2006-03-17 - Site Move Completed!

Important info will be posted here

2006-03-17 - Site Move Completed!

Postby Firestorm ZERO » March 17th, 2006, 11:41 pm

Okay the move was tough but I think I got it all working again. Please PM me *ANY* errors.

I ask to check your PMs as well if everything got transferred over. Also to backup important pms and do some "spring cleaning" ;)

I also noticed before the move H-Gurl and click made a post. Unfortunately I still have no access to the old database. I am attempting to recover the old database to get those posts.
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Postby Firestorm ZERO » March 18th, 2006, 2:24 pm

[spoiler]Testing spoiler[/spoiler]
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Postby Susano » March 20th, 2006, 5:06 pm

It's looking good Firestorm. I've not run across any problems while browsing, but I'll be sure to let you know if I come across anything.
Susano

Postby val » March 28th, 2006, 4:29 pm

Ah, this must be why I couldn't find your site. I thought I forgot URL AGAIN, so I searched Google, and it's no longer archived. Finally, I search Forums Firestorm Zero MrDisco, and I found a thread about shaving and within the clip provided by Google, I saw Mr Disco's signature that invited you to this forum. I didn't think I was going to find my way back here... LOL.

Did you switch from a dedicated IP to shared IP? If so, you may have dropped yourself from indexes like Google.
val

Postby val » March 28th, 2006, 4:36 pm

Try this:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... pe+mrdisco

That's how I finally found the forum again. Previously, I could type firestorm zero forum, and you came up as the 2nd link under some other user with the same username on a tech forum. Now, your forum has completely dropped off of search engines. If you read the text under the first link returned, you'll see MrDisco's signature.

Does the new host use domain masking over the IP address? It's kind of strange that it dropped it so fast.
val

Postby Firestorm ZERO » March 28th, 2006, 4:38 pm

LOL maybe just bookmarking the url might help :lol: So you don't have to goolge it everytime ;)

It was shared to shared. It was my first site move so I didn't know how the process was going to be and such. So I made some boo boos ~_~.

The DNS (my dns server) changed faster than expected and the forums data wasn't transferred until later. Also I saw some people still on the old forum so it did took a while till the IP propagates to everywhere.
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Postby Firestorm ZERO » March 28th, 2006, 4:39 pm

Ha ha I remember that thread. We hang out at RFD alot :)

Strange that is the only results with those "search terms" o_O
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Postby MrDisco » March 28th, 2006, 8:24 pm

yeah rfd is my second home.
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby val » March 30th, 2006, 12:31 am

That thread is pretty funny about the shaver... didn't know "guys" talked about shaving. LOL. (insert laughing mokki here)

Steve tells me they're making a MACH 4! Whatever that means... ;)
val

Postby Firestorm ZERO » March 30th, 2006, 3:15 am

There now a 5 blade razor called the Fusion. To me, it is kinda useless. 3 blades is enough for me.
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Postby DualSoul » March 30th, 2006, 3:17 am

val wrote:That thread is pretty funny about the shaver... didn't know "guys" talked about shaving. LOL. (insert laughing mokki here)

Steve tells me they're making a MACH 4! Whatever that means... ;)

It means 20 blades! 19 of those are for redundancy! Why shave when you can peel off your face so the hair folicles don't even have a spot to take root!
DualSoul

Postby MrDisco » March 30th, 2006, 3:31 am

Firestorm ZERO wrote:There now a 5 blade razor called the Fusion. To me, it is kinda useless. 3 blades is enough for me.

Not only do i have the Fusion, i have the Fusion Power. suprisingly its pretty good. the 6th blade is very handy as well.
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby val » March 30th, 2006, 3:53 pm

MrDisco wrote:
Firestorm ZERO wrote:There now a 5 blade razor called the Fusion. To me, it is kinda useless. 3 blades is enough for me.

Not only do i have the Fusion, i have the Fusion Power. suprisingly its pretty good. the 6th blade is very handy as well.

Are you sure you should be using that? After reading about you and the swiss army knife and then the scissors with parhelia flagment, I don't know if sharp objects are your friend... especially 6 blades! How big is that? Is it to save time?
val

Postby MrDisco » March 30th, 2006, 5:06 pm

Are you sure you should be using that? After reading about you and the swiss army knife and then the scissors with parhelia flagment, I don't know if sharp objects are your friend... especially 6 blades! How big is that? Is it to save time?

the blade surface is not much larger then the 3 bladed model; each individual blade is thinner allowing more to be stuffed in. the entire head of the unit is larger due to more rubber fins that follow the path of the blade. its 5 blades on one side, and a 6th on the back of the head for sideburn trimming.

its not so much to save time but to get a closer shave on each stroke. with a brand new blade it felt quite smooth to me.
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby val » March 30th, 2006, 8:36 pm

Sorry if you took me seriously. Reading your threads made me laugh about myself. I tend to harm myself and books too often with scrissors and razors. I would surely inflict serious damage to myself with six blades on one razor... no question about it.
val

Next

Return to Announcements