Soul Eater

All about anime

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Soul Eater

Postby Firestorm ZERO » April 12th, 2009, 6:54 pm

Not going to summarize the series here. You can look at it in Wikipedia or something. Just discussing the series end. So spoiler ;)

Spoiler:
I was quite disappointed by the Soul Eater ending. The end definitely was rushed. Dunno why they couldn't just leave it hanging, take a break for a season for the manga to catch up and then come back (which would be better than making anime-specific stories).

The fight with Mifune and Black Star was much more darker in the manga which was of course much better ;). Things were left hanging like what happened to Maka's mother. The other students (Ox, etc..) which were in the OP/ED sequences had like little to no screen time (wtf?). And worse of all was the final battle that was finished off with a punch (!) from Maka no less.

All in all it would of been a great series, but the last few episodes killed it IMO.
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Re: Soul Eater

Postby Arcturus » April 13th, 2009, 12:16 am

I saw the first couple of episodes awhile ago, but I got some much anime backlog, that it will take time to catch up. Seem to remember something about midnight versions of the series. Did they continue the ecchi versions throughout the series? Pity about the ending. I will still end up watching it, maybe be it even will make it over here, it seems to be popular enough.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, we have you at T-minus 4 mins and counting.
Shirow One to Tokyo Central we have a problem.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Postby Firestorm ZERO » April 13th, 2009, 12:51 am

There is no ecchi and regular version for this series. I think the difference between the midnight and regular is that the midnight had like a different eyecatch which had like sketch gag or something. Basically nothing major.
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Postby Slaigar » April 16th, 2009, 5:27 am

Ending was "meh". I still enjoyed the series though. Though, I wish it had more Blair.
Slaigar

Return to Anime