically means your clearance item would be the free item most likely. *end side note*

So he posts a few more figures that were added to clearance.

Some comments that were written after Genshijin posted some figures for the clearance
http://myfigurecollection.net/comment.p ... &id=214739
http://myfigurecollection.net/comment.p ... &id=214915
http://myfigurecollection.net/comment.p ... &id=214941

Then agcpictures posts: http://myfigurecollection.net/comment.p ... &id=214961

Going to use A and G for short now.

G: http://myfigurecollection.net/comment.p ... &id=215334

A: http://myfigurecollection.net/comment.p ... &id=221418

G: http://myfigurecollection.net/comment.p ... &id=222816
*note the little free shipping bit*

A: http://myfigurecollection.net/comment.p ... &id=223571

That last post was very recent (after I wrote my previous comment and apparently 3 hours before I wrote this), so it seems to possibly end well. But just little things like this over and over again also re-iterates why I don't shop there anymore.

It has been something like 2 years now since all the complaining and their service, and it is sad to see there are still these same problems. As I said, I gave them plenty of chances because I really wanted to like them. I was also never offered a free figure. I guess they stepped up their game offering bigger incentives. I was only offered some merchandise no one bought.

And I've had it all. I was also charged, and 2 weeks later, I get a "couldn't find the figure" notice so they will refund me. I've had them cancel stuff on me a couple times. Denied price matches. Charged me extra when they shouldn't have. Increased my pre-order price without notification even though they said they would send a notice. Luckily I read their forums and found out about it.

The only good thing I can say is, when you do get your order, it is like any other shop. So pretty much what you expect from any store. And they don't sell bootlegs.
drakanity

Re: Toyslogic - New management and free figure upon screw up

Postby Syn13 » July 15th, 2010, 9:41 pm

Ohhhhh I see know, yup, the guy writing up their those comments indeed work for them know from what I've looked up upon.

In the end, I'm not going to bother with Toys Logic's ability to hold an argument about their service because in between my initial post and now, I've still pretty much learned nothing. How do I know, I've personally emailed them and the response was more-less summarized as:
1. If I further more push my accusations, they will have to handle it in a "serious" matter.
2. They use a Japanese distributor which means that arrival dates are uncertain but they're among one of the only American shops to receive hard to get stuff.
3. ettendu/Eddy goes to Japan to get stuff(?)
4. Numerous notifications are sent out to tell you the status that they're still trying to get the ordered item...
5. Talks about they're not trying to make a profit and touches upon non VIP and VIP status.

I won't be posting the email due to the fact that it's a reply to my person email but once again, my initial inquiry is no different from my two posts here. In the end, I'm not going to bother with a reply or bother with Toys Logic because I am not getting the answers to problems I asked and would it hurt to have someone there check up my account? Yeah I know it's going to be inactive from now on but my major purchase should possibly be recorded for order history and I'm sure I should be qualified for VIP status now...

It's alright though, I just realized recently how infamously bad Toys Logic is so it needs no pointing out.
Syn13

Return to Discussions About Stores / Sellers