An open offer to all regulars of this forum 2009

Buy, Sell and Trade forum.

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

An open offer to all regulars of this forum 2009

Postby DualSoul » April 9th, 2009, 3:46 pm

So, with another trip to Japan planned in July, I figured I'd give this another spin. What I'm offering to all regular members is to look for anything in Japan that you may be wanting to purchase, that isn't available through online means. I think the members here have become more Japan-shopping savvy since last year, so this offer might be useless to most, but there's no harm in throwing the offer out there. Last year's attempt was mostly unfruitful, being only able to find one of one member's requests (which coincidentally, I have not given to said member yet).

This is not a proxy service. I am not taking commission on any request. All I'm promising to do is look for a request while looking for my own stuff as well. If I see it, I'll buy it, and give it to you for whatever it retailed for (plus shipping, should it apply). As such, there is no guarantee I'll find your request, and I will not be going out of my way to look for it. Requests can be sent as PMs or replies in this thread. A picture would help a long way as well.
Image
User avatar
DualSoul
 
Posts: 628
Joined: July 20th, 2005, 12:31 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: An open offer to all regulars of this forum 2009

Postby Firestorm ZERO » April 9th, 2009, 5:44 pm

Hey Dualsoul. Just wondering... How much is a trip to Japan? I plan to go whenever I get the free time.
User avatar
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: July 13th, 2005, 8:37 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario CANADA
Gender: Male

Re: An open offer to all regulars of this forum 2009

Postby DualSoul » April 9th, 2009, 6:40 pm

$675 round trip. As opposed to $1200 two years ago and $900 one year ago.
Image
User avatar
DualSoul
 
Posts: 628
Joined: July 20th, 2005, 12:31 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: An open offer to all regulars of this forum 2009

Postby BigPfeiffer » April 9th, 2009, 11:13 pm

$675 is a great price, may I ask who you're flying with??
BigPfeiffer
Site Sponser
 
Posts: 422
Joined: August 13th, 2008, 8:55 pm

Re: An open offer to all regulars of this forum 2009

Postby drakanity » April 10th, 2009, 2:52 am

There are actually some pretty good prices for tours too. Like a week with airfare, hotel, food, etc, for $1000 or so.

Thanks for doing this again DualSoul. When is the last day we can request anything?
User avatar
drakanity
 
Posts: 42
Joined: September 14th, 2007, 11:19 pm

Re: An open offer to all regulars of this forum 2009

Postby DualSoul » April 10th, 2009, 6:09 pm

BigPfeiffer wrote:$675 is a great price, may I ask who you're flying with??


Air Canada.

drakanity wrote:There are actually some pretty good prices for tours too. Like a week with airfare, hotel, food, etc, for $1000 or so.​
​​
Thanks for doing this again DualSoul. When is the last day we can request anything?


Preferably the last day would be the day of my flight, which is July 9. I will have my laptop and internet access, so technically, I will be able to check requests during my trip as well.
Image
User avatar
DualSoul
 
Posts: 628
Joined: July 20th, 2005, 12:31 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: An open offer to all regulars of this forum 2009

Postby Syn13 » April 13th, 2009, 11:12 pm

$675 for a round trip?? In Canadian currency? Wow, thats an awesome price! Well I won't miss out this year, I got one request. I'll send a pm about the item ;)
Image
User avatar
Syn13
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: November 1st, 2007, 8:20 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada
Gender: Male

Re: An open offer to all regulars of this forum 2009

Postby DualSoul » April 14th, 2009, 1:35 pm

Syn13 wrote:$675 for a round trip?? In Canadian currency? Wow, thats an awesome price! Well I won't miss out this year, I got one request. I'll send a pm about the item ;)


Yeah, it definitely is, though it is following the trend of dropping airfare prices. $1200 (2007) > $950 (2008) > $675 (2009).
Image
User avatar
DualSoul
 
Posts: 628
Joined: July 20th, 2005, 12:31 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: An open offer to all regulars of this forum 2009

Postby Syn13 » April 14th, 2009, 4:35 pm

Come on $400 in 2010... :akubi:
Image
User avatar
Syn13
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: November 1st, 2007, 8:20 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada
Gender: Male

Re: An open offer to all regulars of this forum 2009

Postby DualSoul » April 14th, 2009, 4:40 pm

According to my completely random calculations, it should be about $430 in 2010. If this turns out to be true, I'm buying a lottery ticket.
Image
User avatar
DualSoul
 
Posts: 628
Joined: July 20th, 2005, 12:31 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: An open offer to all regulars of this forum 2009

Postby Syn13 » April 14th, 2009, 9:41 pm

LOL I can plan my trip to Japan earlier too as well as picking up Super 7 then haha!
I was always curious, whenever you goto Japan, hows the language barrier? Do you know any Japanese?

My brother and wife wants me to go with them next trip(Dunno when) but my bro wants to actually see the Wonder Festival show and my Japanese sucks, I only know the Japanese Language course 1(Hiragana, basic speech, time, money and etc...).

Since I'm too busy to take JL Course 2, I should self teach myself the next character set and advanced Japanese since my textbook is used for the 2nd course.
Image
User avatar
Syn13
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: November 1st, 2007, 8:20 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada
Gender: Male

Re: An open offer to all regulars of this forum 2009

Postby Treveran » April 16th, 2009, 11:31 pm

There are some Touhou goods I'd like you to pick up for me if you spot them, if I have some cash set aside by the time you leave.

First, the doujin I mentioned in a thread in this board: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2240

Second, the Remilia and Sakuya plushies by Gift.

I'll edit this if I think of anything else.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. :3
User avatar
Treveran
 
Posts: 60
Joined: February 8th, 2009, 3:44 pm
Location: Florida
Gender: Male

Re: An open offer to all regulars of this forum 2009

Postby DualSoul » April 17th, 2009, 2:51 am

Syn13 wrote:LOL I can plan my trip to Japan earlier too as well as picking up Super 7 then haha!
I was always curious, whenever you goto Japan, hows the language barrier? Do you know any Japanese?

My brother and wife wants me to go with them next trip(Dunno when) but my bro wants to actually see the Wonder Festival show and my Japanese sucks, I only know the Japanese Language course 1(Hiragana, basic speech, time, money and etc...).

Since I'm too busy to take JL Course 2, I should self teach myself the next character set and advanced Japanese since my textbook is used for the 2nd course.


The language barrier isn't as bad as one'd think. However, do realize that 90% of the people you'll attempt to deal with struggle with even elementary level English (and I'm being generous). Having said that, why I still believe the language barrier isn't that big of a hurdle is because the Japanese are generally very understanding of this communication barrier, and become extremely apologetic when you mention that you don't understand much of what they've said. Usually, gestures, lots of pointing, and one-word responses gets one by. Regarding my Japanese, I can read some and converse in simple Japanese, but for some reason, have a lot of difficulty understanding when being spoken to (I don't have as much problems with anime for some reason)

Treveran wrote:There are some Touhou goods I'd like you to pick up for me if you spot them, if I have some cash set aside by the time you leave.

First, the doujin I mentioned in a thread in this board: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2240

Second, the Remilia and Sakuya plushies by Gift.

I'll edit this if I think of anything else.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. :3


I'll see what I can do. Pictures of the plushies would help a great deal. Money is not that big of an issue, since I can always put the purchase on credit card. Do mind the size however (I'd prefer that everything fit into a suitcase... with clothes... and my own stuff).
Image
User avatar
DualSoul
 
Posts: 628
Joined: July 20th, 2005, 12:31 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: An open offer to all regulars of this forum 2009

Postby Treveran » April 18th, 2009, 4:02 pm

I understand the suitcase struggle. When I went to AX08, I carried some of my stuff back home with me on the plane. Wasn't very comfortable! The plushies are soft and not particularly large, so should be easy to fit.

http://giftshop.jz.shopserve.jp/SHOP/n003.html Sakuya

http://giftshop.jz.shopserve.jp/SHOP/n004.html Remilia
User avatar
Treveran
 
Posts: 60
Joined: February 8th, 2009, 3:44 pm
Location: Florida
Gender: Male

Re: An open offer to all regulars of this forum 2009

Postby asgard » April 19th, 2009, 8:16 am

Oh! Oh! can I take you up on this offer?
Iam after any Range Murata doujin etc. that I am missing, list here...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2267
asgard
 
Posts: 585
Joined: October 3rd, 2005, 5:41 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Gender: Female

Next

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest