How popular are anime on BDs?

All about anime

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Re: How popular are anime on BDs?

Postby shinsengumi » September 27th, 2009, 12:15 am

MrDisco wrote:I have to admit I'm tempted to get these :| Is anyone else going to double-dip or start buying anime on BR as they come out?

Absolutely. After starting to watch things in HD, I haven't been able to go back to watching DVDs without being at least somewhat annoyed at the difference in quality. I used to think that HD would not make a difference when it comes to anime, but that certainly is not the case, particularly for those series for which significant budget was devoted to detailed art and quality animation. Gunslinger Girl, Samurai Champloo, and the FMA movie on BD? I'm there. Here's to hoping that GitS:SAC and a number of other deserving shows get the treatment as well.
shinsengumi

Postby Syn13 » October 8th, 2009, 7:01 pm

MrDisco wrote:I noticed the following titles listed on Amazon for pre-order:

Samurai Champloo: The Complete Collection [Blu-ray]
Ghost in the Shell 2.0 [Blu-ray]
Burst Angel: The Complete Collection (includes OVA) [Blu-ray]
Gunslinger Girl: Complete Series [Blu-ray]
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Box Set [Blu-ray] (where's the first season?)

I have to admit I'm tempted to get these :| Is anyone else going to double-dip or start buying anime on BR as they come out?

Grabbing Ghost in the Shelll 2.0 for sure! Possibly interested in Gunslinger Girl out of curiosity, glad they are coming out in complete sets unlike Japan(except Japan possibly does recent series for individual sets).
I read the first FMP, can I just go into Second Raid?
Syn13

Postby Onegai » October 10th, 2009, 12:55 am

MrDisco wrote:Is anyone else going to double-dip or start buying anime on BR as they come out?

No, big waste of money.
Onegai

Postby Arcturus » October 30th, 2009, 5:34 pm

I am not buying any Blue Ray's, but that is mainly because I don't have a Blue Ray player. I have noticed that Blue Ray players are now being sold at reasonable prices. So within the year, I may be converting over. I assume anime will eventually upgrade themselves to the new standard.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, we have you at T-minus 4 mins and counting.
Shirow One to Tokyo Central we have a problem.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Previous

Return to Anime