Shikabane Hime: Aka

All about anime

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Shikabane Hime: Aka

Postby Arcturus » February 24th, 2009, 3:35 pm

Shikabane Hime: Aka (Corpse Princess)

English translation of title really doesn't do the series justice. Perhaps it is a good thing Funimation is using the Japanese title.

Finished watching the first season. I thought it was a very engaging series. I was drawn to watch all the episodes and actually
had to make myself stop watching. Wikipedia will give you a better series overview than I can. Basically these priest use the undead
to kill the undead. Wonder why all the undead (good) Shikabane Hime's are female............

It has good animation, nice characterizations, and a engaging story. Even though the lead character is a undead high school girl, there is
not much in fanservice. At least at the levels we are now used too. Basically a sorcery and supernatural story with a lot of machine gun girl
in it. The underlying mysteries are peeled back throughout the series. Though there are many questions that are left for the second season,
Shikabane Hime: Kuro. The second season is already televising on Japanese TV.

This is a action packed melencholy story. Be warned. The nature of the Shikabane Hime's are not going to be conducive to a happy ending
and there might be some foreshadowing of this. But who knows, stranger things have happened.

Funimation is streaming the first four episodes and supposedly you can down load those same four episodes for a modicum of cost from
their website too. I am hoping they will dub it on DVD, but so far there is no mention of that or any DVD release.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, we have you at T-minus 4 mins and counting.
Shirow One to Tokyo Central we have a problem.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Return to Anime