code Geass

All about anime

Moderators: MrDisco, H-Gurl

code Geass

Postby Syn13 » July 5th, 2009, 11:17 pm

So I just recently finished the entire series, while it really drawn me in, the last stretch was kinda iffy. Throughout the series, it always reminded me about Death Note. While the connections are few, Lelouch's characteristics really resemble Light's traits as well as their "secret" powers and games.
Anyway, all in all, the series does good with the story, mecha and main character development although C.C's real name was actually never mentioned...weird! Oh yea, had some really good scenes and ideas for the Kinghtmare Frames(mecha) as well as the typical Gundam type.
Syn13

Re: code Geass

Postby Onegai » July 6th, 2009, 10:38 am

It was a mecha show that, due to the focus on human relationships/emotions, appealed to people who didn't like mecha shows.

I agree parts of the second season were a bit messed up with resulting plot holes.
Spoiler:
I also didn't really like how Suzaku haxed the Knight of One in the final fight.
Onegai

Postby MrDisco » August 2nd, 2009, 9:16 pm

I just finished watching s1 and I was pleasantly surprised. It had a few loose plot points which I'm hoping they'll clear up in s2. At first I liked Lelouch's character, but by the end of it I couldn't decide if he was really the hero in this story.

The animation was quite good, and the VAs did a credible job. I can see why the show is popular.
Please join me on http://tinyurl.com/djegpo
Earned $115 in Amazon GCs -Join me and win too!
MrDisco
Humble Follower

Postby Firestorm ZERO » August 3rd, 2009, 2:10 am

One thing I like about Code Geass is that the end always make you want to watch the next episode by leaving you with a "surprise". This was done very effective in S1. S2 though I felt really rushed and didn't have as amazing calculated "plans" as in S1. From what I heard because they lost their original time slot, that they had to make changes to S2 (dunno if this is true though).
Firestorm ZERO
UBER LEADER!

Postby ai-chan » August 3rd, 2009, 5:38 am

This was one of those series where the pace of the story never dropped, and had no fillers either.

Season 2 had more drama elements to it.

it always reminded me about Death Note

Yup! There were many similarities - character wise as well as couple of plots. But, Code Geass tops Death Note for me.
ai-chan

Postby Arcturus » August 8th, 2009, 3:25 pm

I have always viewed Lelouche as the hero of the story. If it wasn't for Lelouche nothing would have changed. Britannia would have eventually ruled the world and Lelouche's father may have very well succeeded in destroying the world.

Suzaku and Kallen both would have been dead, they both owe their very lives to Lelouche.

The final episode was a mixed bag for me. I loved the ending, it wasn't contrived and it made sense, especially considering Lelouche. But you could see that the animators skimped on the backgrounds for the ending.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, we have you at T-minus 4 mins and counting.
Shirow One to Tokyo Central we have a problem.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Postby Onegai » October 10th, 2009, 1:01 am

Arcturus wrote:The final episode was a mixed bag for me. I loved the ending, it wasn't contrived and it made sense, especially considering Lelouche. But you could see that the animators skimped on the backgrounds for the ending.

If the story was good who cares about a few messed up backgrounds?
Onegai

Postby kokoburo » October 20th, 2009, 1:04 am

I also finished S1 and I was pleasantly surprised afterwards since i'm not really into this genre that much, however, my friend recommended it to me so now I'm pretty hooked!
kokoburo

Postby Arcturus » October 30th, 2009, 4:44 pm

Onegai wrote:
Arcturus wrote:The final episode was a mixed bag for me. I loved the ending, it wasn't contrived and it made sense, especially considering Lelouche. But you could see that the animators skimped on the backgrounds for the ending.

If the story was good who cares about a few messed up backgrounds?

Don't get me wrong, the backgrounds didn't ruin the show for me. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the 'mixed bag' term. I especially loved Nunnally and Lelouche's final scene, and that the creator allowed Nunnally to know the truth about Lelouche.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, we have you at T-minus 4 mins and counting.
Shirow One to Tokyo Central we have a problem.
Tokyo Central to Shirow One, that is affirmative, have Shirow One on hold count.
Please stand by.
Arcturus

Return to Anime