2007-12-26 - Year End Annoucement

Important info will be posted here

2007-12-26 - Year End Annoucement

Postby Firestorm ZERO » December 26th, 2007, 4:36 pm

Well "close" to year end. But if I don't post it now, I will forget :P

Hey all. Long time no see. The year is coming to a close and brand new year is coming.

Where was I?
- If you noticed (or don't notice). I rarely visited the forums and post.
- One reason was I had a huge home renovation to finish (before winter comes or else I will have a huge hole in the home).
- Another was school. I had a huge project to do that literally needed 50 hours of work a week! (worse even is I got only B+ ;_;. Note to all never work with lazy group members)
- So that leaves me to only visit it rarely and only read like at most one or two threads (what ever is at the top). As well I do backup of the database to make sure nothing get lost.
- So I have a HUGE backlog of threads to read!

Year End Donation, Referrals
- I like to thank the community for using the sponsor links above. We raised.... drum roll please... $40. Not bad for small community.
- As you know (or don't know), all moneys earn through the affiliate links noted above will be donated 100% to some charity at the end of year. So please use it and help those in need :)
- This year, all moneys were donated to the flood at Mexico prompted by the post by Benny during November.
- As you may noticed, I finally added eStarland. Assuming no problems, since I am still complaining about their sign-up form for affiliates :/ (they don't like Canadian postal codes for some reason)
- Where should we donate for next year? :D

User Cleaning
- You might see the member list shrink a bit as I will be doing some cleaning.
- I plan to removing any user that has not posted and not recently logged in 1 day past the registration date.
- These people most likely registered to either reserve their name, promote their web link or spammers that forgot to spam ;)

Main Site
- Still back to work ~_~. I hope I can finish it by New Year.

Some (close to end) Year End Stats
- The majority of people come from Google. Most of the searches relate to looking for bootleg information (with gundamit in the lead).
- The highest referral link from another site (for the whole year) beside search engines is H-Gurl's bootleg guide on eBay :)
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Re: 2007-12-26 - Year End Annoucement

Postby MrDisco » December 29th, 2007, 8:42 pm

Firestorm ZERO wrote:- As you know (or don't know), all moneys earn through the affiliate links noted above will be donated 100% to some charity at the end of year. So please use it and help those in need :)

I did not not know this. Great stuff!!

Happy New Year to all ZT members.
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby shawn » December 30th, 2007, 1:24 am

Firestorm ZERO wrote:Where should we donate for next year? :D

We can wait 'till near year end to decide. It's too early in case some unforseen circumstances appear in between the year.
屁をひって尻窄め
shawn

Location: Latitude 50° 48' 5'' North Longitude 1° 4' 35'' West

Postby Susano » January 12th, 2008, 7:34 pm

Well, something international for the charity would most likely be best considering we're from around the world here. And so long as it's not Salvation Army, I'll be very happy. I like the charities that help with children (Feed the Children, etc) or animals (WWF, etc) primarily, but Doctors Without Borders is a good one as well. I was very happy that last years funds went to help the flooding in Mexico; I'd read a lot about it over the past months thanks to my work.

Heh, and considering how little I've been on the forums myself, I'm certainly not going to say anything about you F Zero. Soon as I got a job, I pretty much lost all my time to dedicate to the internet and even my hobbies. I hate to think what my time will be like when I start going to school again next year. :ase2: Heh, I'll be lucky if I'll find the time eat and sleep. :banban:
Susano

Postby cbeley » January 12th, 2008, 8:45 pm

Well, if everything really is going to go to charity, the next time I order off of Amazon or estarland I'll be sure to click the links above. However, will you still get something since I already have accounts with both of them? :(

I haven't ordered anything from the others yet though...

EDIT: I really don't have any ideas on how to donate it though. All I think is that it should be sure to go with something to help people, and something that will actually help people...(Like, don't donate it all to the OLPC project :-P or wikipedia or something like that).
Wooo~ Signature goes here! 42~
cbeley

Postby Firestorm ZERO » January 13th, 2008, 12:12 am

You just have to click the link before you make an order. You will be redirected to the site and a cookie will have my referral.

Well, we don't have to decide now. If something big comes up half way, I can donate like what happened last year with the flood. As well the end of this year will take a while ;)
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Return to Announcements