Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone on the big screen

All about anime

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone on the big screen

Postby MrDisco » July 24th, 2009, 4:22 am

This one took me by surprise. Funimation has the license for the Rebuild of Evangelion project's first release Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone. As part of the license, they plan to show the infamous anime up on the big screen across North America at select theaters for one-day only.

http://www.funimationfilms.com/events.html

Starting July 22 and working its way across the US. Canadian shows are on September 30.

When I first heard the news my automatic thought was 'it will be so much easier to read the subtitles on a large screen'.
Bzzzzt! Wrong!
Not sure what I was thinking on that. Obviously they will be showing the dubbed version :( Oh well I may or may not go on September 30 - the thought of being surrounded by Otaku scares me :O
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Re: Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone on the big screen

Postby DualSoul » July 24th, 2009, 1:12 pm

MrDisco wrote:This one took me by surprise. Funimation has the license for the Rebuild of Evangelion project's first release Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone. As part of the license, they plan to show the infamous anime up on the big screen across North America at select theaters for one-day only.

http://www.funimationfilms.com/events.html

Starting July 22 and working its way across the US. Canadian shows are on September 30.

When I first heard the news my automatic thought was 'it will be so much easier to read the subtitles on a large screen'.
Bzzzzt! Wrong!
Not sure what I was thinking on that. Obviously they will be showing the dubbed version :( Oh well I may or may not go on September 30 - the though of being surrounded by Otaku scares me :O

It should. Frankly, I can't stand a dubbed show for more than a minute, so having it bombard me surround sound is not a fun prospect. The idea is a cool one though.
DualSoul

Postby MrDisco » July 24th, 2009, 6:31 pm

I was doing more reading and, like everything that is Eva, even the rebuild isn't a clear-cut case.

There's Evangelion 1.0. Then they came out with 1.01, and for the Blu-Ray they released 1.11. I'm still not clear what the differences are between the three different point releases (last I read 1.11 has 3 min more footage and some corrected scenes).
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby shinsengumi » July 28th, 2009, 6:48 am

Lack of subs aside, I find it to be a travesty that Evangelion 1.0 is not screening in New York. The stateside Blu-ray release can't happen soon enough.
shinsengumi

Postby Arcturus » August 8th, 2009, 3:37 pm

shinsengumi wrote:Lack of subs aside, I find it to be a travesty that Evangelion 1.0 is not screening in New York. The stateside Blu-ray release can't happen soon enough.

Think you missed that entry. It is showing in the East Village.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, we have you at T-minus 4 mins and counting.
Shirow One to Tokyo Central we have a problem.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Postby shinsengumi » August 9th, 2009, 2:14 am

Arcturus wrote:Think you missed that entry. It is showing in the East Village.

I can't believe I missed that. Or was it a recent addition? Regardless, thanks for pointing that out!
shinsengumi

Return to Anime