futurecode - postview

All about art books

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Postby H-Gurl » August 10th, 2006, 10:29 pm

MrDisco wrote:
H-Gurl wrote:Put me down for one of those Wonda Eva sets if ya can (lol).
Thanks

those are cute hey? I think it edges out the Pinky Eva figures. Must be the eyes that does it.

Yeah, also they're a lil chubby like Mine's illustrations ^_^
That makes em even cuter!!
I have no idea what you're talking about...
...so here's a bunny with a cellphone on it's head.
H-Gurl
Humble Follower

Postby MrDisco » August 10th, 2006, 10:48 pm

chubby chibis :D
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby val » August 12th, 2006, 3:17 am

Umm,

I sure hope you guys ordered via eBay after I posted earlier. Unfortunately, we're hitting a limit on cash, so if you didn't order the items that were posted for preorder, then we didn't buy for you. I'm very sorry.

Unfortunately, I still don't know the cost of RM's doujinshi but it sounds like he might release a doujinshi and figure. If so, it's going to be pricey.

I'm actually really annoyed with Yellow Tag who has released TWO doujinshi for 1000 yen each. Unfortunately, I may have to push Yellow tag to Comitia because I didn't plan for this. I don't understand why these circles don't announce these things before an event. Small businesses have small budgets, and right now, I don't think I can take much more. Especially, enough copies of Yellow Tag & two of each for everyone. I will likely buy 10 of each doujinshi but it's not enough, at all.

I didn't expect so many people to want TB's doujinshi, and the orders came in so fast that we didn't send an email to the group because there are too many people already, and I'm not going to let the people that did order down by taking more than I can get from TB. However, he'll sell at Osaka at the end of the month so we'll probably take another group of orders then but the current Comiket copies are sold out (as far as TC & TB 2006 are concerned).

I'm really bummed, but there's Comitia at the end of the month. Still WonderFest coming up next week, and I have a lot stuff planned for that too. Then there's the Chara-Hobby event as well as Comitia this month.

I tried to get some other things, like TypeMoon, Dengeki's stuff, etc. but everything was sold out so fast.
Last edited by val on August 12th, 2006, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
val

Postby val » August 12th, 2006, 3:48 am

shawn wrote::hello: Val, my wishlist.

Futurecode signed(x2)
TB 2006 (signed?)
Yellow Tag (that Lith and Orbital Box signed?)
Futurhythm PREVIEW (from your eBay store)

:peco: Cheers.

I just read this post....

? Did you place an order via our eBay store? I am sorry but I can't keep track of people ordering doujinshi from the TC store by memory. It doesn't work and believe me, I've tried... You're much better off ordering because there are simply too many of you asking me directly and I can't keep everyone straight. In fact, I've given up on trying to remember everyone's wish list. You need to order, especially if the item is limited and I need a count that involves nothing more than a total count of sold stock from running a report. If including your order involves more than a simple click and print w/everyone else, then you can bet that I'm forgetting you.

Futurecode can't be signed. It's sold by Wani, not Murata. Murata isn't at Wani's booth. I don't even think I have 2 extra copies of this book anyway, and I don't see an order under eBay either from you.

Wani is sold out of futurecode as well as the Abe and Robot books. Robot is much nicer than I expected. Abe is nice... same thing over and over but I'm not the biggest fan of his work.

Yellow tag doesn't sign. It does specifically state this on the page that you should not ask or expect Ugetsu to sign. Most artist's do not sign their doujinshi. Murata is an exception.

Futurhythm PREVIEW in our store... ? Please order it from the store then.
val

Postby shawn » August 12th, 2006, 4:01 am

val wrote:Please order it from the store then.

OK. :aka:
屁をひって尻窄め
shawn

Location: Latitude 50° 48' 5'' North Longitude 1° 4' 35'' West

Postby val » August 12th, 2006, 11:59 am

Shawn,

I take it you're mad now, and I apologize but I'm just one person.

I have 2 copies of futurecode which you can buy. I can't get more copies and unfortunately, I didn't plan for some items that did get released.

To everyone who uses this board to contact TC:

Please do not use this board to order or to contact me about TC. I wish you guys could understand that I can't keep track of your wishes, orders, requests, & items in your collection by memory, and I am not willing try any longer. My offer to help a couple people on a 1-to-1 basis is not an offer from TC, and it needs to stay separate from TC.

I wish I could post here or offer/take suggestions without taking orders for TokyoCentral and without worry of strings attached to your/my visit. I wish I could read PM and not deal with TC or an order with TC. Going forward, I'm going to make every effort to keep the two separate, but even so, I need everyone's help to stop connecting me with TC. I don't want to conduct business at this board. If a request at this board becomes a business transaction, then I am less likely to help in the future because I don't view it that way and I can't seem to get a break from work.

Recently, it's been quite obvious to me that people are using this board as a contact point for TC. I'm honestly starting to resent it, and have been frustrated by it. Visiting is no longer enjoyable, and I don't want to visit for that reason. I've even been lectured about how long it took me to reply to PM and told that I have poor customer service because the person messaged over and over at this board.

Going forward, I'll watch what I say in posts, but at the same time, I need you to read it without a TC order attached to the post.
val

Postby val » August 12th, 2006, 12:46 pm

Thanks

MrDisco, BennyFuentes & H-Gurl,

I apologize but I can't take reserves/orders on the WF set. I was just sharing the info in my post.

Unfortunately, I don't know if they'll have a per person limit or not. Based on my experience, most limited figures are sold with a 1 or 2 per person limit. If I could get a supply, I would surely take orders at the store, and I'd let you know first, but at this point, I don't know if I'll even get one at the event. As always, I will try my best at getting extra. However, it may be impossible so please don't count on me on this one.

Val
val

Postby shawn » August 12th, 2006, 1:23 pm

val wrote:Shawn,

I have 2 copies of futurecode which you can buy. I can't get more copies and unfortunately, I didn't plan for some items that did get released.

I'm not mad Val, and please don't apologize. 'I' should apologize instead for causing you grief. :peco:
屁をひって尻窄め
shawn

Location: Latitude 50° 48' 5'' North Longitude 1° 4' 35'' West

Postby H-Gurl » August 12th, 2006, 4:22 pm

val wrote:
Thanks

MrDisco, BennyFuentes & H-Gurl,

I apologize but I can't take reserves/orders on the WF set. I was just sharing the info in my post.

Unfortunately, I don't know if they'll have a per person limit or not. Based on my experience, most limited figures are sold with a 1 or 2 per person limit. If I could get a supply, I would surely take orders at the store, and I'd let you know first, but at this point, I don't know if I'll even get one at the event. As always, I will try my best at getting extra. However, it may be impossible so please don't count on me on this one.

Val

Thanks for letting us know ^_^

It's ok, if you can't :)

I'm Sorry for being a pest (hehe)
I just couldn't resist the cuteness :sorry:

I did read that there is a limit of 3 sets per person, they also said that depending on the outcome, extra sets might be sold as a "last chance" offer via their website.

*poor poopy translation by excite*

It is possible to buy it up to one person three sets.

///////////////// Urgent information ///////////////
With Gainax net eva store
Special sales decision of official goods limited time.
/////////////////////////////////////////
Added Aug 11th.

Circumstances..provide..one..Fez..go..official..goods..by all means..desirous.
This commodity to such you in the Gainaccsnet Eva store
A special net was decided to be sold.
It is an extra only of Eva the tenth anniversary Corabo project.
At the one Fez morrow, Short-term..limitation..limited amount..run out of stock..end.
The last purchase chance visits.
(Please acknowledge it when becoming an acceptance for a very short term and running out of stock. )

Details like the acceptance period and the marketing method, etc.
GainaccsnetIt checks it because it is announced to/Eva store of the necessity.

- Evangelion store *
http://www.evastore.jp/index.cgi
I have no idea what you're talking about...
...so here's a bunny with a cellphone on it's head.
H-Gurl
Humble Follower

Postby BennyFuentes » August 12th, 2006, 5:17 pm

hey Val, no prob, I really understand you must be very busy with other stuff, and we really appreciate what you´re doing, since it´s alot !

anyway, I hope Diamond gets interested on those figures and help them distribute them in america like they did with the Grimrock figures last year :)
BennyFuentes

Postby val » August 12th, 2006, 7:26 pm

Sorry guys :( Tisha's post confirms that there is a 3 per person limit. Unfortunately, many times, even with a limit, they don't have enough for everyone, and at times, the limit gets changed to one per person. I'm sure they expect a strong demand for this one at the event. It is way cuter than the last WF set. I feel bad for even posting it now because it's going to be a challenge to obtain. Perhaps, Diamond will import it. :wink:

Slightly OT, but what's with the Ass team? :?
http://www.asshall.net/
This graphic design & marketing company is behind "EVA at Work".
At the bottom of this page, http://www.asshall.net/BU/home.html, it says:
"Hello,we are ASS ! " :shock:
"We are graphic design team."
"If you interested in us, please contact (mailto:hello@asshall.net) to us."

I don't know about you but the name alone would prevent me from hiring this group as a "marketing & design consultant". I'd have a hard time taking them seriously. :P
val

Postby Siye » August 13th, 2006, 3:46 am

val wrote:Shawn,

To everyone who uses this board to contact TC:

Please do not use this board to order or to contact me about TC. I wish you guys could understand that I can't keep track of your wishes, orders, requests, & items in your collection by memory, and I am not willing try any longer. My offer to help a couple people on a 1-to-1 basis is not an offer from TC, and it needs to stay separate from TC.

I wish I could post here or offer/take suggestions without taking orders for TokyoCentral and without worry of strings attached to your/my visit. I wish I could read PM and not deal with TC or an order with TC. Going forward, I'm going to make every effort to keep the two separate, but even so, I need everyone's help to stop connecting me with TC. I don't want to conduct business at this board. If a request at this board becomes a business transaction, then I am less likely to help in the future because I don't view it that way and I can't seem to get a break from work.

Recently, it's been quite obvious to me that people are using this board as a contact point for TC. I'm honestly starting to resent it, and have been frustrated by it. Visiting is no longer enjoyable, and I don't want to visit for that reason. I've even been lectured about how long it took me to reply to PM and told that I have poor customer service because the person messaged over and over at this board.

Going forward, I'll watch what I say in posts, but at the same time, I need you to read it without a TC order attached to the post.

Hey Val,

Sorry if it seemed like that.. (from me atleast). It seemed like you actually wanted us to contact you through PM on the boards if we were interested in anything. If this isn't the case, I'm guessing we can just email you through Ebay? If you want to keep all business related inquiries/requests off the boards.. that's cool. :)
Siye

Postby val » August 13th, 2006, 7:52 am

Siye,

I don't mind taking requests or things on the side. Those should not be sent through eBay because TC does not have a request service and eBay doesn't like us dealing with buyers that we meet through eBay. I am talking about orders at Tokyocentral and follow-up on Tokyocentral orders. For example, the order you placed for TB, you need to deal with TC on that, not me. For example, if you buy at another store, do you use a 3rd party forum to contact staff about an order?

Please don't confuse my offer to get items with listings on eBay. It's totally different, and should not be combined in your mind as one thing.

Hope that makes sense.
val

Postby val » August 13th, 2006, 8:00 am

Range Murata released a doujinshi & figure. We bought a few but have arranged to pick up stock from Murata in about 10 days. This way, I can get a better idea of how many to buy and no one misses out. I guess it helps to be his neighbor. ;)
val

Postby Aegus » August 13th, 2006, 8:04 am

:)

I'm guessing the content is more sketch work for various projects?
Aegus

PreviousNext

Return to Art Books