futurecode - postview

All about art books

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Postby Siye » July 27th, 2006, 6:00 am

Am I the only one that thinks it looks like a pamphlet? I personally wouldn't pay money for that...

>>
<<
>>
Siye

Postby val » July 29th, 2006, 5:00 pm

Yes, it looks like a pamphlet. No different than Preview for futurhythm. Some will say their collection is not complete without out it so I guess it depends on your preferences.
val

Postby BennyFuentes » July 29th, 2006, 5:16 pm

val wrote:Yes, it looks like a pamphlet. No different than Preview for futurhythm. Some will say their collection is not complete without out it so I guess it depends on your preferences.

I guess I´m one of those people, I´m so longing for this adition for my Form Code book :roll:
BennyFuentes

Postby asgard » July 30th, 2006, 2:04 am

Yeah I'm in the camp looking forward to getting a copy of this.
I was going through my artbook collection today and updating my list, and spent far too much time admiring all RM's books etc.

I know I am in agreement with shawn when he says he collects not only for style, but presentation :)
asgard

Postby val » July 30th, 2006, 6:46 am

I heard that futurecode was sold at AnimeExpo and the SD Comic Con for $10. Based on that, I assume the price will be low, like 500 yen, and I would have to double the amount to cover all costs if I resold it. As a result, I don't know if I should buy very many copies at the Comiket. I don't want to invest money into something that's not going to sell. If anyone wants me to get a copy from Wani's booth, please send me a PM. I probably won't list this for preorder on eBay because I don't want to pay the fees. Wani will also be selling an Abe preview book & a robot booklet but I don't have any idea of how much either will cost. Unless I have a reason to buy more, I may just buy a couple copies of each.
val

Postby val » August 1st, 2006, 10:45 pm

Got a price on the book. It's 500 yen and the format is just like Futurhythm Preview. I can pick up a copy for $9.00+S&H if anyone is interested.
val

Postby asgard » August 2nd, 2006, 1:06 am

Still interested Val, I pmed you when you asked those interested to pm :)
asgard

Postby val » August 3rd, 2006, 10:10 pm

Hey K2kevn,

Was able to pick up futurecode at Kunikunya for $10.00. If anyway is in the Bay Area or SoCal, then you should be able to get it at their store. I don't know about the remainder of the USA or other countries though. I also don't believe they have the mini Robot called Borders, or the poster book Preview of Abe's new book. futurecode isn't in their store or any store for that matter (not even Wani's shop) in Japan, so I guess they paid Murata a lot of money. LOL

Val
val

Postby val » August 3rd, 2006, 10:18 pm

shawn wrote:Do you see Jun Tsukasa or even Shirow do that? They just couldn't be bothered...

p.s. ok ok .... don't shoot me, don't shoot me. I'm sorry! :ase:

I totally disagree with this statement. I can list some products by all artists that were designed from the outside in... Especially, shirow. Come one Shawn, look at the Solid Box. Fortunately, most deliver products that don't fall apart when you touch them, like Murata. Tsukasa is the only one that don't exploit his art, and sell the same stuff over and over and over and over, all in different forms with a slightly different package.
val

Postby val » August 3rd, 2006, 10:21 pm

shawn wrote:Do you see Jun Tsukasa or even Shirow do that? They just couldn't be bothered...

p.s. ok ok .... don't shoot me, don't shoot me. I'm sorry! :ase:

I totally disagree with this statement. I can list some products by all artists that were designed from the outside in... Especially, shirow. Come one Shawn, look at the Solid Box. Fortunately, most deliver products that don't fall apart when you touch them, like Murata. Tsukasa is the only one that doesn't exploit his art, and sell the same stuff over and over and over and over, all in different forms with a slightly different package or cover.

Everything in formcode, except for the Wani Special print, has been published in the past. It's an expensive compilation.

Of course, this is just my opinion. However, for the price, I think Murata could contribute a little more new stuff to each release, and not the same pics slightly bigger or titled or whatever.

Again, just my opinion. I would recommend buying it but it's not for everyone.
val

Postby MrDisco » August 3rd, 2006, 11:13 pm

i think i mentioned it, but if not i'm interested in this book(let).
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby shawn » August 4th, 2006, 6:09 am

val wrote:Come one Shawn, look at the Solid Box. Fortunately, most deliver products that don't fall apart when you touch them, like Murata. Tsukasa is the only one that doesn't exploit his art, and sell the same stuff over and over and over and over, all in different forms with a slightly different package or cover.

Hmm.... very true. My sense of judgement is always bad, that's why I'm always in the firing line. :uun:
屁をひって尻窄め
shawn

Location: Latitude 50° 48' 5'' North Longitude 1° 4' 35'' West

Postby val » August 8th, 2006, 12:09 am

MrDisco wrote:i think i mentioned it, but if not i'm interested in this book(let).

This is a repeat that I posted to another thread...

Some Comiket 70 Presale Items are up.
http://stores.ebay.com/AniChara?refid=store

I'll be adding more after the event, but I wanted to get some up to get a good count on demand.

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to setup something off of eBay and I need a way to collect everyone's wishes, so please *do* order via eBay before August 9th JAPAN TIME (the sooner the better so I can plan properly), if you don't want to miss out on a particular title that's listed. We'll be away at the Comic Market starting August 10th.

I'm probably not going to stock much of what's being presold, so please don't delay if you'd like to secure TB 2006 or any others posted through my store... :)

Domo

PS. I'm taking suggestions on any unique items releasing at the Comiket, such as pro artists who don't normally release doujinshi or any studios expected to release design works or anything that could appeal to a wider/global audience of collectors. If you know of any, please shoot me a Private Message. I was thinking of offering BND but his doujinshi is so expensive, I don't know if people will pay for it.
Last edited by val on August 12th, 2006, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
val

Postby MrDisco » August 8th, 2006, 3:29 am

awesome. just placed my order for
TB 2006
Border
ABe preview
and of course FutureCode

i hope others can comment on other good stuff worth ordering from comiket.
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby val » August 8th, 2006, 12:30 pm

Chocolate Shop & Closet Child (weird combo) will be selling Xenosaga Emmission II over 2 days at the event. Chocolate Shop previously sold volume 1, and it's much like an art/design book. Anyone interested in part 2? How Closet Childs other titles?

Yoshitoshi Abe will release a new doujinshi but I don't know anything about it, so I'll have to wait on that one.

Anyone interested in the artist of Shana, Ito Noizi? Anyone know the circle's name? I've seen a ton of stuff on Yahoo JP but all high priced.

How about Level-X? That's your fav illustrator MR.D but his doujinshi tend to be sketch/design books.

Murata will most likely release a new PSE doujinshi or doujin item but we won't know until the event. He likes to keep everyone in suspense.

Also, Comitia is this month too, as well as WonderFest (Mr.D did you see the WonderFest Showcase of Rei & Asuka for this upcoming WF Summer 2006? Mine Yoshizaki was part of the design team. It's really, really cute. Price is 2500 yen.)

Yellow Tag will likely release at the end of this month at Comitia. I haven't seen any change to his site, so I don't expect anything for the Comiket but if it changes and anyone notices, let me know. Most "designers" will be at Comitia so in many cases, you get two shots at getting their doujinshi.
val

PreviousNext

Return to Art Books