Linebarrels of Iron

All about anime

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Linebarrels of Iron

Postby Arcturus » February 24th, 2010, 10:46 pm

Picked up the complete series DVD package. Read the ANN review of the series.

Linebarrels started off nice, and I thought pretty realistic also, but with the denouncement of the main protaginist,
its like a different director has come onboard. Series started pretty nice, fun, action, and with a little bit of angst,
with a crazy good guy given great powers to destroy things. Now 6 episodes into the series the director has made it
slapstick and made the leader of Juda into some crazy perv and insane.

Imagine if Gendo Ikari from Evangelion, suddenly became nice. Started wearing tree costumes and taking videos
of Stay Puff Marshmellow girls. That is the sort of change that has overcome the series.

ANN did say it was moving into harem territory also. I probably will find out when I watch the final six episodes.
Bit disappointed right now, only for the change in direction. Its like they didn't know what to do after their main
character stopped being so manical. I thought they should have stayed with the shows theme, instead of introducing
the slapstick humor midstream.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, we have you at T-minus 4 mins and counting.
Shirow One to Tokyo Central we have a problem.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Re: Linebarrels of Iron

Postby BigPfeiffer » March 4th, 2010, 6:48 pm

I found that series to be a little erratic too. I almost didn't finish it because of that. Not bad overall but it was not as good as I hoped it would be when it was first announced.
BigPfeiffer
Site Sponser

Re: Linebarrels of Iron

Postby Arcturus » March 24th, 2010, 3:18 am

I have finished the last episodes of season one. While not as bad as I feared based on what I
had heard, nonetheless, it did shift downward midseason. The reviews were correct in the change
of the theme for the story. Which I mentioned in the first post.

I enjoyed the series, but the last half was not as good as the beginning half. Disappointment
really is my feeling for Linebarrels. I was hooked by the premise, but slowly bleed out as things
moved into slapstick mode, harem'ism, and most of the male characters changing into perv's.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, we have you at T-minus 4 mins and counting.
Shirow One to Tokyo Central we have a problem.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Return to Anime