futurecode - postview

All about art books

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Postby val » August 13th, 2006, 8:12 am

Aegus wrote::)

I'm guessing the content is more sketch work for various projects?

B&W line art, drawings, & rough works from various projects. Once I get time to flip through the book closer, I'll post more
val

Postby Siye » August 13th, 2006, 8:43 am

val wrote:Siye,

I don't mind taking requests or things on the side. Those should not be sent through eBay because TC does not have a request service and eBay doesn't like us dealing with buyers that we meet through eBay. I am talking about orders at Tokyocentral and follow-up on Tokyocentral orders. For example, the order you placed for TB, you need to deal with TC on that, not me. For example, if you buy at another store, do you use a 3rd party forum to contact staff about an order?

Please don't confuse my offer to get items with listings on eBay. It's totally different, and should not be combined in your mind as one thing.

Hope that makes sense.

Oooo I got ya :) So things we purchase from you on Ebay, we should stick with ebay.. but we can still request things on the boards through pm? Yeah, I can see why you want this to prevent confusion. Sounds good to me. ^^
Siye

Postby val » August 13th, 2006, 9:31 am

Siye wrote:Oooo I got ya :) So things we purchase from you on Ebay, we should stick with ebay.. but we can still request things on the boards through pm? Yeah, I can see why you want this to prevent confusion. Sounds good to me. ^^

Yeah, that's what I mean. The two need to stay separate for sanity and professional reasons. I'm not the only person who deals w/eBay orders. At times, I agree to something via PM but then forget to pass the information on or I think I've passed it on but it doesn't happen because the orders at eBay are printed/shipped as submitted. As a result, it causes a lot of confusion and I end up apologizing to all sides. Steve gets really upset with me when I start mixing the two places too because the orders can't be simply printed/shipped as submitted. He also doesn't like it when I think he should remember something I told him in passing. It's a real problem at times, and I'm completely my fault. Basically, if someone at TC can't sit down and process your order as submitted when I'm not here, then the process is broken and it defeats the purupose of using eBay's system to manage orders.

I also do things so informal off eBay that it can leave both sides feeling lost, so it's better to keep the two completely separate in your mind.

I've also had people join this board to use PM regarding an eBay transaction but the same people never tried to contact us via eBay and didn't realize they should use eBay. Much of this is my own fault. However, I do leave TC off my profile to prevent being identified as TC, and at times, I really want to get a break from TC but it's hard to get away. Anyway, if orders can't flow off of eBay into the mail as submited, then the process ends up broken and everyone suffers because it gets to a point that some orders don't ship normally because no one is really sure if it's okay to ship it. In addition, some members will stop ordering from our store and think PM or a reply post is an order but in reality, I may not read it and wouldn't think you'd place an order via message. When this happens, I feel pretty bad when someone misses out because I don't check PM or posts for orders. It's really confusing at times, and I don't know if I cause the misunderstanding or what but I'd like to make sure it shops here before it gets worse. I've been making mistakes lately too because of this entire issue, and i know the mistakes wouldn't happen if I didn't participate in the problem.
val

Postby Moki » August 17th, 2006, 6:26 am

Well, for anyone who still wants it. Futurecode I mean. Only 1 more available.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... OX:GENERIC
Moki

Postby val » September 19th, 2006, 3:50 am

Wani ended up printing more copies of futurecode, as well as the ABe Preview and Robot Borders book. If anyone is looking for any of these, we have them in the eBay store. However, please note that Border must ship by EMS. It's too big for Airmail. The ABe book can ship by Airmail but I prefer EMS for it because it's at the limit for dimensions on international mail. It's really BIG!
val

Previous

Return to Art Books