form code : 3rd drawing works collection [Range Murata]

All about art books

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Postby val » April 5th, 2006, 7:57 pm

there's an error inside form|code.
http://www.wani.com/teisei.php

Fortunately, we bought from Wani directly, so they're sending the correction to us for all our copies, but if you've bought it elsewhere, you may want to ask them to get the corrected page for you.
val

Postby val » April 5th, 2006, 11:16 pm

val wrote:there's an error inside form|code.
http://www.wani.com/teisei.php

Fortunately, we bought from Wani directly, so they're sending the correction to us for all our copies, but if you've bought it elsewhere, you may want to ask them to get the corrected page for you.

Also, the error is in the text on one page, which is in Japanese text only. Wani does not contact distributors or stores when an error like this happens. (we asked them because we bought stock through a wholesaler too.) As a result, you would need to have someone in Japan request a replacement page via the wani.com link above. All copies have the error, so regardless of where you bought it, it includes the error.
val

Postby asgard » April 6th, 2006, 4:47 am

Paid the shipping costs for mine today. Whew.
That link you gave is really informative Val.
asgard

Postby val » April 6th, 2006, 5:12 am

What link is informative? Are you referring to Wani's page?
val

Postby val » April 6th, 2006, 3:06 pm

Here's a quick photo of one signed print (color & light are a little off - sorry):
http://www.anichara.com/form_code/wanis ... eprint.jpg

Also, his signature does vary in color from print to print. Some are signed in white, others in green, and others in orange. The number is also hand-written by Murata in pencil on the bottom border, at the right.

I didn't put our name on the photo. If someone takes it, please do NOT hot link. Of course, credit is appreciated too, but most importantly, please don't abuse my bandwidth. We're no longer on the same type of server, so I don't have extra gigs to give away each month.

Thanks.
val

Postby MrDisco » April 6th, 2006, 3:46 pm

Looks good!

as a suggestion if you have pics that you want to share and dont care about people using them you could try a site like imageshack.us where they will host the pics for free.
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby val » April 7th, 2006, 2:16 am

val wrote:
(snip) form|code seems more like a compilation of older releases (like 1997-2002 doujinshi art and all of his afterservice works since it first appeared as a feature of Kairakuten monthly) reproduced with nicer quality and neatly compiled into a binder. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing because there's not much new art.

Correction:

Above I said "all of his afterservice works since it first appeared as a feature of Kairakuten monthly" but it is not "all". It's "everything since the limited edition futurhythm up to Feb 2006."

Going through it again, I feel the after service/kairakuten portions are the best part, and the art is probably the freshest examples from his work. Of course, his design works are also impressive, and the sheet is a fantastic part of the collection.

Reading Wani's page, they repeat that form|code is "volumous" with the number of items included, like doujinshi works, posters, etc.

I don't think most people own his older doujinshi or calendars, plus his monthly appearances in Kairakuten so this may appear as "new" art to most outside of Japan. It is impressive and massive.

If you look at the PSE 10th Anniversary Bibliography, you will see where various original prints were taken from.
val

Postby val » April 7th, 2006, 7:29 am

Sorry to post again but my last post doesn't sound quite right either. Above, I was trying to clarify a few things that I posted previously because I don't want to give the wrong impression. To put it simply, it's a fantastic collection, and there is more than his doujinshi works but there is also a good amount from his old doujinshi.

Speaking of old doujinshi, I have to show you guys something i came across. I found this old, really old, calendar that looks like it was made with construction paper prior to real copy machines. If you can, imagine the early 90s when people still used carbon paper to make copies and there were still manual copiers with blue or black ink. You could always tell when someone used one of the machines, because it made everything smell like wet ink. The calendar features Range Murata plus others. It's really old - like prior to the formation of PSE. I'll scan it and post later.
val

Postby Susano » April 7th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Ack, I really hope Wani does a regular edition of this book. I'm just itching to see the images from Range Murata's older doujinshi.

val,

That calendar does sound interesting. I look forward to seeing images of it.
Susano

Postby asgard » April 7th, 2006, 10:17 pm

This is the one I was referring to Val:
http://www.wani.com/form_code.php

And if anyone does link, you'll know re the number at the bottom I guess.
Can you set up hot link protection on your server? You could set it so that if anyone does hotlink, they get a "nice msg."

Susano I fully think they would, if it makes money, definately. Just hope they give it a better cover than that cardboard stuff they gave re: futurhythm.
asgard

Postby val » April 8th, 2006, 4:48 am

I haven't setup any of our scripts to protect the images since I'm not really using the server.

We don't have a way to simply click to protect images. I think that's a Unix and possibly also Linux thing which I know zero about..

We used to have a script that would response redirect a user to a banner for our site if it was loaded from another domain but we also had to trick the URL so that each request passed through an ASP script for the image. The script would then write the image to your screen, and the actual image could not be accessed via the web. However, I haven't done any of that with the current server.
val

Postby Plushpenguin » April 17th, 2006, 8:42 pm

Has anyone ordered form|code or anything else from Nippon-Export recently? I ordered form|code back in January (paid in full) and now that the book is out, I'm waiting anxiously for it. The weird thing is that when I went to Nippon Export to send them an email to see whats up, I get this message saying that they're no longer accepting new orders. You only see this message if you click on the "Contact us" link, or try to checkout a new order.

I'm starting to get worried. And I want form|code!!!!!
Plushpenguin

Postby val » April 21st, 2006, 10:59 am

Plushpenguin wrote:Has anyone ordered form|code or anything else from Nippon-Export recently? I ordered form|code back in January (paid in full) and now that the book is out, I'm waiting anxiously for it. The weird thing is that when I went to Nippon Export to send them an email to see whats up, I get this message saying that they're no longer accepting new orders. You only see this message if you click on the "Contact us" link, or try to checkout a new order.

I'm starting to get worried. And I want form|code!!!!!

Patience is a virtue. Did you pay for EMS? If not, you may be waiting a while.

I think fans outside of Japan need to understand that many of these stores in Japan are very small operations, and the demand far exceeds the suppliers or their ability to keep pace with the demand. If you're impatient, you should order from a corporation like Amazon.co.jp, who is a multi-billion dollar company.

Japan is very different from America, and small stores need to time to ship. Nothing is easy. Nothing is simple. Everything is redundant. Wholesalers don't ship in this country if you're small. That means, they had to pick it up once it released and lug it back to their place which is time consuming.

If you can't accept it, there are big stores out there who can live up to your expectations.
val

Postby val » April 21st, 2006, 11:16 am

Have you read their FAQ? If so, then you would know that they need time to process orders. If not, then you should probably read it.

Shops like this are specialty shops that go beyond their duties to help you get whatever you want from Japan. You can't expect these shops to work like a big Western corporation because they are not in the same league. However, I can guarantee they will search the entire country to help you find something rare, and at times, buying mass market products that are available throughout the net keeps their bills paid. It is also a great way to say thanks for helping me when the big corporations would not entertain the idea. Your patience is surely appreciated, and if you can't see the differences between the types of businesses, then it is honestly unfortunate for you. A quick spin through their FAQ is certainly in order.
val

Postby MrDisco » April 28th, 2006, 4:15 pm

in case anyone is still looking for a copy (not the Wani edition):
http://www.akadotretail.com/shop/shop_s ... 4898299881
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

PreviousNext

Return to Art Books