form code : 3rd drawing works collection [Range Murata]

All about art books

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Postby shawn » May 11th, 2006, 7:26 pm

Can I order a copy Val, of the GoFa ¥30000 version? ... ... ... but sadly I'm not in Japan though. :?
屁をひって尻窄め
shawn

Location: Latitude 50° 48' 5'' North Longitude 1° 4' 35'' West

Postby val » May 11th, 2006, 10:42 pm

MrDisco wrote:interesting. no i dont think i'ld want the gofa 30,000 version. the gofa 9500 version sounds interesting though..did they sell out of it?

No, they are not sold out. They had it for sale at the Pinky:Party too, next to the cash register. We were not aware of the GoFa version until Formcode released, but I think Wani's ver. is a little nicer anyway because GoFa's ver. doesn't include any extra art.

You did say that you were thinking about getting a second copy, so this would be a good second copy. You could combine the bonus items into one mint copy, and keep the second one for viewing.
val

Postby asgard » May 12th, 2006, 11:17 pm

skicow wrote:
:D Yeah, that's what I'm fearing!

I'm going to hold off on my collecting someone else for now -- since I've recently discovered Yahoo Japan Auctions and there's tons of Shirow stuff on there that does not make it to eBay (or if it does it's way too expensive - i.e: phone cards that are on eBay for $US33 are going for 1,000 Yen on YJP).

Oooh are you going through a service like Celga for your Yahoo Japan auctions?
asgard

wait...

Postby Yushin » May 13th, 2006, 12:45 am

3...30,000 yen?! isn't that like 300 USD? Wow... I mean wow... I agree.. it better come with a fat design book.

I didn't know GoFa had a limited edition as well. But the form|codes are all printed in wani, right?

I can't imagine how much Murata Range's hand will hurt after signing all those god-know-how-many books.
(And for GoFa, he had to sign each book like twice, right?)
Yushin

Re: wait...

Postby val » May 15th, 2006, 4:22 am

Yushin wrote:3...30,000 yen?! isn't that like 300 USD? Wow... I mean wow... I agree.. it better come with a fat design book.

I didn't know GoFa had a limited edition as well. But the form|codes are all printed in wani, right?

I can't imagine how much Murata Range's hand will hurt after signing all those god-know-how-many books.
(And for GoFa, he had to sign each book like twice, right?)

Yeah, 30000 yen is about $280 or so. The extra 20000 yen is the Range Murata designed frame. There is no design book or additional art. The price is about right for a nice frame. I once had some prints frame in the USA, and it cost me a small fortune. In fact, it cost significantly more for the frames than the prints, and I settled for a simple design.

At events in Japan, Murata signs all day long. As a result, his signature does not hold as much value in Japan as a drawing. Even his "quick" drawing doesn't hold much value because he does it too often. However, if he draws you a unique picture or personalizes it, then it's worth much more because that's rare for Murata.

I don't recall any "special" limited edition versions in the past with Murata's limited edition art books, but there's a lot more competition now. I guess each shop wants to have something unique to attract buyers. I think Wani's version is the nicest though, plus we are dealing with the publisher directly, so we can expect an unripped copy.

Unfortunately, the other shops that had "signed" prints by Murata were not original. One print was signed and many copies were made of the print. However, I believe he also spent a day at several stores signing. He doesn't seem to mind though, so that's good. Many artist will not sign. For example, Tsukasa Bullet will not sign his books. As a result, a signed TB book holds a lot of value in Japan because he doesn't sign by request.
val

Postby val » May 23rd, 2006, 12:03 pm

Hey MrD,

The postman bag for under 30000:
http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/86697474

Just letting you know because you said you wanted the bag. :)
val

Postby MrDisco » May 23rd, 2006, 3:31 pm

mmm lovely. one day it will be mine.
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby val » May 23rd, 2006, 6:05 pm

MrDisco wrote:mmm lovely. one day it will be mine.

MrD,

I'm trying to imagine a guy with that bag, and it's just not working. Perhaps, it's much bigger than I think. Is the postman bag big? Looking at the straps, I can't imagine them supporting a big bag. Anyone got specs?
val

Postby MrDisco » May 23rd, 2006, 6:53 pm

i suppose it depends on the size of the bag. what i'm really after is something functional which i can store an ipod, passport, cell phone, and other such misc. items. i.e) http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_deta ... 8410356100
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby val » May 23rd, 2006, 11:40 pm

Hmmm,

From a female perspective, based on my experiences with bags, I don't think you'd be happy with that bag for your needs. First, there are no pockets or compartments. All of your items would simply fall into the bag, like putting all your items into a grocery bag and they would move around constantly. The interior is shiny without grip so items will not stay in place well. In fact, they will slide around more. The interior is also made of thin material that's not stitched on the bottom. This means, the material will likely wear out, and items, like keys, pens, gadgets with points etc. will eventually poke through the material and your keys will eventually find a comfortable spot at the bottom under the lining against the leather. The straps are not pratical for anything heavy. They are too thin, and positioned improperly. In other words, if you used the straps over a shoulder, you'd likely be in pain after a short period from the straps pulling hard on your shoulder blade. Proper straps would come up evenly from the sides and get wider in the center where the bag sits on your shoulder. You would have to completely stop and remove the bag from your shoulder to pull anything out because the straps would prevent you from pulling your bag in front of you and peaking inside to get something. The opening would also make it difficult to find anything with ease because you'd have to support the sides while looking for something. Of course, I'm looking at this from a female perspective, and I think you'd be happier with the bag provided in the link. If the post man bag didn't open like a medial bag, and the straps were properly designed coming up the sides of the bag with a double layer strap or wider area on the shoulder, then it would be a great bag to carry without discomfort. However, it doesn't provide much support for itself so I don't think you'd be happy with it. I'm just giving you my honest opinion. I think the bag would become frustrating to carrying, especially for small items. However, if the bag were bigger, then it would probably work for larger items that are not heavy -- like an overnight bag that you will not be carrying much. It's definitely not good for daily casual use. I've spent a lot of money on neat designer bags that I have never used more than once because the straps, opening, or lack of pockets were not practical for anything more than a few hours of use. Coach makes nice, durable bags for guys. The bags can take abuse and still look great with age. They also do a great job at lining and interior/exterior pockets to keep small or expensive items secure from shifting. There's nothing worse than holes inside a bag's lining and the interior of that bag will surely shread and the straps will likely wear and break over time, especially if you try to carry it daily with heavy items inside.

Val
Last edited by val on May 24th, 2006, 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
val

Postby Siye » May 24th, 2006, 12:21 am

It looks like a woman's purse :)
Siye

Postby shawn » May 24th, 2006, 5:47 am

Maybe it should be called Postwoman Bag? Sure does looks like it. :lol:
屁をひって尻窄め
shawn

Location: Latitude 50° 48' 5'' North Longitude 1° 4' 35'' West

Postby val » May 24th, 2006, 9:37 am

When I first wrote my reply, I actually wrote isn't that a woman's purse? However, Steve said the bag is bigger than I think, and he says I'm always too blunt. He also said I am rude, so I deleted my first post, and I started thinking it could be a big bag. Then I started examining the straps on a big bag. Next, I imagined trying to find something, like keys in that big bag. Then I saw the lining which scares me. It really sucks to be me because I then spent the next 30 minutes thinking about this, and concluded that if the bag is big, it would be awful for anything more than a nightbag, like a small piece of luggage. However, it doesn't lock either, so that would not work. LOL.

Have you ever had a poorly lined bag or pocket that uses that shiny material? Is it satin or synthetic? Either way, the material can wear pretty fast, and then everything falls into a hole that will eventually take over the entire bottom of the bag. Anyways, I was trying to point out reason for why that bag would not work for your needs, even if it's big.

Kenneth Cole makes nice leather bags for guys too. However, a Coach leather bag would likely last longer, and age well with time. Timberland makes nice leather casual bags too. I'm saying, if you're going to spend $300+ on a bag, you want one that will last and stand the test of time.
val

Postby skicow » May 24th, 2006, 2:41 pm

val wrote:Have you ever had a poorly lined bag or pocket that uses that shiny material? Is it satin or synthetic? Either way, the material can wear pretty fast, and then everything falls into a hole that will eventually take over the entire bottom of the bag.

Yeah, this happened to me with one of my coats. I had a 3/4 length coat that had a nice inside pocket (any coat I buy MUST have at least one inside pocket 8)) and it was made of that material and after a year it got a hole in it and everything I put in it would fall to the very bottom of the coat! D'oh! Took me a few months of losing what I put in that pocket before I actually got around to sewing it up :oops:
skicow

Postby Susano » May 24th, 2006, 5:07 pm

Like Val said, I definitely have to agree on her opinions of the practicality the postman bag. It's a really nice, stylish looking bag for very infrequent use, but daily use would be out of the question. Depending on what the bag's made from, the straps would definitely break rather quickly. If it's made from pig leather, the bag will tear easily, but if it's made from harder leather like cow hide or even synthetic stuff, the black will rub off from use. No matter the material, it would most likely be very difficult for a seamstress to repair it. Satin, sateen, etc are also the worst materials (and cheapest in all honesty) to use for lining a bag. The stuff will definitely tear very easily and quickly; even the heavier wieghted types are very loosely woven to the point they can be easily pierced with pointed objects like pens and pencils and keys. Satin like materials also fray and shred very quickly, so if you don't fix it quickly, you can end up with nothing left of the material to repair. (Sometimes, having a seamstress for a mother is a handy thing. Especially when it comes to information on materials and how to repair them.)

Personally, I would highly recommend looking for an everyday bag that's designed similarly to the Mythwear bags. A lot of companies make similar bags that don't have the anime logos on them. Make certain it's reinforced on the edges and seams both on the inside and out. Look for a heavily padded strap(s) that can be easliy adjusted and sits comfortably on your shoulder. As far as the type of material to look for, I would suggest something that's washable- either something that can be thrown into the washing machine or at least spot washed with a damp cloth. As far as the interior, look for one that has serpperated compartments. A strap for keys is also a good idea along with loops for pens and pencils. As far as the interior linging goes, I would suggest looking for something with a heavy duty cotton or other heavy woven material or even opt for one where the inside material is sewn down so that there's no nead for an interieor lining.

Also, since you plan on placing expensive equipment into it, look for something very secure. Either try to find something that's lockable or opt for ones with a zipper closureas well as a snap closure. Never go for a bag that just has a tie or snap closure. They're far far too easy to steal items from.
Susano

PreviousNext

Return to Art Books