Strike Witches

All about anime

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Strike Witches

Postby Arcturus » April 10th, 2009, 4:13 am

Funimation has acquire the Strike Witches TV series. It will be sold as a series set sometime in early 2010. More information
on ANN.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, we have you at T-minus 4 mins and counting.
Shirow One to Tokyo Central we have a problem.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Re: Strike Witches

Postby Firestorm ZERO » April 12th, 2009, 6:46 pm

I'm actually surprised by this. I'm wondering if they are going to release the censored or the uncensored version. I'm betting on the censored one though.
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Postby Arcturus » April 13th, 2009, 12:12 am

It is thought that the reason Strike Witches was picked up, was because of Funimation's deal with Gonzo, and Gonzo's severe financial problems. I hope it is the uncensored version, never like censorship anyway. Strike Witches is never going to be a mainstream title, so Funimation is going to need all the fans to buy it. But we will see, logic doesn't always apply when it comes to anime distribution anyway.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Postby Susano » April 18th, 2009, 3:21 pm

I believe Funimation plans to release the series in a single box set like they've been doing with a lot of their series lately. Normally, Funimation will go for the rights found on the JP DVD, so I'm assuming that's what they will get for the US release.

I've not followed the series at all, so I don't know what the cut and uncut versions entail. I'm assuming it's like a lot of series where some nudity is covered up and then redone for the DVD release? Anyone care to enlighten me? :hate:
Susano

Postby Arcturus » April 19th, 2009, 3:08 am

Glares from the sun and the ever present steam clouds are the usual images used to cover the naughty bits.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Postby Firestorm ZERO » April 19th, 2009, 3:39 am

Susano wrote:I've not followed the series at all, so I don't know what the cut and uncut versions entail. I'm assuming it's like a lot of series where some nudity is covered up and then redone for the DVD release? Anyone care to enlighten me? :hate:

Well the first thing is in the Strike Witches universe the girls pants are just panties. Then there is one episode that is all fanservice when one lost her "pants". Also take account that most of the girls are under 18 (only 3 are aged 18+). Screens... http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/12/2 ... -delights/
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Postby Susano » April 19th, 2009, 5:11 pm

*Looks at the images* :oh:

Hmm, wow, that is a good question. I'm not certain if they will go for it, although Funi has been pretty proud of their Uncut tagline. I know it's supposed to be released in the beginning of 2010 as a full season set, so I guess we'll have to wait until they release more information about it. But your guess is as good as mine as far as that series goes. It will likely have a 16+ or higher rating if it does get the DVD version release, just like Whitchblade had.
Susano

Postby Arcturus » April 21st, 2009, 2:09 am

Irregardless of the fanservice, the series is a good one, fun with engaging characters, most have problems resulting from the effects of the alien invasion. This will be a must buy for me.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Postby Arcturus » March 24th, 2010, 3:25 am

Strike Witches – Complete First Season 3/30/10 $59.98 1 – 12 (from Funi's website)

Almost time. Funimation supposedly says this is uncensored, but the question of the day, is this going to be the Japanese TV version or the Japanese DVD version.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Postby Susano » March 27th, 2010, 4:21 pm

I'm pretty sure it's the JP DVD version. This series came up a lot with the whole Dance in the Vampire Bund censorship fiasco. Your best bet would likely be to ask on the Anime on DVD forums about it since I don't intend on getting the show until it's put on Blu Ray. Although, from what I read in the review of it, Funimation did remove one of the songs and replace it with another one.
Susano

Postby Arcturus » March 31st, 2010, 7:49 pm

Picked up the DVD collection yesterday. Will see how it is.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Postby Susano » April 3rd, 2010, 10:22 pm

There was a solicitation this week for a JP Blu Ray release. I'm really tempted since it will have both the English dub and subtitles on it. I just need to figure out if I can justify spending nearly $300USD on it. :ase:
Susano

Postby Arcturus » April 11th, 2010, 6:29 am

Finished watching all those episodes. It was great. I have no complaints about
the Funimation work.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Postby Susano » July 3rd, 2010, 3:35 am

I just got the season one Blu Ray set released in Japan in the mail yesterday and have already begun to watch it. It's packed in a very sturdy yet nondescript box of a cloud filled sky. The show itself is on two BR disks packed inside a single case with a second case containing the live action show. It also comes with a large soft cover art book and two postcards. So far I'm really enjoying the show; it's not deeply cerebral but thoroughly enjoyable to watch non the less. And as far as I can tell, the art is phenomenal looking on Blu Ray and well worth the price.
Susano

Postby Arcturus » July 3rd, 2010, 4:59 pm

Does it have a English sub-title track? Not that I would get it at $300.00 USD. Already
wondering how I am going to get all the season DVD's that I want.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Next

Return to Anime