Toppen Tengen Gurren Lagann movies

All about anime

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Toppen Tengen Gurren Lagann movies

Postby Syn13 » April 24th, 2009, 2:07 am

Well, the DVD of the first movie just got released and its already been fan subbed~
Anyway, I didn't realize it would be so quick that it would get fansubbed so I just watched the Raw DVD ISO. While its been a while since I've watched it(THE GREATEST MECHA SERIES EVAH!), it wasn't hard to forget what they were talking about. The movie was pretty much in the format of something like the 2000 Zeta Gundam movies where most scenes were composed of clips from the show(just cut down to two hours) and new scenes where added in(definitely seems like there were alot of scenes I don't remember seeing).

For the most of it, I really loved the pace of the movie, for a two hours, the movie covers the beginning of the series to the point where the Dai-Gurren crew goes to fight Lord Genome. Though the movie does have a real different pace to it, it has cut down a couple of stuff like it will seem like there are less comedic antics and I didn't even realize this, but the bath house and beach episodes has been cut out as well leaving the movie more serious and straight to the story. That being said, also decreases Kamina's role in the series(the movie only shows short flashbacks of the important parts of Kamina's conversations and actions...I guess due to the time of the movie).

Overall, I gotta find this movie when it releases in English subs and possibly wait for the Blu Ray version of the televised series.

Oh yea, Adiane vs Yoko fight scene was awesome and now I appreciate her Revoltech movie version;
-Sniping rifle converts to assault rifle
-long hair feature
-chop sticks as weapons
Syn13

Re: Toppen Tengen Gurren Lagann movies

Postby Syn13 » April 26th, 2009, 10:44 pm

The first screening of Lagann-Hen just premiered. Looks like the guys at Gainex were able to top the TV series(the claim to have an even bigger fight between the Dai-Gurren Brigade and anti-spirals) from the reactions of the 2ch boards.
It'll be another 7 months before we'll be able to watch this one.
Syn13

Postby Slaigar » May 2nd, 2009, 8:40 pm

Adiane vs Yoko? This has peaked my interest. I was hesitant to download it, but I'll be checking it out for sure.
Slaigar

Postby Syn13 » May 26th, 2009, 11:03 pm

Somewhat related to the topic, but has anyone purchased the DVD set? I just picked up the complete series and the cool Core Drill light is awesome but feature wise for the DVDs weren't that great.
In the 9 disc, the real extras included were "Yoko goes to Gainex"(Yoko's VA interviews specific cast and directors), interview with Gainex and 2 versions of episode 6(more fan service in the DVD version).
Syn13

Postby Arcturus » May 27th, 2009, 6:03 am

I assume you are talking about the import DVD?

Will buy it if it comes out in the U.S.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, we have you at T-minus 4 mins and counting.
Shirow One to Tokyo Central we have a problem.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Postby Syn13 » May 27th, 2009, 6:44 am

Whoops, meant the TV DVD box set. I just read through one of those free monthly Anime magazines from my comic guy and apparently, Gainax(pardon my incorrect spelling above) has now released a DVD set that comes with a dual CD(soundtrack + something else?).
Aside from the lack of features from Disc 4 and up, the box is pretty awesome!
Syn13

Return to Anime